Rangers v Motherwell 02/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Well, thats us played the top three in the last fortnight (plus Livi) and come out of it with 6 points. I reckon even the most optomistic amoung us would realistically have been looking for 4 out of that run (beat livi, draw with Hearts).

I'd honsetly back us to get some kind of result (win/draw) against anyone else in the league either home or away. 

Hopefully, yesterday injects a bit of confidence into the team, because recently, in places we've looked really good. The football going forward has at times been excellent. We haven't relied on hoofs and free kicks for goals, we've cut teams open with good passing and movement for periods of most games.  Hopefully a good end to the season coming !

11 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Just in from a gig tonight in a local boozer and watching the highlights. Every bit as good watching it again. 

Only one tune you can play to kick off a pub gig tonight. Twist and Shout ! Some punters didn't like it. I was delighted 😄

Ok here ye go 

14 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Enjoy the victory tonight , I was thinking your previous thoughts and despite any previous negativity we have now beaten the Gers . I have been slagged often in the last 20 years or so about how poor we are

Hopefully 🤞 top 6 and if we do that another 3 points against Brendan’s mhob also just to prove I am not biased in the slightest 

I know there’s lots of ifs and buts and every team has them but if we had managed to capitalize on our 3-0 lead over Aberdeen we would already be sitting in 6th spot. I’d love to see us finish in top 6 and with the games we have there’s still a decent chance although we will have to maintain our form through the remaining 4 games. COYW

I honestly think that if we keep this level of performance and if we avoid any further injuries then we can pick up four wins before the split. Home v Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Hibs, away to Dundee. Would be very happy with nine or ten points though.

And Celtic bottle it against Hearts at Tynecastle. Could this weekend get any better? :cheers:

As the Tynecastle sound system is now blaring out

#Oh, ho, ho it’s Magic 

You know oh ho#

Get it right up them, their odious fans and that prick Rodgers.

48 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I know there’s lots of ifs and buts and every team has them but if we had managed to capitalize on our 3-0 lead over Aberdeen we would already be sitting in 6th spot. I’d love to see us finish in top 6 and with the games we have there’s still a decent chance although we will have to maintain our form through the remaining 4 games. COYW no

If Aberdeen draw or beat Dundee and Ross County beat or draw with Hibs in midweek  a top six place then becomes in our own hands but realistically we need to  beats Hibs and Dundee and one of Aberdeen or St Mirren to end up in the top 6. For me it's still an outside bet but the fact we've put ourselves in that position is pretty incredible.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Mickey Weir a very inconsistent player for us back in the day,  some days he was fine.....and then other days he would blow your mind 😜😜

He couldnae stand the Hearts, and then we beat the h**s!

27 minutes ago, MJC said:

And Celtic bottle it against Hearts at Tynecastle. Could this weekend get any better? :cheers:

#Oh, ho, ho it’s Magic 

You know oh ho#

Yes 2 sets of bottlers. Great weekend. 🍺

7 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Yes 2 sets of bottlers. Great weekend. 🍺

And Brendan is raging. Dribbling on about VAR and referee decisions. Even better!

After the way he was all smug and condescending about us rightly being aggrieved about the decisions in the 2017 League Cup Final and the game at Fir Park the following Wednesday I will never, ever tire of seeing this arsehole being gutted and getting a taste of his own medicine.

Choke on it Rodgers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Classic Faddy last night on sportscene as he scored winner on boxing day 2002, last time we had beaten them in league..."I've lost my hair since then......twice" 😅😅

Certainly a much better pundit than Neil McCann, his classic yesterday was "The result at Tynecastle tomorrow will go a long way to deciding who is top of the League come Monday"

Sherlock + Shit + no, please rearrange into a coherent sentence.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MJC said:

And Brendan is raging. Dribbling on about VAR and referee decisions. Even better!

After the way he was all smug and condescending about us rightly being aggrieved about the decisions in the 2017 League Cup Final and the game at Fir Park the following Wednesday I will never, ever tire of seeing this arsehole being gutted and getting a taste of his own medicine.

Choke on it Rodgers. 

And they have had 14 pens this season!!!.  Aye conspiracy theory.....good boy Brendan....move on 😜😜

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

And they have had 14 pens this season!!!.  Aye conspiracy theory.....good boy Brendan....move on 😜😜

I believe that is the first domestic penalty Celtic have conceded this season? And Brendan believes they are victims! ( He doesn't really but if he can convince the paranoid fans, then it's not his fault). And imagine if one of his players had been kicked in the face like the Hearts boy was.

