2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 minute ago, Big Stall said:

Andy Halliday and Davey Cooper in the same sentence

top bantz 🤣🤣🤣

Don't think you are getting the point. The point was being made that we shouldnt sign players over 30. And the point I made was then why did we sign Cooper and Coyne.  You show me where I was comparing them. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

I can only assume all the happy clapping has affected your judgment because he (and many others) was rotten today and hasn't shown anything positive since joining to suggest he isn't anything other than a pointless signing so far. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

You seriously can't deal with a difference of opinion without getting personal. No matter how many times people point it out to you. I've been watching Motherwell since 1987 and what you can do is stick your snide opinions up your backside. It's your way or the highway and I've had enough of it. Hth

Your lack of self-awareness is staggering. 

I hope you have a good night antagonising people. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

As is yours. You spend your time on here dictating to people what they should think about Motherwell. And I wont spend my night antagonising people. Can't have a difference of opinion eh? You spend your entire time on here closing people down. Hth. 

Thank you for confirming my previous response. 

17 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Don't think you are getting the point. The point was being made that we shouldnt sign players over 30. And the point I made was then why did we sign Cooper and Coyne.  You show me where I was comparing them. 

Again where did I say we shouldn't sign players in there 30s?

5 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

You just want people to agree with you. That's fine. No point in debate then is there. You got personal. Now off you go

If you can't see that what you accuse people of here is exactly what you practice then I don't know what to say anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

You made a post mentioning players in their 30s. Like Halliday 

The point was moving players on that have struggled for fitness,halliday,butcher and obika, there best days are behind them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

You go through my previous posts and see where I've ever insulted you personally . I think you'll be waiting a long time. A very long time. But I'll tell you something. No wonder people don't post on here any more. You get closed down if you don't hate Kettlewell. And that is the truth 

Take your sanctimony and victim complex elsewhere. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not a game on which to judge Halliday. He looked nowhere near fit and it was unfair to leave him on the park for so long. 

whats he been doing these last 2 weeks if he wasnt  em    getting fit ?

58 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Aye he was a bit pish today, contributed feck all, surprised SK left him on the park so long tbh.

I don't believe for a minute that Halliday isn't match fit. He might have had a below par game but so do lots of players and it doesn't mean he's lacking in fitness. 

22 minutes ago, smiddy said:

whats he been doing these last 2 weeks if he wasnt  em    getting fit ?

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. It looked as though he was carrying an injury. He should have been taken off at half time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

I'm not against signing older players. I just think we sign older players with injury issues far too often. Ideally we sign a couple younger players and move them on for a free

I don't think we signed Halliday with injury issues. He's also 32. Which isn't that old for a footballer. He's four years older than Spittal for context 

When signing players in their 30's they need to be of a quality that we wouldn't have been able to afford in their prime. 

The issue for Halliday, Nicholson (who's 29) I think is the Jan window. Players who are kicking on a bit, not played much football , carrying niggling injuries take time to get up to speed and unlikely to be at their best until next season.  

When we run as tight as squad size as we have, having several players in their twilight is risky and if we continue with a small squad we need to balance the quality/quantity/risk better than we have this season.  

If, as Wee Dougie suggests on another thread, Bevis Mugabi will leave at the end of the season then the central defence will require major surgery.  Rightly so in my view. Its been our achilles heel this season and cost us a shedload of points. So:

Mugabi - leaves

Lamie - off to Dundee

Casey - one more year

McGinn?

Blaney - one more year but maybe out of favour?

Butcher - time is up.

In my view we need a dominant centre half and a leader.

• Like 1