Motherwell v Kilmarnock 03/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Been checking updates for KVV all week and im sure im not the only one gutted at the news of him joining Killie, But what can we do when another club is offering him double his salary. Would be sad to see the east block turn on him but sadly that is the way football is and will always be.

Il be heading through this Saturday to support my club and hopefully see some new signings make an appearence, Be nice to see Bair continue his scoring run too, Onwards and upwards ❤️💛

Enjoy your trip Chanzeypopz stay safe enjoy the game. You might even see KVV😉 COYW

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

We ain't exactly great at welcoming former players.  I remember Lambert getting booked when returning with sellik. His crime.....leaving us to join Dortmund and win champions League 

Joining Celtic was the crime.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, steelboy said:

If Van Veen is playing for Killie at the weekend this could be a belter of game. 

The guy was having meltdowns 5 minutes after getting back to Holland good luck playing in front of the East Stand. 

The usual mugs in our support will cheer him no matter what he does.

That said though the mood in the support is at a low point and on the back of this clusterfuck of a transfer window if van Veen plays and scores against us for Killie tomorrow while we struggle for goals and watch to see if our umpteen full backs can make an impact then it might be a bridge too far even for the East Stand fan boys. 

11 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

We ain't exactly great at welcoming former players.  I remember Lambert getting booked when returning with sellik. His crime.....leaving us to join Dortmund and win champions League 

I seem to recall that part of the problem was that he was one of our first Bosmans and walked away for nothing at the end of his contract; no fee. That irked quite a few fans.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

The usual mugs in our support will cheer him no matter what he does.

No they won't. He'll maybe get a wee round of applause when he warms up, but he'll certainly not get cheered if he scores against us, for example.

7 minutes ago, David said:

No they won't. He'll maybe get a wee round of applause when he warms up, but he'll certainly not get cheered if he scores against us, for example.

We’ll find out tomorrow. But we’ve got more to worry ourselves with just now. The way I see it is that we need a minimum of four points from the next two home games and progression in the Scottish Cup within the next week or Kettlewell is done. If we lose tomorrow or even do our usual and fall behind early on then the reaction from the stands will be unpleasant because I get the feeling that more and more of the support are at the end of their tether.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MJC said:

because I get the feeling that more and more of the support are at the end of their tether.

An interesting observation. I have made it clear that I am very much in the "sack him" camp, but it feels like he has a large % of our supporters who think we should stick with him. Those calling for his head are in the minority imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

An interesting observation. I have made it clear that I am very much in the "sack him" camp, but it feels like he has a large % of our supporters who think we should stick with him. Those calling for his head are in the minority imo.

There is a split and indeed I’m not even sure myself which side I’m currently on. I don’t want to see us part company with yet another manager, he would be the third in less than two years, but at the same time we can’t go on as we are. One win in eighteen league matches is relegation form and after the way the transfer window has gone if we don’t get at least one win from this home double header then I don’t see a way back for Kettlewell. I’ve already got ‘Hammell at Starks Park’ or ‘Baraclough at Cappielow’ feelings about next Friday night. And ironically we’ll be back at the ground where it ended for Baraclough. I can see it going the same way for SK.

So KVV had "every club in Scotland" interested and he chose Killie? He must love a pie.

I predicted he'd be back to his regular 7 or 8 goals a season, so I suppose we'll see Notradamic I can be.

Thanks for the transfer money Kev and mind your achilles on the plastic.

Oh, and 2 - 1 for us tomorrow.

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

So KVV had "every club in Scotland" interested and he chose Killie? He must love a pie.

I predicted he'd be back to his regular 7 or 8 goals a season, so I suppose we'll see Notradamic I can be.

Thanks for the transfer money Kev and mind your achilles on the plastic.

Oh, and 2 - 1 for us tomorrow.

With KVV sent off for second yellow

Not sure how others feel, but there's an air of reassurance with SK.

He doesn't seem to flap in interviews etc and generally seems to be able to handle the situation.

Obv not good going 17 without a win, but are we not something like 1 loss in 10 as well?

Although its a bit of a shitshow, I'm nowhere near as concerned as I was last season.

• Like 1

A good performance and a win to hopefully settle the nerves of some of our more restless elements of the support. Doubt KVV will play but if he does let’s see what version comes on the motivated goal scorer or the stroppy canny be arsed moving lazy bugger. Won’t be cheering him he’s left us now and not our player. Let’s just get behind the lads.

18 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

A good performance and a win to hopefully settle the nerves of some of our more restless elements of the support. Doubt KVV will play but if he does let’s see what version comes on the motivated goal scorer or the stroppy canny be arsed moving lazy bugger. Won’t be cheering him he’s left us now and not our player. Let’s just get behind the lads.

Agree. 

Looking forward to the game today, getting the three points would be tremendous considering the other matches that are taking place today. You would expect Livi to lose at Ibrox, It'll be interesting to see how Aberdeen fare when they get a new manager but they play Celtic at home, and of course you have County vs St Johnstone. 

It was mentioned on social media that KVV never trained with Killie yesterday so it'll be interesting to see if he will be in the squad, I think most would have expected him to be on the bench at the very least.

The last game at Fir Park earlier in the season they kept putting crosses right on top of Kelly and it eventually paid off. Annoyingly you feel that we will need to score at least twice as we can't stop conceding daft goals no matter what defensive partnership we opt for. But in saying that it was a game of two halves and you can't beat the joy of a winner deep in injury time. 

14 minutes ago, Richie said:

Not sure how others feel, but there's an air of reassurance with SK.

He doesn't seem to flap in interviews etc and generally seems to be able to handle the situation.

Obv not good going 17 without a win, but are we not something like 1 loss in 10 as well?

Although its a bit of a shitshow, I'm nowhere near as concerned as I was last season.

I think I might have mentioned it in another thread but we're one point better off after 22 games than we were last season, in fact four teams were all stuck on the same points, thankfully as it stands this season Livi are currently marooned at the bottom, it's nice to have that cushion and while we are struggling to win we have only lost two of our last competitive fixtures and considering we have had to deal with injuries, loan recalls etc we can take a degree of confidence from that. It would be nice to turn those draws into wins. 

21 minutes ago, Richie said:

Apparently KVV didn't train yesterday.

I'd say its relatively unlikely he'll play, certainly wont start.

As long as he does hee haw today, that's fine, since we're unlikely to face him again in the league. If he's back on form when Killie play the 3 below us, we won't be complaining.

I suspect that KVV will be on the bench and will be given 10 minutes or so. Absolutely no point in McInnes signing him and then waiting on him getting up to speed. They've no time for that. 

Anyway this game is about us. Its an important game and a chance to get one over on our rivals.  There's a chance that some folk are building Killie up to be something they're not. However the game unfolds, they'll prove a very hard physical test.