The Pitch

sailor_h

1 minute ago, sailor_h said:

The pitch is utterly ridiculous for the amount of money that has been spent on it. There hasn’t been that many games played on it this winter. This time last year the pitch was perfect. Is the new groundsman not up to the job?

What's up with the pitch to make it ridiculous? It looked OK to me on Saturday 

13 minutes ago, sailor_h said:

The pitch is utterly ridiculous for the amount of money that has been spent on it. There hasn’t been that many games played on it this winter. This time last year the pitch was perfect. Is the new groundsman not up to the job?

Where’s the added commercial revenues that burrows stated we would get when it was laid?

had hoped we would all be able to get a kick about on it with our mates on a thurs night (for a fee of course) 😂

Pitch not looking as good at moment but I genuinely think this is down to the cold weather a few weeks back.  Once into milder weather it should be back to usual state.  We don't have a home game till Sunday 25th Feb so let's see how it looks then.

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Pitch not looking as good at moment but I genuinely think this is down to the cold weather a few weeks back.  Once into milder weather it should be back to usual state.  We don't have a home game till Sunday 25th Feb so let's see how it looks then.

And before anyone comments yes I forgot about tomorrow night!! 😜😜

1 hour ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Pitch looked better before we spunked £1m on it. Glorious failure of use of funds for me 

So you would have kept the old pitch then, the one that was looking more like a section of the somme battlefield every season, that was a glorious failure as well.

Pitch looked better before we spunked £1m on it. Glorious failure of use of funds for me 

Seeing as you seem to know everything that's happening within the club you'll know about the issues over the main drainage and how much it was going to cost to fix it and the ongoing maintenance costs before deciding on the current set up.

You'll also know who was responsible for the extra work that was required this year to get our safety certificate.

20 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

So you would have kept the old pitch then, the one that was looking more like a section of the somme battlefield every season, that was a glorious failure as well.

The old pitch looked awful. 

17 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The same one as you, stop being dramatic " blooming shocking" there was feck all wrong with it.

You're miles out here. The pitch looked very poor, definitely not up to the standard at this time of the year in the recent past. Mind you "bounce games" on it during the incelement weather recently can't have helped it.

The pitch has recently looked far worse than in previous years following the significant investment, but, as others have noted, I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for this beyond the new groundsman being shit.

2 hours ago, santheman said:

Seeing as you seem to know everything that's happening within the club you'll know about the issues over the main drainage and how much it was going to cost to fix it and the ongoing maintenance costs before deciding on the current set up.

You'll also know who was responsible for the extra work that was required this year to get our safety certificate.

I do yes. Do I believe it merited £1m (as quoted) to be spent on it. No not particularly. Do I agree in the timing of that spend , no not particularly

do i believe the money could have been otherwise spend better elsewhere . Yes I do

by your response I presume your are defending that spend and have inside knowledge that it merited the spend and was the appropriate time to spend that cash?  I also presume you agreed with the perceived added commerical revenues that were planned from the pitch that we are yet to see?

all about opinions my friend and if that’s your own stance  then we just hold a different opinion  

I have to agree the pitch did not look up to its usual standard. As mentioned by previous poster it may be due to under soil heating being used, I don’t know. Not sure that grass will grow back during Feb/March? 
we have around 7 to 9 games left then it can rest and recover and we’ll see how it looks next season. 

I do yes. Do I believe it merited £1m (as quoted) to be spent on it. No not particularly. Do I agree in the timing of that spend , no not particularly

do i believe the money could have been otherwise spend better elsewhere . Yes I do

by your response I presume your are defending that spend and have inside knowledge that it merited the spend and was the appropriate time to spend that cash?  I also presume you agreed with the perceived added commerical revenues that were planned from the pitch that we are yet to see?

all about opinions my friend and if that’s your own stance  then we just hold a different opinion  

Never believed that there would be any commercial benefits from it unless we were going to host concerts or Christian conventions a la St Johnstone

I do believe it was the best decision to use the covid loan money to upgrade it as the annual maintenance costs will be roughly half of what it would have been had we kept the original pitch.

Include the money it would have cost to fix the main drain issue which could have continued and cost even more money down the line then imo it made commercial sense.

As you say, all about opinions and being able to debate and disagree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

It was the best pitch in the league by far. 

Right now is the worst it's looked in over a decade.

2 hours ago, santheman said:

I do believe it was the best decision to use the covid loan money to upgrade it as the annual maintenance costs will be roughly half of what it would have been had we kept the original pitch.

According to Burrows.......