What a good weekend this has been. Both old firm seething and us celebrating.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

#Oh, ho, ho it’s Magic 

You know oh ho#

Although I've seen some right cringeworthy stuff from Hearts fans in the lead up to that game, posting stuff like "Don't worry Rangers, we have you covered tomorrow"

Talk about bending the knee to their big club? Jesus. I'm glad we tend to have more fans that are happy to see both cheeks get done over.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Although I've seen some right cringeworthy stuff from Hearts fans in the lead up to that game, posting stuff like "Don't worry Rangers, we have you covered tomorrow"

Talk about bending the knee to their big club? Jesus. I'm glad we tend to have more fans that are happy to see both cheeks get done over.

Do you have any evidence of Hearts fans posting stuff like that? 

I’m not being awkward or argumentative btw, it’s a genuine question.

I can’t speak for anyone else but any Hearts fan I’ve ever known has only ever been interested in what is best for their club and they certainly don’t have any preference or leaning towards either OF club. 

16 minutes ago, David said:

Talk about bending the knee to their big club? Jesus. I'm glad we tend to have more fans that are happy to see both cheeks get done 

Hearts / Hibs is the same sad sectarian shite we get in the West but on a much smaller scale the bigotry and bile is still there.

Rangers. fans portray themselves as the sons of William, the Gorgie hoardes are the cousins of William. The Edinburgh backside is not as big as the Glasgow one but two cheeks just the same.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Do you have any evidence of Hearts fans posting stuff like that? 

I’m not being awkward or argumentative btw, it’s a genuine question.

I can’t speak for anyone else but any Hearts fan I’ve ever known has only ever been interested in what is best for their club and they certainly don’t have any preference or leaning towards either OF club. 

I can look for it again on X if you like? I saw it there.

As for Hearts fans not having any leaning towards either OF club? I think we both know that's nonsense. I'm not saying that they outright support one club or the other, but I think it's been clear over the years that they definitely have a leaning in one particular direction.

An example of that would be their fans singing the Billy Boys. I know a few sensible Hearts fans myself, and they're thoroughly embarrassed by that quite sizeable element in their support. 

Again, I'm glad we don't have that side to our support. While some of our fans will no doubt have personal preferences on which of the old firm clubs they'd prefer to see win their games, maybe due to having family who support them or whatever, it doesn't leak out into how we actually support Motherwell, which is a good thing.

Delighted that hearts won today as well, really p1ss off both sets of their fans. 

It’s the only thing negative about beating one of them is that you get messages from the other set of people expressing their delight and how you’ve “done them a favour” 

It’s always spinned around that us beating one of them is for their benefit. I can’t stand it. it’s always about them.

It’s nice to go into work on a Monday with the two of them beelin and how a conspiracy of referees has done them over.

two cheeks of the same ar5e!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Choke on it Rodgers. 

Absolutely brilliant weekend so far

Both beat in the same weekend , can’t get any better than that and a Hearts win doesn’t affect our league position at all 

15 minutes ago, David said:

I can look for it again on X if you like? I saw it there.

As for Hearts fans not having any leaning towards either OF club? I think we both know that's nonsense. I'm not saying that they outright support one club or the other, but I think it's been clear over the years that they definitely have a leaning in one particular direction.

An example of that would be their fans singing the Billy Boys. I know a few sensible Hearts fans myself, and they're thoroughly embarrassed by that quite sizeable element in their support. 

Again, I'm glad we don't have that side to our support. While some of our fans will no doubt have personal preferences on which of the old firm clubs they'd prefer to see win their games, maybe due to having family who support them or whatever, it doesn't leak out into how we actually support Motherwell, which is a good thing.

Yes if you want.

As I said I’m not trying to be awkward here, I’m genuinely interested. If you have seen posts by Hearts fans on social media and can show me those posts then fair enough. 

I would have to disagree though that they have a leaning in one particular direction. Most Hearts fans I know, in fact, ANY Hearts fan that I’ve ever known has only ever had a leaning towards Hearts and no one else. I’ve said this before on these forums, Hearts fans support their club through thick and thin and tend not to care what any one else thinks of them.

And as for that ‘Billy Boys’ chant. That used to be quite common place at Fir Park back in the late 80s/early 90s. It’s not now thankfully as I wouldn’t want that to be something which was sung at our ground. It’s not a very nice song, to put it lightly. But I still don’t think that the Motherwell fans who sang that back in the day had ‘Rangers preferences’. They might have been a bit misguided and ignorant (to put it mildly) but I don’t question their support for Motherwell FC. And I think the same goes for those in the Hearts support who did/do the same. 

I think the best way to go about things is to just support your own club in your own way and not to give to shits about either Celtic or Rangers.