Motherwell v Ross County - 06/02/24

MJC

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Sportscene time .....need to suffer Gers first

Adams interview on the BBC website, watch that instead of the h**s game. He'll be away tomorrow........

31 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Special mention to Davor for running three hundred thousand miles and covering every blade of grass tonight.

So it's him that fecked our pitch then?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Sportscene time .....need to suffer Gers first

And the Warnock love-in. I've nothing against the man, but I don't think he's hilarious just because he speaks with a Yorkshire accent, says words like "muck" and shouts at refs.

2 hours ago, punk_in_drublic said:

Good result. In truth could’ve (and arguably should’ve) been about 7-0, some right glaring opportunities passed up. But, brilliant performance and result nonetheless. 

Yes - and 2 of the most glaring never even made into the highlights reel (unless I dozed off).

9 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Spittal has always been solid for us. I feel the same about Slattery. And I'm an unashamed Kettlewell Stan this evening. I've always rated him even through the shit times 

What was that quote I mentioned  3 or 4 teams would love Spittal at their club,maybe add another couple to that list.

Sat down there to watch the highlights I’d recorded only to find out the time had changed and I’d recorded a guy strolling around Skye, no problems I thought, will get it on iPlayer but it’s not there - anyone any idea when it should be there? I always thought it was after the programme had finished.

edit: game now on iPlayer at 10:30 

• Haha 1

What a dream that was,   we pumped Ross Co 5-0 but should have been double that if the Bair took his chances.  Spittal had 2 great assists and 2 cracking goals.  The forum was a happy place with everyone smiling.

Ahhh if only that was true...............wait a minute!!!.......😜😜

A huge result and very entertaining performance. It could easily have been 8 or 9. It was a real all round team effort. Good to see Vale get his first goal on his debut. He does look to have some pace. Nicholson also caught my eye - much more to come from him. What can you say about Blair Spittal?

More of this please!

2 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Yes - and 2 of the most glaring never even made into the highlights reel (unless I dozed off).

You didn’t, if it was the BBC highlights. Despite being much shorter, the Sky highlights managed to include more actual highlights, including the best angle of Blair’s first goal.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13065721/motherwell-5-0-ross-county-scottish-premiership-highlights

Still see folk elsewhere mumping about Bair missing chances. True, he did, but the main criticism of him earlier in the season - if I remember correctly - was he didn't get into the right positions to get chances.

Looks like they've been working on that successfully, and I think he's shown he'll get more goals if he keeps working on his finishing.

5 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Still see folk elsewhere mumping about Bair missing chances. True, he did, but the main criticism of him earlier in the season - if I remember correctly - was he didn't get into the right positions to get chances.

Looks like they've been working on that successfully, and I think he's shown he'll get more goals if he keeps working on his finishing.

For me he only missed 1 chance in that he didn’t hit the target (the one in 2nd half where he lifted it over the keeper but past the post) the 2 in the 1st half he hit the target and keeper did what he’s paid for and made good saves. Sometimes you’ve got to give credit where it’s due.

6 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

For me he only missed 1 chance in that he didn’t hit the target (the one in 2nd half where he lifted it over the keeper but past the post) the 2 in the 1st half he hit the target and keeper did what he’s paid for and made good saves. Sometimes you’ve got to give credit where it’s due.

I wonder if the folk who still say he's no good are actually watching games to see what he brings to the team, or if they're just running with what they were told when we signed him. 

34 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I wonder if the folk who still say he's no good are actually watching games to see what he brings to the team, or if they're just running with what they were told when we signed him. 

Spot on.

Seeing the highlights that first one was an outstanding save by the gk who technically did everything right, stayed big, and brilliant reactions to save with outstretched left foot.

The very best strikers miss chances, more worried if he wasn't in these positions, the Killie one was the most important and he scored!

For sure he'll miss more in the future as will any striker, but playing as he has last 3 games he'll do for me

36 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I thought he was brutal when we signed him, not up to standard, but his improvement has been fantastic that's him up to 8 goals now I think. That said he's still work in progress and that showed in the chances he missed last night, particularly the 2nd one when he failed to take it round the keeper.

He needs to improve his positional play to get on the end of some of the balls into the box, but if he carries on developing we may just have unearthed a good player.

If we had drawn last night the criticism would have been worse .  He is however getting the chances and even had confidence for penalty.  Sadly he isn't a penalty box striker and doesn't react to the countless crosses Gent fires in.

However the big man has come on leaps and bounds and you can see the fans responding to him