2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

37 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Surely when we are attacking, the opposition defence will part and give him a clear run on goal. 

Could we not just welcome him to Motherwell and leave it at that ? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Wee Dougie said:

Calm down, its only a play on words. He's going to lead us to the promised land(Top 6)😁

I'm not particularly talking about your post. It was the Nigerian investor one that I thought was inappropriate 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'm not particularly talking about your post. It was the Nigerian investor one that I thought was inappropriate 

That was aimed at our Board's investment strategy rather than him, but I removed it anyway.

Just now, weeyin said:

That was aimed at our Board's investment strategy rather than him, but I removed it anyway.

I get that now youve explained it. It just read a bit differently at first glance. No more than that 

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Could people not just welcome the player to the club?

You do realise that the comment was very tounge in cheek and a bit of sarcastic banter, as a bit of a change from all the dubious biblical themed attempts at humour. Or should hello moses welcome to the promised land of Fir park be the standard greeting?

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

You do realise that the comment was very tounge in cheek and a bit of sarcastic banter, as a bit of a change from all the dubious biblical themed attempts at humour. Or should hello moses welcome to the promised land of Fir park be the standard greeting?

I'm not going to discuss this publicly if that's ok

I've had stuff posted at me on here that is the furthest thing from sarcastic banter. And it's still up .. because no one cares enough to remove it. Even after I reported it. And I very rarely report anyone. 

Nothing to do with weeyin . Just want to clarify that 

15 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Joined December 9, 2008

You've been here long enough.

Well I won't be staying if you think it's ok that someone makes public mental health slurs at me on here and tells me to get off the boards after I lost a relative to suicide because of their mental health. 

Dont you worry about that. That post touched a very raw nerve for so many reasons. It embarrassed me when I was already struggling 

Your report was marked complete on Feb 27 . Nobody laughed. From the log I read it was marked completed, I assume that would mean any offensive content had been removed. The guys who moderate do a damn fine job.

I'll find Yodo and make sure he's sent to bed with no tea. 

Well I won't be staying if you think it's ok that someone makes public mental health slurs at me on here and tells me to get off the boards after I lost a relative to suicide because of their mental health. 

Where do you get the idea I think it's ok? This place is not my job, it's a hobby, a pass time, and takes up more than enough of everyone who helps to run the place's time. Stay or go, your choice.

47 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Your report was marked complete on Feb 27 . Nobody laughed. From the log I read it was marked completed, I assume that would mean any offensive content had been removed. The guys who moderate do a damn fine job.

I'll find Yodo and make sure he's sent to bed with no tea. 

Where do you get the idea I think it's ok? This place is not my job, it's a hobby, a pass time, and takes up more than enough of everyone who helps to run the place's time. Stay or go, your choice.

It's completely fine. Im not on here to give anyone a tough time. And its also no issue if i stay or go. Its irrelevant. Ive just had enough. I didn't come on here to be anyone's emotional punch bag. He crossed a line and that's it. I dont want to share a forum with someone like that. That's the end of it. Mental health slurs are where I draw the line 

Thank you. Good night. I appreciate you responding to me. Genuinely. p. X

5 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

It wasn't removed. It's still there. I completely get that it's your hobby and you don't get paid for doing this I absolutely get the job that you do. It's just hard when stuff like that is posted up and like I said. It upset me I think for very good reason. That post just touched a very raw nerve. 

It's completely fine. Im not on here to give anyone a tough time. And its also no issue if i stay or go. Its irrelevant. 

Thank you. Good night 

I think you'll find the post was edited.

The club did not get rid of Alexander he approached the board after one of the worst results in the clubs history and asked to be released . I think u should take a break from the forum as u seem to take everything personal 

Maybe you were too upset to see that?

I assume all of you making the biblical jokes don't know that Moses led the Israelites aimlessly round the desert for 40 years and then died when the promised land was within eyesight. :whistling:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grumpy said:

I assume all of you making the biblical jokes don't know that Moses led the Israelites aimlessly round the desert for 40 years and then died when the promised land was within eyesight. :whistling:

38 years in the top flight, So we have another 2 or 3 seasons in the premiership then we'll be within 3 mins of injury time to win the title and make the champions league before we fail. 🤔

21 minutes ago, grumpy said:

Sounds like Steven Gerrard.

• Haha 1

Enough of the biblical banter folks, and I include myself in that rermark! Back to serious discussion. An unexpected odd but interesting signing. I wonder iof this is where the Obileye PCA rumour originated? As Melvin says, I hope so. In te short term it'll give us more srtiking options. He's 6-1, so no wallflower I assume. If rumours are to be beleived he's a bit of a poacher; a type of player we don't have on the books. A deal until summer next year will give us an chance to fully assess him.  If he's been with us for a few weeks, I assume that we know a little about him. 

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Enough of the biblical banter folks, and I include myself in that rermark! Back to serious discussion. An unexpected odd but interesting signing. I wonder iof this is where the Obileye PCA rumour originated? As Melvin says, I hope so. In te short term it'll give us more srtiking options. He's 6-1, so no wallflower I assume. If rumours are to be beleived he's a bit of a poacher; a type of player we don't have on the books. A deal until summer next year will give us an chance to fully assess him.  If he's been with us for a few weeks, I assume that we know a little about him. 

Sorry, must be missing something. What's the connection between this chap and Obileye at Livi?

He looks an exciting prospect though. Most of the goals in the video seemed to involve horrendous goalkeeping so he should do well in the SPL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Looking at some of the clips of him he will thrive on crosses from Gent