Motherwell v Kilmarnock 03/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Not sure how others feel, but there's an air of reassurance with SK.

He doesn't seem to flap in interviews etc and generally seems to be able to handle the situation.

Obv not good going 17 without a win, but are we not something like 1 loss in 10 as well?

Although its a bit of a shitshow, I'm nowhere near as concerned as I was last season.

I like SK, I do think he is bursting his hump to make us better. Rarely are his post match comments wide of the mark. His transfer dealings up to this window were nowt to get excited about. However many in our support are utterly delusional about what players we should go for or indeed would want to come to us. 

I hope his signings turn it around for him this time, even just to shut the cunts up who have it signed sealed and delivered that every signing is shite by looking at their Wikipedia history.

Our fans reaction over the transfer window has been way over the top without knowing fuck all about any of them. St Mirren, Livingstone, St Johnstone and Ross County have all done next to fuck all in the window and we were starting to amass more points than them in the recent form guide. 

So unlike many of our support I'm not in the depths as despair yet , I wait and see before rushing to judgement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I like SK, I do think he is bursting his hump to make us better. Rarely are his post match comments wide of the mark. His transfer dealings up to this window were nowt to get excited about. However many in our support are utterly delusional about what players we should go for or indeed would want to come to us. 

I hope his signings turn it around for him this time, even just to shut the cunts up who have it signed sealed and delivered that every signing is shite by looking at their Wikipedia history.

Our fans reaction over the transfer window has been way over the top without knowing fuck all about any of them. St Mirren, Livingstone, St Johnstone and Ross County have all done next to fuck all in the window and we were starting to amass more points than them in the recent form guide. 

So unlike many of our support I'm not in the depths as despair yet , I wait and see before rushing to judgement.

I like him as well. The only criticism I have of him is that hes not been raging/critical enough when we had a couple of big defeats before Christmas. He's very diplomatic in interviews. I get that's just him. I think he interviews very well. 

13 minutes ago, MJC said:

Unchanged line up and despite signing umpteen fullbacks SO’D keeps his place. I don’t even know why I am surprised. Kettlewell is a dunderheid.

That dunderheid McInnes has Stewart and Van Veen on the bench.

• Confused 1

Just now, wellfan said:

All those signings and he fields an unchanged starting eleven. Idiot. 

There's only one idiot on this thread (not true actually, there's at least three).

You'd put a bunch of guys who arrived some time over the llast three days into the starting line up ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wellfan said:

All those signings and he fields an unchanged starting eleven. Idiot. 

Don't think it's unrealistic to put new signings on the bench particularly if some of them are likely short of match fitness 

4 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

There's only one idiot on this thread (not true actually, there's at least three).

You'd put a bunch of guys who arrived some time over the llast three days into the starting line up ?

It's not like we're on an epic winning streak, is it?! 

Just now, steelboy said:

We played much better after Miller came on. 

And you know for a fact that Miller is on his way back from a bad injury that kept him out for weeks. Or does that not matter to you ?

11 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Its a strange feeling that we've won, what is it? 1 in 18 now? Could get pumped 5-0 today, and the managers job is still safe as houses to the point where pointing this out makes you the bad guy in manys eyes.

As opposed to being shot down if you say you like anything about Motherwell and Kettlewell 

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

That dunderheid McInnes has Stewart and Van Veen on the bench.

He’s got Vassell, Watkins and Armstrong to pick for his starting eleven though. Unlike us they actually had decent options before they signed Stewart and van Veen. 

5 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

And you know for a fact that Miller is on his way back from a bad injury that kept him out for weeks. Or does that not matter to you ?

He played 35 minutes last week. If he's only got 45 minutes in him make it the first half. 

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

He’s got Vassell, Watkins and Armstrong to pick for his starting eleven though. Unlike us they actually had decent options before they signed Stewart and van Veen. 

So those guys are better than Stewart and Van Veen? Or is there maybe another reason he didn't throw them into the starting 11?