Motherwell v Ross County - 06/02/24

MJC

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Hopefully we'll see something of Jack Vale tomorrow. With an intense run of games coming up, we can't rely too much on Bair, irrespective of how well he's been performing. 

He’s a super hero in disguise. He will rescue us all. Or maybe he just reminds me of Buzz Lightyear😳

Missed my first home game in ages on Saturday so I'm actually really looking forward to this.

Ross County losing at home to St Johnstone puts them under a bit more pressure with three away games coming up.  They have only won away once all season way back in September.

For me this is pretty much a must win if we want to put distance between us and the relegation places. We've only lost twice in 10 league matches but we need to start getting 3 points and with the upcoming fixtures this is probably our best chance.

Its unlikely we'll keep a clean sheet so we'll have to bank on scoring 2 at least. To do that, our formation and personnel will have to be tweaked to give us more threat in the final third. On paper, the 2nd easiest home game of the season so if we can't win this? 

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

On paper, the 2nd easiest home game of the season so if we can't win this? 

We all know what paper's worth, but you're right. Plus - back to paper thin predictions - Hibs, Aberdeen, Livi and St Johnstone all have games you wouldn't expect them to win, so 3 points could make it a very good couple of days for us.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:49 AM, bobbybingo said:

Victory won't save us, defeat won't kill us, but still a huge game in this wonky league. Level on points in the play-off place, or 6 points above it and probably 1 point off 6th, for 24 hours at least. 

3-1

Bang on. A win provides some breathing room. A defeat would drag us right into the play-off battle. Neither result would define our season as yet, but it's pretty clear which option we'd all prefer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

A win would be huge cos after that in next 5 games ( Not in order) we have dons...Jambos...gers away.  Sellik home and livi also away .....ZOIKKSSS!!!

Which is why tonight is "must win" regardless of what anyone says. 

One win in nineteen and playing a side below us in the league at home before away games against Aberdeen and Hearts and then at home to Celtic. We won't win any of those games but we can and MUST win tonight.

I hope the players are up for this game tonight. We need them to give more than just effort. For sure we have to match any intensity that county have but we need to produce a good performance on the night. No silly mistakes and take our chances when they come along. Having said that, the bottom line and all that really matters, is 3 points in the bag. COYW!!!

First Post, looking forward to the game and a home win. Be interesting to see how wee line up. Have been reading the forum for a while now and, wow!!!, some of the other posters, are they Motherwell supporters or just doom and gloom merchants. Wouldn't want to be one of their pets, my rear end would be sore getting booted after every game, but right enough some of them post a defeat every week. Wonder if they call there dog Lucky. 

14 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

First Post, looking forward to the game and a home win. Be interesting to see how wee line up. Have been reading the forum for a while now and, wow!!!, some of the other posters, are they Motherwell supporters or just doom and gloom merchants. Wouldn't want to be one of their pets, my rear end would be sore getting booted after every game, but right enough some of them post a defeat every week. Wonder if they call there dog Lucky. 

Welcome to the rollercoaster Dougie!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

A win would be huge cos after that in next 5 games ( Not in order) we have dons...Jambos...gers away.  Sellik home and livi also away .....ZOIKKSSS!!!

Calm doon Shaggy

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A fluke goal, a blatantly offside goal, a deflection, an OG, a soft penalty....it doesn't matter.

Ideal world would be a strong performance and a win tonight and a blatantly offside goal to beat Imrie on Friday.

We have conceded 6 goals against them this season, at Fir Park they were fortunate with the handball which led to Brophy scoring but the less said about the half arsed attempt to stop both Murray and Loturi at there goals the better, prob best not even mentioning the trip to Dingwall. I feel we have improved quite a bit over the last month but we continually shoot ourselves in the foot.

County have been on a poor run, no wins in 8 with the last victory coming against us. If we a serious about getting out of this mess then we need to get the three point tonight, not only would we be six points ahead of them, but they have one game in hand next week against Rangers which you would expect them to lose.

It's weird to think that a win could have us sitting a point off of 6th place.

Tonights Wishlist but I suppose the win is the main thing.

Don't concede from first shot on target
Don't concede from set piece
Cleansheet
Three Points

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

The bizarre thing we have only lost 2 of last 10 league games but 7 been draws.  Really need a win and would be great to see another Adams full time moan

Exactly, we really need to turn those draws into wins. We fully deserved the three points against Hibs, St Johnstone and Killie but that's kind of been the story of our season where we have lacked that bit of quality to get us over the line. Here's hoping tonight under the lights provides us with a precious victory.

• Thanks 1