Ross County v Motherwell 05/12/23

SteelmaninOZ

Another must win game.

Another game where we will fail to win. Nothing surer.

2-2 after we’ve been 2-0 down and don’t start playing until the 70th minute and we’ll scrape another draw with a last minute equaliser again and we and Kettlewell live to ‘fight’ another day. 

45 minutes ago, MJC said:

Another must win game.

2-2 after we’ve been 2-0 down and don’t start playing until the 70th minute and we’ll scrape another draw with a last minute equaliser again and we and Kettlewell live to ‘fight’ another day. 

You're not predicting a defeat ????? Wow !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

The gaffer says 

Is anyone else getting bored with these pre-match interviews in which he continually states the obvious and, worryingly, never seems to express one bit of genuine anger about the 11 games without a win? It feels like he's going through the motions and padding them out with his usual word soup, which doesn't exactly fill me with the confidence that he's got the passionate fire in his belly needed to get him out of the mess he's created. And before someone says that the players have to shoulder some of the blame, I'll say this: yes, they do, but the buck stops with the manager, always. I think he'd be doing himself a favour if he was a bit more honest about things and showed a hint of genuine anger and passion. 

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

Is anyone else getting bored with these pre-match interviews in which he continually states the obvious and, worryingly, never seems to express one bit of genuine anger about the 11 games without a win? It feels like he's going through the motions and padding them out with his usual word soup, which doesn't exactly fill me with the confidence that he's got the passionate fire in his belly needed to get him out of the mess he's created. And before someone says that the players have to shoulder some of the blame, I'll say this: yes, they do, but the buck stops with the manager, always. I think he'd be doing himself a favour if he was a bit more honest about things and showed a hint of genuine anger and passion. 

Rule number one when you're a manager is to never publicly throw your players under the bus.

Any time you hear that you know they are out the door within the week. Steven MacLean at St Johnstone is the latest example of that in Scotland, and after Paul Heckingbottom's post-match at the weekend he's about to be replaced at Sheffield Utd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Another must win game.

Well there is something surer , you'll be on this forum doing your "Private Fraser" routine , you'll get it right eventually 

He said on Saturday it wasn't good enough...we got to get behind the guy ..4 managers in 3 years isn't a good look, they can't all be poor managers..

On 12/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, SteelmaninOZ said:

Another midweek fixture in the far north. Will the weather change the fixture ?

think weve won our last couple of mid week winter must wins, just hope we have enough left not to get beet,  and i know we are not setting the bar high, but high enough just now

4 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

thats good news.  If we could get back to McGinn, Butcher & Casey as the back 3 we'd be a bit stronger. 

Bevis hasn't done much wrong this season so dropping would be harsh. I've even had him man of the match in the last couple of games. Casey's form has been indifferent although improved recently. Butcher is just back from injury and not up to speed yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

The gaffer says 

why give one sentance answers when you can give 10,000 word answers, notice none of his media pals have called him out to be under pressure because of his stinking run of form , i am not saying i want him out (yet) as i think he should be at least given up to the window unless we go rockbottom, and behind on points  but i think all his pals think he will get out of this

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

sorry wellfan iv just written much the same b4 iv read yours   ma fault :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

Is anyone else getting bored with these pre-match interviews in which he continually states the obvious and, worryingly, never seems to express one bit of genuine anger about the 11 games without a win? It feels like he's going through the motions and padding them out with his usual word soup, which doesn't exactly fill me with the confidence that he's got the passionate fire in his belly needed to get him out of the mess he's created.

If there's one thing Kettlewell knows how to do, it's play the media game. He's obligated to speak to the media, but he's not obligated to say or do anything that could give the opposition an insight into his planning, make it look like he's panicking or losing the plot, or say anything that could upset the players and cause an issue in the dressing room.

I guarantee what he says publicly and privately are two different things.

• Like 1

I totally forgot all about McGinn, once back should be interesting.  I have been a big critic of his a lot but Big Bevis not done much wrong recently. Actually Casey has been our weakest link in centre defence recently.

A win tomorrow would be massive but I have a feeling best we will get is a draw....COYW

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

A win tomorrow would be massive but I have a feeling best we will get is a draw

We're getting to the stage where anything less than a win will be unacceptable, as a draw tomorrow would be five draws and zero wins in 12 games or 5 points out of 36. That is relegation material. 

We're getting to the stage where anything less than a win will be unacceptable, as a draw tomorrow would be five draws and zero wins in 12 games or 5 points out of 36. That is relegation material. 

I agree that we need to start winning games and the next game is always a good time to start.

But a point away from home is never unacceptable.

But if we dont win tomorrow night and go into the weekend without a win in 13, then not beating St Johnstone at home would leave SK running out of road.

The run itself is bad enough but there have been some truly awful performances in there too. These late fight backs have papered over some of those performances. St Johnstone, Aberdeen, the first half at the weekend, the list goes on. I just don’t see us getting back to playing well like we did in the first 4 or 5 games of the season.

I don’t think we will be relegated, even if we stick with SK, but I can’t see these awful performances turning back into us playing well. I feel like we will just eye-bleedingly shithouse our way to 10th.