2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

18 hours ago, wellgirl said:

We need to find a team of Theo Bairs 🤣 not suggesting Theo isn't quality, the opposite. Actually depending on how the investment talks go we might have some more money to spend (or possibly not if the offer isn't suitable). 

I could be wrong. But I dont think any prospective investment money will be going straight into the transfer budget. My understanding is that we need the extra investment to underwrite our financial security going forward.

That might leave a little wriggle room in terms of players but I dont think we are suddenly going to start signing players previously out of our price range. 

We still need to spend wisely and get maximum "bang for our buck"

1 hour ago, wellup83 said:

I sincerely hope any talk of us signing Joe Lewis is quashed sooner rather than later. That guy is the worst goalkeeper I've seen play against us in my lifetime. I don't remember seeing a goalkeeper make so many successive blunders against us as he has.

My brother said he was rotten when he was at Aberdeen 

Joe Lewis makes as much sense as the Stefan Scougall rumour did. Why would we be after a 36 year old who - unless I've missed something - hasn't played for a year and was never that good in the first place?

10 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Watching the playoff final, RC are crusing it, but if Simon Murray is available we should be after him, 22 goals this season now.

Do you think he'll be wanting a move elsewhere if they stay up?

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

Do you think he'll be wanting a move elsewhere if they stay up?

If he's available then as always it's down to the player, his family, cash on offer etc but if you don't ask you don't get.

31 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

I can see why we'd be interested in Dylan Easton - been tidy with the ball so far, but jeez his physique puts him in the Dougie Imrie doppleganger category. 😀

He's fine with the ball at his feet but does tend to blow hot and cold as any Raith fans will tell you. His first start in 7 today. 

40 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

If he's available then as always it's down to the player, his family, cash on offer etc but if you don't ask you don't get.

Rumours that he's Dundee bound.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Watching the playoff final, RC are crusing it, but if Simon Murray is available we should be after him, 22 goals this season now.

Went for him when he was at Queens and couldn’t compete with RC, he’s off to Hibs/Hearts from what I’m told 

7 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

He's fine with the ball at his feet but does tend to blow hot and cold as any Raith fans will tell you. His first start in 7 today. 

I think that's partly down to him telling management/the club that he was offski, even if they did get promoted?

Is Simon Murray out of contract? County paid a transfer fee to Queen's Park only a year and a half ago so you would think he would be on a longer deal. He's a player that never really impressed me while at Hibs or Dundee United but was done well down the leagues with the likes of Arbroath but at 32 he has just enjoyed his best season in the top tier.

The Joe Lewis rumour originated from Pie and Bovril as did the one about Obileye signing away back in the January transfer window. 

Dylan Easton rumours discussed and largely confirmed on Raith P & B thread.

You'd imagine PCAs will start to be confirmed after the end of the month. Transfer window opens on 14 June. 

35 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

You'd imagine PCAs will start to be confirmed after the end of the month. Transfer window opens on 14 June. 

To be fair Easton looked ok in the playoff game yesterday, Raith were brutal but he was the standout.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

confirmed he's coming here or just confirming he's leaving Raith ?

I have a list of players i would like to see us at least attempt to sign for the club this off season (some more realistic than others) but would like to get your thoughts on them

Gk - luke southwood (released by cheltenham)

rb - Jack Mcmillan (out of contract with partick)

Lb - Callum Mcfadzean (released by wrexham)

Lb - Nicky Cadden (contract expired at barnsley)

Cb - shaun hutchison (aware this is a long shot but has just been released by millwall)

Cb - Charles Dunne (out of contract at st mirren and was a fan favourite for some when he played for us)

Cb - Jason Kerr (avaliable on free from wigan

Cb Liam Gordon (avaliable on free from st johnstone)

CAM - Chris mochrie or declan glass (both released by dundee united and think id prefer them over Easton)

CAM- Stevie Mallan ( avaliable on a free from Salford)

St - Bruce Anderson (avaliable on a free from livi)

St - Robbie Ure ( out of contract at anderlecht)

St - Jack Harper (avaliable on a free from Marbella)

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

It's not official until he's allegedly spotted buying his lunch at upper crust.

But surely we can start saying that he's shite and a wage thief already?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

But surely we can start saying that he's shite and a wage thief already?

I'm sure the usual suspects will be preparing their  posts as we speak just in case 🤫

On 5/25/2024 at 8:24 AM, wellgirl said:

I personally think offering Butcher terms was the decent thing to do - not expecting many people to agree with me.

With all the doomsday hints we've been drip fed about our finances these past few months I'm not sure we should be even pretending to do the decent thing. This is a business, and as such we shouldn't be offering to waste money on players who aren't likely to be in the managers plans.

On 5/25/2024 at 9:03 AM, joewarkfanclub said:

If the rumours about Joe Lewis are true, then it may well be that Oxborough is no.1 with Lewis in a back up role?

The idea of the guy who couldn't get a look-in when Kelly was having his worst season being our new number one gives me the fear. 

But I think you could be right.

On 5/25/2024 at 11:31 AM, dennyc said:

Or maybe it's as simple as retain them if they take a wage cut. And so reduce the wage bill overall. Finance ahead of quality which may well be a line SK has had to go along with. As well as referring to a Takeover, Caldwell also stated we cannot continue making losses each season. His words, not mine. (before Steelboy tells me we have millions in the Bank.)

Which is exactly why we can't be offering deals to guys simply because it's the decent thing to do, as has been discussed on here already. We need to start becoming more ruthless in that regard.

I wonder how any new investor would feel about that? Looking over the books and asks why a player who is hardly fit and never plays is offered a new deal, only to be told it was "the decent thing to do."

• Like 1