Motherwell v Rangers 24/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, wellfan said:

The manager is crap but he's steering a shite ship built by him and other twats. 

Our recruitments been poor for years though. Under Robinson we had a scattergun approach and maybe found a couple good players in the bunch. Since then we’ve signed who we have now I lay the blame on the door of Daws and our recruitment team personally. 

1 minute ago, Throughthelaces said:

Our recruitments been poor for years though. Under Robinson we had a scattergun approach and maybe found a couple good players in the bunch. Since then we’ve signed who we have now I lay the blame on the door of Daws and our recruitment team personally. 

It's not just our recruitment, even our youth development has produced near fuck all for the last few years. The full place is a riot.

2 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

It's not just our recruitment, even our youth development has produced near fuck all for the last few years. The full place is a riot.

Sometimes you just don’t have people good enough to play the first team I’m the youth academy or it’s a struggle to keep them here as if they have real promise they’re gonna go elsewhere unfortunately. 

Just looking around the team - individuals are either the same or worse than what we had in the second half of last season .

sod , mugabi , blaney, Paton didn’t get a start for good reason . 

I think SK is getting as much as he can from this squad but this is his fault - he agreed and signed several players who are worse than what we had . 

hence no wins since 3 sep 

5 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

Robinson signed more players of a good standard than three managers combined have since, on I would think the same budget. People used to go on about the previous recruitment,( was it Foyle)under Robinson but he had a way better eye for a player

1 minute ago, Throughthelaces said:

Sometimes you just don’t have people good enough to play the first team I’m the youth academy or it’s a struggle to keep them here as if they have real promise they’re gonna go elsewhere unfortunately. 

I dont disagree but at the same time I cant remember a time where it's been as bad as this. Not a single home grown player in the starting line up is a rare thing for Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Robinson signed more players of a good standard than three managers combined have since, on I would think the same budget. People used to go on about the previous recruitment,( was it Foyle)under Robinson but he had a way better eye for a player

That’s more or less what I’m saying, we signed some decent players under Robinson and Foyle they weren’t all perfect there were a few duds but The goals we conceded today have been horrendous. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think you need to forget about Robinson. He's gone and won't be coming back, so he's irrelevant to our current situation.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

I think you need to forget about Robinson. He's gone and won't be coming back, so he's irrelevant to our current situation.

Where we are now is down to what’s happened over the last few years. Robinson, Alexander, Hammell, Kettlewell. I would say they are all relevant to where we are now.