Motherwell v Ross County - 06/02/24

MJC

2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I was actually starting to get frustrated with Spittal giving the ball away too much in the second half then he produces that goal and a perfect ball thru to Vale for the last goal

He reminds me of Kirk - reads the game , has a great eye for goal, too slow to be a striker but a dangerous player who links play well . 

we should put him on as a sub for all cup games 

An excellent night.

A much needed win and by a far bigger winning margin than anyone would have thought, but thoroughly deserved.

Andy Halliday put in a great contribution until he went off, took his goal well and was solid.

A great penalty from Thelonius Bair! He’s brimming with confidence 

And without a doubt Blair Spittal’s finest performance in our colours. 

A good night all round 😁

A great confidence boosting win with plenty of very good performances - only slightly tempered by the fact that they were utter pish.

I think Andy Halliday has made a big difference. With him just in front of the defence he has provided much needed security and given Blair Spittal a platform to play off and show his creativity.

Better be no negative nonsense tonight.  Just home and absolutely buzzing .   A big thank you to Derek Adams for how to lose a dressing room but I would rather focus on us.  If Bair had shooting boots on could have been 8.  No failures but Spittal different class

2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

For such an important game, that was a hell of a performance from Motherwell! 
  Adam’s is not going to be pleased 😂

He's already slagged off all of Scottish football, his players and his employer. Not sure who has left to be annoyed with.

9 minutes ago, smiddy said:

halliday does a lot of pickpocketing the ball in and around the midfield , and reads the game well

There were posters on here saying Halliday was 'shite' in his first game (and probably still will be). He's got a job to do and he does it well (and has done in every game he's played). Short of fitness yes, but very effective at fulfilling his role.

15 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

He reminds me of Kirk - reads the game , has a great eye for goal, too slow to be a striker but a dangerous player who links play well . 

we should put him on as a sub for all cup games 

I agree but Kirk scored a lot of goals from the midfield back in the day. I think Kirk never got the credit he was due back in the day tbh

Blair is just an excellent all round player. I hope we keep him 

I had my heart set on a one nil shitfest so for us to score 5 good goals,keep a clean sheet and really step up in our biggest game of the season I feel pure cheated 😂.in all seriousness that was a great night's work,it's been a while since ive felt like that walking out of fir park,some of our play was a joy at times.i didnt want halliday but on that showing I was wrong,you can tell hes an experienced player just by the position he takes up,spittal was outstanding,his first goal was quality with the build up included but his second was something else and the through ball for vale was a thing of beauty.we have a tricky game on friday but we couldn't have been going into it with anymore confidence after that so bring it on.

How often do you come home from Fir Park disappointed you didn't win 15-0. 🤣

I think Bair could have got 6 just on his own. 

We seemed to cut through Ross County every time we went forward.  At times we were profligate but we also had some very well taken goals , especially Spittal's efforts.  That's him on 9 for the season with two excellent assists in the last two matches.

Still not 100% convinced by us defensively but that's a rare clean sheet tonight and hopefully we can build on that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

There were posters on here saying Halliday was 'shite' in his first game (and probably still will be). He's got a job to do and he does it well (and has done in every game he's played). Short of fitness yes, but very effective at fulfilling his role.

Halliday does that role that doesn't get noticed much. I think he will be very key to us and I think Nicholson will but can't see where he fits into team

I'm just over the moon for once that I gave my season ticket away to my brother's pal and we won! (Still got a broken nose and two black eyes). My mum doesn't go to games these days apart from cup games but she phoned me to tell me it was four nil then I phoned her to tell her it was five nil. Good times. I actually started crying when i saw on twitter that we were two nil up. That's just me though 

• Like 3

Outstanding performance and best in a long while. 

The movement between sods and bevis is something not normal in spl or motherwell teams but it produced gd results and fair play for kettlewell for trying it.

Spittal and bair are prime examples of not to judge before seeing how they play. Both are really kicking on.

Plus we now have options of bench and also building confidence. 

Friday night is going to be a great old fashioned cup tie with 2 teams full of confidence and gd support behind them. I saw yesterday we had sold 1200 here's hoping that tonight plus sales at end of week can take us to 2k. Really looking forward to it with confidence. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'm just over the moon for once that I gave my season ticket away to my brother's pal and we won! (Still got a broken nose and two black eyes). My mum doesn't go to games these days apart from cup games but she phoned me to tell me it was four nil then I phoned her to tell her it was five nil. Good times. I actually started crying when i saw on twitter that we were two nil up. That's just me though 

aw hen you were obviously greetin cause yir nose n eyes were still sore, no cause you thought we were 2 nil down, as we usually were,   a just hope yir no greetin on friday night, cause a win then and we will win the scottish then pip hertz for 3rd ( just left it to late for 2nd )🤣