Dundee v Motherwell 6/4/2024

Kmcalpin

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Shots fired from Caldwell already. I like it. It's clear that we’ve not agreed with the referee’s assessment of the pitch being playable. 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2024/04/06/dundee-match-called-on/

"We also deeply concerned for the welfare of all players ahead of this match" 

If the pitch is a midden be interesting to see what we do.  Not sure I've ever seen players walk off and refuse to participate but ...

17 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

This is down to the SPFL and Dundee. We are the innocent party here. Its not down to incompetence. We're simply pawns in a "bigger game". With the final pre split games fast approaching  the SPFL could easily have scheduled Dundee's outstanding game against Sevco for last midweek. That would have left next midweek free for contingencies. What's the problem with that you might reasonably ask? It all seems very logical. However Sevco have a game on Sunday against guess who? Celtic no less. Therefore the SPFL had to give them a free midweek. Preferential treatment? 

As for Dundee, as Falkirk did years ago,  they prioritised playing budget over pitch renovation. 

Why should we suffer?

Nb. Thousands of complaints about sectarian hatred at Sunday's OF game, under the Hate Crime Act, but no action taken by Police Scotland. 

I wouldn't want to be a call handler for police on Sunday and listen to all the tedious nonsense...

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

Disgraceful. Clearly the pitch is currently unplayable. But hey, why don't you guys buy tickets and set off anyway and we will tell you whether the game is on or off as you pass Perth. Fans are the lifeblood of the sport and get treated like crap. All because the powers that be did not want to be accused of bias by insisting Rangers and Dundee play midweek before an OF game.

But then it is the Clubs that allow the cretins on the SPL Board to run the show. Nothing changes.

It's nothing new that fans are treated shoddily , we only fund the game.

5 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

If the pitch is a midden be interesting to see what we do.  Not sure I've ever seen players walk off and refuse to participate but ...

Watch the rangers dictate and get exactly what they want on Wednesday, as that pitch will be even more unplayable after today. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

If we walk off, the abandonment will be on us and Dundee can claim it wasn't their fault. Don't give the bogmonsters the satisfaction and smash them instead. 

10 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Watch the rangers dictate and get exactly what they want on Wednesday, as that pitch will be even more unplayable after today. 

Just what I was thinking 

After 90 minutes on that pitch today guaranteed it will be in a lot worse condition after the game , even more so if any rain due

10 minutes ago, wellfan said:

At this point I’d be very happy to see us beat them and just award 3 points to rangers. Oh and award us 3 points against hibs 😜

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Surprised to see Halliday start but not as bad as made out.  Will be a decent player for us.  COYW 

I like Halliday. Didn’t play that well last week but I think most of our players are going to be like that some good weeks and some bad weeks. Just not so good when we encounter this weeks where they all have a bad game on the same day !! 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

It would be crazy to risk Lennon Miller on that park.

Exactly. We’ve had to put ourselves at a disadvantage today due to them getting away with having a ploughed bog for a pitch. 

Kettlewell just on radio live. At last someone speaks his mind and tells the truth.

Said he s been ragin all week ,his dundee contacts told him mid week game would not be on, also he alterd team so no one that has an injury niggle won’t get injured worse . Then let it go about Dundee spending on players no the park. Said we spent on the park 1.2 million and that was money he couldnt spend on players , also said everyone knew what Dundee were up to and it wasnt right. New CEO told him to say what he thought , i hope

10 minutes ago, weeyin said:

SK said a lot of that in his presser this week so not surprised he's repeating it now. 

There’s a difference between saying it in a wee presser and saying to  it on a  national radio programme just before the game. But nobody will do anything about it.

19 minutes ago, stv said:

There’s a difference between saying it in a wee presser and saying to  it on a  national radio programme just before the game. But nobody will do anything about it.

You realise the "wee presser" comments were reported in every national newspaper and on the national radio programme too?