Ross County v Motherwell 05/12/23

SteelmaninOZ

6 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

Absolutely gutless there’s players in that team that have been complicit in getting 3 managers sacked and should be shown the door alongside the manager, our captain amongst them.

Exactly,I said the same a few games ago,there's a pattern now with certain players that go into hiding and show no interest at the first sign of trouble,it's not a coincidence and the sooner some are out the door the better.

3 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Midfield has been a struggle for months with teams dancing through us with ease .

tonight we played with 2 - neither of them defensively minded . 

shocking  decision. Absolutely shocking

Midfield has been terrible for seasons, never mind months.

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Kelly tied to his post again 

no yodo     he done a star jump at the first,     a looky looky at the second   and a fly swat straight to the incoming player       INTERNATIONAL GOALIE MY FECKIN RING PIECE    the neext thing to get dropped is him     thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mio said:

Genuine question, who would want the job as motherwell manager. We have no money and we keep sacking managers.

i can’t think of anyone bar yogi hughes that would want it. 

he will sign some gid big onest laddies  n we will be fine / fucked till next year

I had thought that with the international break and the positive performance and result at Celtic Park, SK had managed to clear his head and focus on what was required to get us back on an upward trajectory, but that team selection tonight was the kind of thing that would get any manager sacked. We had only lost Paton from Saturday yet he felt the need to tinker with the whole team and place yet more square pegs in round holes. 

Returning to a formation that had failed miserably only a few weeks ago was madness.

Quite how he thought that would work is baffling and the sign of of a manager in crisis. He then doubled down on this with even crazier substitutions. His decision making is shot and it looks like it may be ireparably so.

Ive defended SK up until now, but if results go against us tomorrow and at the weekend we could end up bottom of the league without a win in 14.

He could not and should not survive that.

6 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I had thought that with the international break and the positive performance and result at Celtic Park, SK had managed to clear his head and focus on what was required to get us back on an upward trajectory, but that team selection tonight was the kind of thing that would get any manager sacked. We had only lost Paton from Saturday yet he felt the need to tinker with the whole team and place yet more square pegs in round holes. 

Returning to a formation that had failed miserably only a few weeks ago was madness.

Quite how he thought that would work is baffling and the sign of of a manager in crisis. He then doubled down on this with even crazier substitutions. His decision making is shot and it looks like it may be ireparably so.

Ive defended SK up until now, but if results go against us tomorrow and at the weekend we could end up bottom of the league without a win in 14.

He could not and should not survive that.

Pretty much agree with that and I've defended him up until now as well. I said before the game that the team selection was one made by someone who's lost his shit. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

We are in freefall on and off the park and in all honesty we as a club deserve to be playing lower league football

I’m afraid I have to agree with you on this. The big question is; would it allow us to re-set the club or would we fall away like Dunfermline, Partick, Falkirk et al.

7 minutes ago, El Grew said:

I’m afraid I have to agree with you on this. The big question is; would it allow us to re-set the club or would we fall away like Dunfermline, Partick, Falkirk et al.

We only deserve to be in a lower league if we end up bottom of the league at the end of the season and anyone who thinks it's a good reset opportunity is off their head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We really needed 6 points minimum from this 4 game run to stop the rot and solidify us in mid table.

The fact we have lost the first 2 doesnt bode well.

Of course we could win our next 2 games but given our current form and the further injuries picked up tonight it seems unlikely.

The board might be tempted to give him St Johnstone, but if he was to lose that one he is definitely toast.

Its yer goalkeeper n captain Stuart that is at the heart of loosing goals. Every team in the leauge knows to put high crosses into him by now.
Doesn’t come out , doesn’t command his box and doesn’t install confidence in the already poorly organised defence . How can he ,the captain, inspire and organise others when he’s concentrating on his own poor performances. Said it before goalkeepers don’t make good capains especially when a leader on the park is required.

He’s having a really bad spell when he should be trying to impress for the Euros. Looks like the pressure has got to him.

4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We really needed 6 points minimum from this 4 game run to stop the rot and solidify us in mid table.

The fact we have lost the first 2 doesnt bode well.

Of course we could win our next 2 games but given our current form and the further injuries picked up tonight it seems unlikely.

The board might be tempted to give him St Johnstone, but if he was to lose that one he is definitely toast.

No danger we will win our next two new manager or not , one point at best. St Mirren are a far better team than us and will take care of us without breaking sweat.