2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

29 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

A stupid appointment in the 1st place, he's left them in a worse position league wise than when he took over, the Cormack and Burrows dream team are doing well.

Burrows might be looking for a CEO opening soon.....

28 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Burrows might be looking for a CEO opening soon.....

Aye Aberdeen don’t put up with failure for any length of time.

5 hours ago, MJC said:

It would be the most ‘Motherwell’ thing ever if we follow up a win against Rangers at Ibrox with a home defeat to a struggling Aberdeen next week.

Or, indeed, almost any other team in the Premiership given the well understood psychology of the game,

52 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Not struggling now they got mojo back beating a good Killie side. 

Killie were god awful today, it was a cup tie, Aberdeen's interim manager's just walked and they may or may not have a new guy in charge by the time we play them. I wouldn't take too much from today. The pressure's back on them midweek, so we'll see how they handle that.

I'd be wary of someone who left Morton and couldn't find another club, so returned to Morton.

Maybe he's young and a development fee would have been required, but that doesn't usually stop teams if the player is good. It's the same with Milne at partick, I wonder why no premier club has come in for him.

It would be nice though if we signed a couple of permanent full backs.

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

Anyone else think we should take a punt on Morton left back Strapp 

Been impressed anytime I’ve seen him 

Looked a bit of a cheat at times v Hearts. So no thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

My feelings exactly. We can now move on. 

This would have been best kept quiet though. 

You can understand why the buyers want it out there, but yeah, it's not a great situation for us or Spittal. At least we won't be playing them again, barring a minor miracle.

1 hour ago, TheoBair14 said:

Massive player to loose at the club 

Is Ross Tierney taking a place back in first team next season? 

But not unexpected. At all. Some folk didn't rate Spittal even at the beginning of the season 

48 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Another 5 knocked back terms…..

Im really not a fan of all this I know something you don't know stuff. Pretty sure Casey was very late to commit to us last season. Just because folk night might have said no right now doesn't mean they won't re consider 

Staying up matters to me more right now than who is staying or going.  This stuff shouldn't be getting leaked onto fans forums as far as I'm concerned. It hurts the club particularly as we aren't yet safe from relegation.. 

And anyone connected with the club who is leaking this info... They are an arse as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Would we die in a ditch over any of the 5? Only Paul McGinn and Sam Nicholson possibly?

Mcginn I'd certainly want to keep. nicholson ? Done some wee bits but plenty like him out there so definitely no loss in losing him.

Spittal to hearts is a big loss obviously but what I hope it shows is our best players get moves that increase their wages drastically. 

Can help with transfers to us with players from lesser teams.