2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Biereth and Spencer don't send out positive messages to potential targets? Loans are like any other signing, some work, some don't. What were this guy's personal reasons?

Hopefully not but it could be a family illness / bereavement or any number of personal issues that take priority over football and living away from home all of which are no concern of ours.

So whatever it is I hope it works out well for him.

6 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Hopefully not but it could be a family illness / bereavement or any number of personal issues that take priority over football and living away from home all of which are no concern of ours.

So whatever it is I hope it works out well for him.

Exactly. Whatever it is, we don't know and possibly shouldn't know. 

17 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Biereth and Spencer don't send out positive messages to potential targets? Loans are like any other signing, some work, some don't. What were this guy's personal reasons?

God I forgot about Spencer! Another ‘season long loan’ that didn’t last the season. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Jili Buyabu has returned to his parent club for “personal reasons”.

What the actual fuck is going on with our club and recruitment strategy?? This season alone we have our best player suddenly recalled in January then sent elsewhere on loan, we loan in Oli Shaw, cancel his loan then re-loan him and now this boy’s loan is cancelled less than a month in.

Absolute clusterfuck.

Unbelievable that we allow this person to post verbal pish on this forum. We don't know why the lad wanted to move home, but in he comes wirh his usual nonsense!!!!!!. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

God I forgot about Spencer! Another ‘season long loan’ that didn’t last the season. 

Yes, him being capped while playing for us obviouly persuaded his parent club that we were a complete clusterfuck amateur shambles with no CEO and a manager totally out of his depth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Jili Buyabu has returned to his parent club for “personal reasons”.

What the actual fuck is going on with our club and recruitment strategy?? This season alone we have our best player suddenly recalled in January then sent elsewhere on loan, we loan in Oli Shaw, cancel his loan then re-loan him and now this boy’s loan is cancelled less than a month in.

Absolute clusterfuck.

Give yersel peace...we have no idea why the young guy wants back home...could be any number of things and nothing to do with the Club.

Arsenal recalled THEIR player and stuck him out to a bigger club...shit happens

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Give yersel peace...we have no idea why the young guy wants back home...could be any number of things and nothing to do with the Club.

Arsenal recalled THEIR player and stuck him out to a bigger club...shit happens

It certainly does, and it’s happened to us a good few times this season with loan deals. Two recalled half way through their ‘season long deals’ another one cancelled and then re-loaned and now this one. Regardless of the reasons behind all of the above it doesn’t put our transfer business and in particular our loan deals this season in a good light at all. 

47 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Unbelievable that we allow this person to post verbal pish on this forum. We don't know why the lad wanted to move home, but in he comes wirh his usual nonsense!!!!!!. 

The Drama queen of SO, but I agree, his takes are becoming more and more unhinged.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Verbal pish? Well I’m hardly going to post physical pish on an internet forum am I? 🤷‍♂️

As I’ve already said I don’t know why the player returned home or what his personal reasons were. I don’t need to know and I don’t want to know, it’s none of my business. But what is my business is what happens with the club I support and invest a great deal of time, effort and money following. And our transfers this season have been dreadful and our loan deals have “generally not worked out” to put it as politely as I possibly can. 

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

It certainly does, and it’s happened to us a good few times this season with loan deals. Two recalled half way through their ‘season long deals’ another one cancelled and then re-loaned and now this one. Regardless of the reasons behind all of the above it doesn’t put our transfer business and in particular our loan deals this season in a good light at all. 

Only if you love being dramatic and constantly want to find faults?

Spencer and Biereth being recalled can be spun in a positive sense...they've come up here done well and their parent club wants them back to further their own wishes for the player.

Absolutely nobody in the footballing world will reconsider sending us a player because a young guy fae Sheffield wanted back down the road for personal reasons

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Only if you love being dramatic and constantly want to find faults?

Spencer and Biereth being recalled can be spun in a positive sense...they've come up here done well and their parent club wants them back to further their own wishes for the player.

