• Jack Vale
    • Georgie Gent
    • Stephen O'Donnell
    • Calum Butcher
    • Oli Shaw
    • Shane Blaney
    • Sam Nicholson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2024 at 03:00 PM

Once again I thought Vale showed up very well. He puts in a ton of work and looks decent on the ball as well. He took hell of a beating today but apparently the ref thought it was ok. Bevis also had a good game so between them for me but I’ll go with the much maligned Bevis. 

One of those one's were pretty much everyone was good in the first half and then it dropped off second half.

Spittal scored a great goal.

Mugabi was excellent then made a mistake and looked a bit shaky after that.

Miller did some good stuff but was also sloppy at times.

Bair caused Celtic a lot of problems first half but was puffed out in the second half.

Vale looked like he has tidy feet but perhaps his shooting let him down.

Difficult to pick out one guy but I'm going to go for Adam Devine, made some good defensive blocks, got forward too and I just like the look of him over the last couple of matches.

I thought Miller was poor right up until he wasn’t.  None of the subs made an impact. Bair looked like he could do some damage in the first half.  I would vote for the Miller/Spittal combo for the goal.  But I can’t.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Spittal for me, thought he was solid all game, scored a great goal, special mention for Vale. Oh and Gent had a nightmare today, brutal all day.

Yet there are folk complaining that he was subbed. I agree that this wasn't his best game and that Celtic had a lot of crosses in from that side.

22 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Yet there are folk complaining that he was subbed. I agree that this wasn't his best game and that Celtic had a lot of crosses in from that side.

They had more crosses when he went off 

Thought Devine and Mugabi were the pick of the defenders. McGinn had a poor game by his standards giving the ball away quite a few times. Gent had a decent first half but struggled with Yang second half.

Miller had a poor first 20 mins with his passing uncharachteristically poor. But it all seemed to change for him with his Zidane turn and lay off for the goal which was exceptional.

Spittal was full of energy and industry and scored a great goal but faded second half.

I thought Vale was our best player. Tidy feet, held it up well and is forming a very good understanding with Bair. Our chances of winning the game ended with his substitution.

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Our chances ended when we sat back and tried to hang on for 45 mins from the start of the 2nd half.

You could point to any number of things if you choose to. My point was that after he went off Bair became isolated and we were not seen again as an attacking force therefore were unlikely to score a goal. Given we had to score to win, our chances ended with his substitution. Just my opinion mind.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

You could point to any number of things if you choose to. My point was that after he went off Bair became isolated and we were not seen again as an attacking force therefore were unlikely to score a goal. Given we had to score to win, our chances ended with his substitution. Just my opinion mind.

I think SK took him off while he was still able to walk. By Collum standards he was not too bad today but Celtic players were taking turns at clogging Vale and he was letting them get away with it. 

10 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I think SK took him off while he was still able to walk. By Collum standards he was not too bad today but Celtic players were taking turns at clogging Vale and he was letting them get away with it. 

No issues with Vale being substituted. The guy had put in a shift and, as you say, been targetted for some rough treatment. He had run his race by that time. Our issue is we have no one else who can do what he can do. Obika isnt mobile and Shaw doesnt appear to be able to get himself involved in games when he comes on. Not sure what Nicholsons instructions were but he got nowhere near Bair to offer any sort of support.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

No issues with Vale being substituted. The guy had put in a shift and, as you say, been targetted for some rough treatment. He had run his race by that time. Our issue is we have no one else who can do what he can do. Obika isnt mobile and Shaw doesnt appear to be able to get himself involved in games when he comes on. Not sure what Nicholsons instructions were but he got nowhere near Bair to offer any sort of support.

The ideal guy for that type of job is Lucas Ross(?)

8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

The ideal guy for that type of job is Lucas Ross(?)

Luca Ross should be getting more exposure to the first team than Obika or Shaw at this stage, particularly as I foresee him being promoted to the first team next season because we need to develop our youth and not rely on duds and crocks, so now is the time to drip-feed him into games. I note that Ferrie has been getting some game time, but Ross has shown more than him during his limited opportunities, although Ross is more of a wide attacker than a centre forward. Ross is also contracted until May 2025 and Ferrie until May 2024, so the latter may be released.