Motherwell v Aberdeen 16/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Hard to know what to expect from Aberdeen next week.

The whole Warnock thing seems like a shit show, and leaving suddenly without any apparent replacement waiting in the wings seems very weird.

You would presume Peter Leven will get the job until the permanent manager is in place and he might steady the ship, but with the level of uncertainty hanging over the club and players its hard to see it going well for them.

Glad we get to see what happens against Dundee before we have to play them.

If there is a new investor coming onboard, especially if they are going to take a majority shareholding, they decide who becomes CEO - assuming they want to run the CEO model as that's only one option in structuring a business.

As for the game, as long as we keep the tempo up for the full 90+, we should have enough to keep the lead this time instead of surrendering it.

A few Aberdeen fans I know are saying that Lennon will be appointed tomorrow (Neil, not Miller).

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

There won't be a lot of love up there for him if that's true.

Certainly not from the ones I spoke to 🤣 Their forum seems to be suggesting Michael O'Neil

My Aberdeen supporting mate says if they appoint Lennon he's not renewing his season ticket and knows lots more who are doing the same.

Said to him what if he goes on a long unbeaten run would you go back. Not a chance he says.

Lennon is utterly despised up there for some reason.

52 minutes ago, santheman said:

My Aberdeen supporting mate says if they appoint Lennon he's not renewing his season ticket and knows lots more who are doing the same.

Said to him what if he goes on a long unbeaten run would you go back. Not a chance he says.

I thought that applied to everywhere, except the TattieDome.

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Something very fishy about the way Aberdeen is conducting business. Its convenient that Neil Warnock "resigned" just as They were concluding negotiations. 

It feels like Warnock and Aberdeen quickly realised it was a disaster after the first few weeks and have been working on this exit strategy. Very strange to appoint someone with little or no knowledge of the Premiership to steady the ship.  If you want to make an appointment like that you need to be doing in the summer when they have time to figure things out.

Still a shame he's gone though as he was doing a great job of underperforming.

9 hours ago, santheman said:

I texted a pal who supports The Sheep last week with The Lennon Suggestion. All I got back was an N followed by 23 Os.

Don't think it would be popular but it may be practical, at least in the short term.

Graeme Shine's bleating about getting booked for dissent at the weekend. Yeah, he was fouled but this constant backchat to referees has to stop.

34 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Graeme Shine's bleating about getting booked for dissent at the weekend. Yeah, he was fouled but this constant backchat to referees has to stop.

I think that horse bolted about 40 years ago.

26 minutes ago, numpty said:

I think that horse bolted about 40 years ago.

They were supposedly cracking down on it again this season, but that lasted about 2 games.

It is ridiculous though. Football is really the only game where players can backchat to officials for an entire game with no consequence.

52 minutes ago, weeyin said:

They were supposedly cracking down on it again this season, but that lasted about 2 games.

It is ridiculous though. Football is really the only game where players can backchat to officials for an entire game with no consequence.

There's tennis as well, Rublev was disqualified and lost his earnings after screaming at an official. Possibly the first high-profile case to be properly punished, yet folk had the nerve to say that it was harsh.

28 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

There's tennis as well, Rublev was disqualified and lost his earnings after screaming at an official. Possibly the first high-profile case to be properly punished, yet folk had the nerve to say that it was harsh.

Except the ATP bottled it, he got his ranking points and winnings returned on appeal. He was fined and forfeited the game, which he was losing anyway, hence the abuse.

I agree that the backchat in football has reached ridiculous levels though, but until the authorities take proper action it will not change, and we know they wont in case they upset a big club It is exactly the same as trying to eradicate diving, the solution is relatively simple, but the associations are scared to go down that route.

6 minutes ago, wellfan said:

It works both ways. If refs want to be treated with more respect, they should stop being fucking useless at their jobs.

Do you not maybe think that the people that would make good refs have no inclination to be abused by cheating half-wits every week?

47 minutes ago, wellfan said:

It works both ways. If refs want to be treated with more respect, they should stop being fucking useless at their jobs.

If you're crap at your job, do you want a sweaty mob surrounding you and calling you cunt or would you rather discuss it with your line manager?