New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

The rumour going about is that they only want to put in £300,000 a year for five years and are talking about bringing in more investors later.

Society members would need to be stupid to vote for that. Any credible buyer would pay what the club is worth. 

It also has to be questioned why the Society are still fundraising when this is moving forward.

10 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The rumour going about is that they only want to put in £300,000 a year for five years and are talking about bringing in more investors later.

Society members would need to be stupid to vote for that. Any credible buyer would pay what the club is worth. 

It also has to be questioned why the Society are still fundraising when this is moving forward.

if they are not wanting a majority control its surely £300,000 a year we currently don't get. Certainly for that level of investment I wouldn't expect much control to be ceded to them.

12 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It also has to be questioned why the Society are still fundraising when this is moving forward

Less money in less risk if things don't work 

5 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

A nothing statement on nothing confirmed.

Its arguable McMahon is determined to make it look like his wee video worked wonders rather than putting the club first.

Until we have firm details and know exactly what the club is putting up in return for the investment it's all speculative nonsense.

I thought the video was amateurish and cringeworthy but if it does bring in extra investment under terms the club and WS members can work with then you can't argue with it, so time will tell.

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

if they are not wanting a majority control its surely £300,000 a year we currently don't get. Certainly for that level of investment I wouldn't expect much control to be ceded to them.

That's my understanding, how much control for that figure? If it's something minimal, is there a great risk? We cant really afford to not consider 300k.

5 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

The rumour is they want majority control but it happens gradually over a few years. Which to me means they want access to the Society funds for as long as there is any. 

3 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

That's my understanding, how much control for that figure? If it's something minimal, is there a great risk? We cant really afford to not consider 300k.

30% of the club for £300k?

The club is easily worth £8-9m.

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

The club is only worth what people want to pay for it. I am quite content that the Society and the club will not sell us short. Nothing can be done if the WS and the fans dont want it.

Can I buy your motor for £100? House for £500. Don't be so stupid. 

I take it you are the guy who answers the emails from Nigerian princes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

A nothing statement on nothing confirmed.

Its arguable McMahon is determined to make it look like his wee video worked wonders rather than putting the club first.

I'd like to see someone ask big banker McMahon if it's legal for a chairman to pay for a marketing campaign suggesting a business has cash flow problems during a takeover. 

If we were a listed company then it would highly illegal but our ownership model is bespoke so who knows.....

I looked the P&B thread there and the question is being asked why Americans would want to get involved. 

The likely answer is because Trump's tax reform in 2017 allows international business expenses to be written off against American tax bills.

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Can I buy your motor for £100? House for £500. Don't be so stupid. 

I take it you are the guy who answers the emails from Nigerian princes?

you really are a bad tempered ignorant sort. I'll make this my last interaction with the likes of you. The club is only worth what someone will pay for it, that doesn't mean that the club would be sold at any offer offer. You can ask for £8/9 million until the cows come home but if if no one offers that then its not worth £8/9Million. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I'd like to see someone ask big banker McMahon if it's legal for a chairman to pay for a marketing campaign suggesting a business has cash flow problems during a takeover. 

If we were a listed company then it would highly illegal but our ownership model is bespoke so who knows.....

There's a big difference between having cash flow problems and looking for inward investment.

And there's nothing illegal in what McMahon did so chill oot and wait to see whats actually being offered.

12 minutes ago, santheman said:

There's a big difference between having cash flow problems and looking for inward investment.

And there's nothing illegal in what McMahon did so chill oot and wait to see whats actually being offered.

How do you know there's nothing illegal in it? We don't actually know who paid for the video. 

Having a video that says we are skint is talking down the value of the business. As I said with a listed company 100% illegal, with us who knows. 

Also need to question why the Society said ok to the video. Conviently we can't ask these obvious questions because they refuse to hold a members meeting.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

How do you know there's nothing illegal in it? We don't actually know who paid for the video. 

Having a video that says we are skint is talking down the value of the business. As I said with a listed company 100% illegal, with us who knows. 

Also need to question why the Society said ok to the video. Conviently we can't ask these obvious questions but they refuse to hold a members meeting.

Can you quote the bit where anyone in that video said the club is skint.

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I think it's reasonable to assume anyone begging for money is skint.

Ok. Quote the bit where anyone from the club begs for cash - and please don't tell me your potential legal case is based on a wean saying 'Taylor Swift, gies some dosh'.

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Ok. Quote the bit where anyone from the club begs for cash - and please don't tell me your potential legal case is based on a wean saying 'Taylor Swift, gies some dosh'.

Aye it's the gie us some dosh bit. And it's not like the wean is ad libbing it's all scripted. 

Putting out a video suggesting we require American investment when they were in talks with a potential American investor is extremely dubious. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Aye it's the gie us some dosh bit. And it's not like the wean is ad libbing it's all scripted. 

Putting out a video suggesting we require American investment when they were in talks with a potential American investor is extremely dubious. 

Wanting and requiring are two different things. Nobody says anything about the club struggling or going under if they don't get money in that video. 

• Confused 1