Motherwell v Dundee 02/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

It's not a difficult question at all. They won't actually get to pick the next guy, so they can remove all the possible obstacles and just name someone they want. If you want one guy out, you surely must have some opinion on his replacement.

Fair enough.

I'd go for someone like Enrico Maaßen. 

Done well at FC Drochtersen, SV Rodinghausen, and with Borussia Dortmund II. He fell short when given his first Bundesliga job with Augsburg and was sacked in October, so I think he'd be a realistic choice considering where he is in his career. 

39 years old, winning percentages with his previous clubs of 48.28%, 64.38%, and 53.95% before Augsburg. 

Speaks fluent English, plays an expansive, attacking brand of football, and is well suited to working on a small budget and bringing through youth players in the German lower leagues, plus he has contacts at Dortmund which could be useful if we're looking for loan talent.

He'd perhaps see us as a window to a job down south in the English Championship if he did well.

5 minutes ago, Well Well said:

There is absolutely no way Kettlewell will get sacked. Reason..we have no money whatsoever to pay him and his assistant off.  The we look at a wage for the new guy and his assistant and it wont be the same that Kettlewell is on. Then we need to offer the new guy something in the transfer window to change things around. We just don't have the cash. Christ we cant afford to put the underground heating on in the middle of winter.

That gets said everytime before we need to sack a manager,that we don't have the money to pay them off and it hasnt happened yet,if the club feel its in our best interest to part ways,the money will be found that's a certainty,either way whoever is in charge will need money in january as its our only hope,we are abysmal where the only functioning part of our team is a loanee.

15 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Davies 

There's got to be something wrong with someone who makes a suggestion like that. Can you point us to Davies' ability to build a team on a shoestring budget based on track record ? Do you have any recollection of what Davies did the last time he was here ? 

As for him having 'unfinished business' here (can't remember who posted it). The only thing Davies didn't do was bust us completely, juts a minor 'administration event'. 

I'm sure someone will come up with the dumb old cliche about how he'd 'kick thier arses and not stand for bad performances', maybe look back at how he left us. He didn't fuck off to a bigger job, waving to a cheering crowd on an open topped bus. He failed with a huge transfer budget and massive wage bill. 

Grow the fuck up. 

I think we should sack Kettlewell and go for Brick Top from Snatch. He wouldn't stand for any nonsense from the players.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Erskine Alpha said:

Snatched a draw but the manager has to go. In a world of stats the one he is failing on is wins, I genuinely hoped he would have turned it t around but I think it’s time for him to go. The next manager should play the youngsters as the senior players aren’t cutting it

I totally get the "sack him" arguement, 4 points from 36 is sackable for 99% of clubs, however the costs and the fact the new manager inherits the same shite Kettlewell is struggling with makes the benefits of sacking him rather obscure to me.

• Like 1

We need to get back to basics, our passing and movement is the worst I’ve ever seen, five yard passing is a struggle for us, it’s hot potato ball, zero composure throughout the whole team, and as for speed fcuk sake we are slow, no quick passing, how many corners today did Dundee switch off and if we were quick enough we could have got a man over for a short corner, brutal to watch again.

Every single manager should get at least the first two rounds of matches and that's not taking into consideration any bonus points for past endevours.

Our fans need to take a cold, hard look at the reality of fan ownership.  What is it you expect the club to achieve? Top 6 every season?  Brilliant players, amazing football?

Also there is a lot of frankly deluded moaning.  Fans were moaning when Alexander got us into Europe.  That's where a lot of our fan base is these days. They don't seem to enjoy supporting a town club and everything that goes along with it.  

And there is plenty of decisions Kettlewell has made that I don't get or flat out disagree with but so what?  

We are not detached in terms of points, performances, quality of squad.  There are things that can be improved but for me we've mostly been competitive.

If we are hitting re-start after 14-15 matches every season we are going to have a foundation and no roof on a permanent basis.  And the usually suspects complaining that the rain is coming in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

There's got to be something wrong with someone who makes a suggestion like that. Can you point us to Davies' ability to build a team on a shoestring budget based on track record ? Do you have any recollection of what Davies did the last time he was here ? 

