Hearts v Motherwell 17/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

If Spittal wasn’t injured today then serious questions need to be asked of Kettlewell and his selection. We had absolutely nothing about us today.

Two league wins in over twenty games now is absolutely shocking.

And with Celtic dropping points to Killie today that means they will be even more likely to scud us next week as they bounce back.

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Our forum no doubt will have loads of moans tonight but the sellik one should be even better!! Hopefully we can add more pressure on Rodgers next week 

Some of our fans never ever learn. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

If Spittal wasn’t injured today then serious questions need to be asked of Kettlewell and his selection. We had absolutely nothing about us today.

Two league wins in over twenty games now is absolutely shocking.

And with Celtic dropping points to Killie today that means they will be even more likely to scud us next week as they bounce back.

Why would you think he left Spittal out of the squad if there wasn't a problem?

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Why would you think he left Spittal out of the squad if there wasn't a problem?

Someone said he was ‘rested’ today. I don’t know if that’s the case or not but if it is then it’s unacceptable.

Just now, MJC said:

Someone said he was ‘rested’ today. I don’t know if that’s the case or not but if it is then it’s unacceptable.

I would seriously doubt he was rested. If that was case he would be on bench.  I think simple case he was injured 

13 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I thought we were doing fine but giving them the goal from the free kick killed it. One moment loosing concentration. You can’t let Shankland run onto a free header like that. 

And with a forehead that size his chances of missing are pretty slim 😂

• Haha 1

I didn't see the first half and only saw the 2nd half on an infuriatingly choppy stream, but from what I saw we looked like we were competing, just once again lacking anything in the final third, and undone by an avoidable set piece. Disappointing as it would've been a great point.

Bair has been great, but Vale is untested and Obika is extremely ineffective. The fact that these are our striking options along with an injured Oli Shaw and young Ferrie is just unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I would seriously doubt he was rested. If that was case he would be on bench.  I think simple case he was injured 

You think/hope that that’s the reason for him missing. That’s what I assumed when I heard he was out altogether but a post on here suggested he was being rested. I don’t know that posters source I’m just going by what was said.

34 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Miller shitting the bed when clean through the defining moment for us today. 

Bit strong, I think inexperienced would be closer. Not the best shot but not the worst we will see this weekend.
I think a more experienced guy would have taken a touch, got in front of the defender and drawn a penalty. 

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yes, he was injured; touch and go with a knee injury.  A huge loss to our midfield which severely dented our attacking potential. A lot to ask of Paton.  I assume that Buyabu wasn't trusted today? 

Given the circumstances, not the worst result in the world today. With our defence, a 2 goal loss at Tynecastle isn't worth losing sleep over. For us, this weekend's results were all about other teams and not us. More importantly, Ross County lost, although it would have been nice to see St Mirren win for once. A big game for us tomorrow in Perth.

We'll have to fulfill next weekend's fixture of course but the next big game is at Livingston.

I never like losing but today's defeat is of little consequence in the great scheme of things.