St Mirren v Motherwell 16/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

our full backs have done well today defensively. After their penalty we were the better team. We should have won that with the chances we had. A point is never a bad result in paisley, against a team who are very good at home. We are still battling away. Perhaps the subs should have been on a bit earlier. 

A decent performance but still 14 without a victory. Kettlewell still needs to win before he loses. It looks like a P45 for Christmas next week.

Good performances from Davor, Gent, Blaney and Spencer. Spencer back on form and Blaney had his best game so far for us.  

Big Bevis never makes it look easy but we are far better with him in the team than out. 

• Like 2

A good result today and we picked up an unexpected point. That combined with Livingston's failure to win means that we're no worse off. As things stand though, Livingston and us are the two weakest teams in the league. 

Despite a modicum of optimism, our winless run continues. Others may know better but I think I think its our longest winless run for some 28 years?  In 1995 it was 15 games.

Battling performance against a team that’s only lost once at home and in absolutely dreadful conditions. Kudos to the players but 4 good chances passed-up.

As I’ve said before draws are better than defeats but are no use in our position and will lead to usgoing down.

Livingston 5 points behind us but 2 games in hand and our next 3 games: Rangers (h), Aberdeen (a) and Livingston (a).

Just now, El Grew said:

Battling performance against a team that’s only lost once at home and in absolutely dreadful conditions. Kudos to the players but 4 good chances passed-up.

As I’ve said before draws are better than defeats but are no use in our position and will lead to usgoing down.

Livingston 5 points behind us but 2 games in hand and our next 3 games: Rangers (h), Aberdeen (a) and Livingston (a).

livi home ??

1 minute ago, MJC said:

Well a decent result at a difficult venue and a clean sheet, that’s positives right there. 

The negatives though are that the winless run extends even further but there are signs of encouragement.

A chance next week to kill 2 birds with one stone v Rangers at home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Good point on paper, but we have to take those chances.

It's not really that was the fourth of the most winnable games and we took three points out of twelve. We now have Rangers and Aberdeen which we will lose. The absolutely best we are getting this season is a play off. We just aren't good enough .

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

A good result today and we picked up an unexpected point. That combined with Livingston's failure to win means that we're no worse off. As things stand though, Livingston and us are the two weakest teams in the league. 

Despte a modicum of optimism, our winless run continues. Others may know better but I think I think its our longest winless run for some 28 years?  In 1995 it was 15 games.

That's exactly as I see it. It will us two in the bottom two spaces come April unless we have an unexpectedly good January transfer window.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

We really are no worse than most of the other teams but we had an horrendous run of games where we continued to gift wrap goals for the opposition. 

We also have a gift for the opposition in every game. St Mirren were utter shite but again bomb scare Mugabi doesn't deal with a through ball and we end up giving a gift of a penalty. Any improvements we make will always be undone by the usual suspects. Clear out needed but we do not have the resource to do it.

I hate to rain on the parade, but all these single points now have us, in my opinion, in the worst relegation position more than being at the bottom where your fate is known. What's clearly missing is an integrated team plan, so we're not confronted with the defence doing well but the forwards failing, or where we don't know from one game to the other which Kelly will show up, and then the forwards scoring but the defence has more holes in it than a sieve. Surely it's management's job to bring a team onto the park that understands and can pull it together occasionally. And I think it's Rangers next!!