Absolutely nobody in the footballing world will reconsider sending us a player because a young guy fae Sheffield wanted back down the road for personal reasons

I didn’t actually say that nobody in the footballing world will reconsider sending a player on loan because a young guy fae Sheffield wanted back down the road for personal reasons though did I? I said that our track record with loan signings this season might make clubs think twice about sending us players in the future. After all they don’t know the reasons why these loan deals didn’t work out or last as long as they were initially agreed for. But of course, then again they might not think that. That’s just my opinion which is what the forum is for.

I’m not going to say anymore on this subject because we’re going round in circles now. You’ve read my views and that’s that. 

Have a nice evening. :)

22 minutes ago, MJC said:

Verbal pish? Well I’m hardly going to post physical pish on an internet forum am I? 🤷‍♂️

As I’ve already said I don’t know why the player returned home or what his personal reasons were. I don’t need to know and I don’t want to know, it’s none of my business. But what is my business is what happens with the club I support and invest a great deal of time, effort and money following. And our transfers this season have been dreadful and our loan deals have “generally not worked out” to put it as politely as I possibly can. 

Biereth and Spencer both played most games and contributed during their time here. Their parent clubs saw enough improvement to recall them, so it seems everyone got something positive out of it. The problem of successful 'season long' loans being ended early is another issue that needs to be looked at, but it's certainly not one specific to Motherwell.

Gent surely has to be seen as a success. Vale and Devine have started well enough to suggest they've been worthwhile signings. Halliday will become permanent in the summer, so he isn't a loanee in the true sense.

Montgomery's injury was very unfortunate for him and us, but the same thing could've happened if we'd signed him on a 5 year deal.

Shaw has certainly been a poor signing up till now and that may very well continue. Buyabu coming here has been a waste of time for all parties.

Overall, I'd say our loan signings have generally worked out ok.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well we know you can't post physical pish, but by god you make a career on this forum posting it. The players you mentioned have moved on, 1 to Europe and the other 2 his teams first 11. You really need to have a break from posting on this forum. Bybgod you mustn't get much sleep!!!!!.

Ps that'll be the club, you post will lose every game and get relegated, honestly you need to move elsewhere.!!!!!. 

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Yes of course and no harm to the player, it’s clearly not worked out for whatever reason but for us as a club our loan deals this season have been a shambles, as has our entire transfer strategy in all honestly. It certainly doesn’t send out a positive message to any potential loan signing targets in the future. 

Some truth in that to be fair. Our loan dealings could have been worse but have not been great and hopefully the club will learn from that.  This latest failure, may not send out positive messages to potential employers of Buyabu - who knows?

The term "personal reasons" could mean almost anything and may be a euphemism. 

As I wrote before the club's statement was very terse; some might even say rude. The absence of a simple thank you is striking.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

That's a great comeback ..I'm not going to post physical pish ..that's funny, that is

2 hours ago, Wee Dougie said:

Unbelievable that we allow this person to post verbal pish on this forum.

42 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

honestly you need to move elsewhere.!!!!!. 

I gotta say for a guy with 42 posts it's extremely unfair for you to insinuate he should be banned or we shouldn't "allow" (😄) him to post here.

I disagree with a lot of what he says, including this instance, but I also agree with much of what he has had to say about our torrid season, Kettlewell's abysmal record, the small mind mentality vs the OF and the pish on Twitter about "welcome to our wee club", among other things.

Just because he can be very negative and sometimes quite dramatic doesn't mean he shouldn't have the right to post his views, and he's been doing it a lot longer than you have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I gotta say for a guy with 42 posts it's extremely unfair for you to insinuate he should be banned or we shouldn't "allow" (😄) him to post here.

I disagree with a lot of what he says, including this instance, but I also agree with much of what he has had to say about our torrid season, Kettlewell's abysmal record, the small mind mentality vs the OF and the pish on Twitter about "welcome to our wee club", among other things.

Just because he can be very negative and sometimes quite dramatic doesn't mean he shouldn't have the right to post his views, and he's been doing it a lot longer than you have.

The number of posts I have made is irrelevant, as stated, I have been looking on this website for sometime before posting. But nice to see he likes your post. 😂