As for him having 'unfinished business' here (can't remember who posted it). The only thing Davies didn't do was bust us completely, juts a minor 'administration event'. 

I'm sure someone will come up with the dumb old cliche about how he'd 'kick thier arses and not stand for bad performances', maybe look back at how he left us. He didn't fuck off to a bigger job, waving to a cheering crowd on an open topped bus. He failed with a huge transfer budget and massive wage bill. 

Grow the fuck up. 

I think we should sack Kettlewell and go for Brick Top from Snatch. He wouldn't stand for any nonsense from the players.

Exactly I've never been so close to turning my back on Motherwell than when that useless wee fanny was our manager. Fuck me still have nightmares about him signing his brother.

9 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Grow the fuck up. 

Bravo. How about suggesting a name then? Or is that beyond you and someone else's problem? Malky? Crags n Faddy? Always the same old "faces" in here happy to pounce on others for making a suggestion without sticking their neck out and offering anything productive.

Just now, wellup83 said:

Bravo. How about suggesting a name then? Or is that beyond you and someone else's problem? Malky? Crags n Faddy? Always the same old "faces" in here happy to pounce on others for making a suggestion without sticking their neck out and offering anything productive.

I think we should be supporting the one we've got before we delve into a fantasy land of made up track records and abilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ppower said:

Yes and in the process no conceded more goals than any team in the league. 

And scored as many as St Mirren and more than everyone bar Celtic/Rangers and Hibs. 

I'm not saying everything is rosy, but they're no where near as apocalyptic as some people suggest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Not being funny here, but when you say you think he can become a success at Motherwell, what are you basing that on?

His record as a top-flight manager isn't good. He failed at Ross County when he got the job on his own, and once he got a transfer window at Motherwell he hasn't really done a great job here either.

I'm basing it on his time with Motherwell. Couldn't care less what he did at Ross County.

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Kettlewell had an easy run of games including the bottom 6 and was helped by Hearts and Hibs both going into meltdown. 

So basically, everyone we played under Kettlewell last season were pish, but they were all good when we played them under Hammell ?

10 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

I'll support Kettlewell all day long but it won't put a winning team on the pitch alone.

And bringing in Davies will ?

On 11/29/2023 at 9:30 AM, MJC said:

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of us winning three games in a row! This team couldn’t be trusted to win one.

County winning last night has cranked up the pressure just a little bit more on us to get a win on Saturday but I can’t see us getting it and reckon this will be yet another defeat.

0-2

Game was poor and so was your prediction...

3 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

And bringing in Davies will ?

It's not a certainty. It never is but he's now an experienced manager with proven success in England. Probably with contacts that will allow us access to a better pool of loans and transfers. I get why people are still butthurt by his previous tenure but I honestly think he'd be a different proposition a second time round. Motherwell was his first gig and over 20 years ago.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

It's not a certainty. It never is but he's now an experienced manager with proven success in England. Probably with contacts that will allow us access to a better pool of loans and transfers. I get why people are still butthurt by his previous tenure but I honestly think he'd be a different proposition a second time round. Motherwell was his first gig and over 20 years ago.

Not being funny or sarchastic, I just don’t know much about him but why is he not working now? 

Just now, texanwellfan said:

Not being funny or sarchastic, I just don’t know much about him but why is he not working now? 

Davies hasn't held a management position in almost ten years now. I'd imagine that at least part of the reason for that is his antics in his last job.

The secret filming of journalists at Forest press conferences, blanket media bans, long-serving club staff sacked without explanation, his cousin and agent joining the club in a senior role after being suspended as a solicitor, arguing with photographers during games, and a five-game touchline ban imposed for using abusive language to a match official.

He's pretty much not been considered for many jobs outside the Hearts one over five years ago I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David said:

Davies hasn't held a management position in almost ten years now. I'd imagine that at least part of the reason for that is his antics in his last job.

The secret filming of journalists at Forest press conferences, blanket media bans, long-serving club staff sacked without explanation, his cousin and agent joining the club in a senior role after being suspended as a solicitor, arguing with photographers during games, and a five-game touchline ban imposed for using abusive language to a match official.

He's pretty much not been considered for many jobs outside the Hearts one over five years ago I think.

Thanks (not Allowed anY more reactions today) 

• Like 1