Bottom 6 Season 2023/24

TheoBair14

16 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Going to make things tighter for 11th 

Nah, 5 games left and we're 7 points ahead, effectively 8 pts with the goal difference RC need to win at least 3 maybe 4 of the last 5 to catch us, its not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Well done to Ross County, but that's not good news for us. 

It funny to see Rangers getting beat of Ross County 

It might be more points closer to us but I think being 7 points clear we will be safe 

Id be more worried if I were St Johnstone. Also over the last few fixtures Ross County have lost three and drawn one. Plus the bottom teams need to play one another and logically teams below us will drop points.... Looking at Hibs to batter everyone below us into submission too in their quest to stay 7th 😂

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

8 points ahead with 15 to play for should be enough for us, though the experimentation will need to wait for now. This is where our ability to rescue draws from the jaws of defeat will come in handy.

We'll likely draw our way to safety and finish on 42 points. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wellfan said:

We'll likely draw our way to safety and finish on 42 points. 

Yes, we'll finish above 11th place by a good 2 or 3 points. Pre split points tallies pretty much what I thought they would be. A win against Livingston and a draw against St Johnstone should be enough  

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Well done to Ross County, but that's not good news for us. 

Has almost no impact on us, but I'd be worried if I was a St Johnstone fan.

We had 4 wins and a draw post-split last season. 2 wins this season would mean County have to win all 5 to overhaul us (or 4 wins, a draw and make up 19 goals).

BTW. This is another reason I don't like the split. Top 6 teams having to take on teams fighting for survival is a huge part of the game and often throws up a shock result or two.

An early draw against County and win against Saints should see us coast over the line.  If our first two games are against Hibs and Aberdeen then we may still be in a battle by the time these games are done.

5 hours ago, wellfan said:

A draw was a fair result as neither team turned up yesterday. Given what was potentially at stake for both teams, I find it odd but not surprising that it played out as a rather pathetic game. 

I also find it difficult to take much enjoyment out of a season where we've only won 8 in 33 and had an appalling winless run. If others want to take enjoyment out of all those draws, then that's fine. Not for me, though.

I also don't think it’s fair to suggest those reasonable views are those of a troll. I'm just not a happy clapper. 

Exactly 

4 hours ago, wellgirl said:

I'd like to think we've got one win left in us 

You would certainly hope that we could beat Livingston at home at least. Though the rest of the potential fixtures, away to Hibs and Ross County eg. then you would be thinking that a draw in both games is the most likely outcome.

I think we have a win left in us that’ll take us away from 11th place. Pleased for County today, nice wee place to go to, good ground, decent club and nice supporters.

personally I want st johnstone in 11th and see them relegated. Never liked them, can’t stand their “bought for them” ground, rubbish support and a manager that’d get the game stopped.

Funny funny to see the Rainjurs lose , I had been hearing all week how the league was won already , silence in work tomorrow now and no slagging Well 

Day of shocks all round with Liverpool and Arsenal losing 

Football a funny old game as someone once said

10 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Sorry but if we’re being honest I’d say the Collum fucked up by not sending Spittal off.
Wasn’t just a wee push and then gets involved with others merited a red card I thought - I’m surprised Ross didn’t get involved.
I had a good view of the incident and if it was the other way round I’d have been raging at a yellow. 

I agree, I thought that Collum was having a good game up until that point. To be fair to him, he's not that bad but there is often a turning point in games when he completely loses the plot thereafter. The stramash could have been it on this occasion, especially as he bizarrely played on with two balls on the pitch straight after and I was thinking.... Oh no, here we go, he's snapped again.... But he kept his shit together.

43 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I agree, I thought that Collum was having a good game up until that point. To be fair to him, he's not that bad but there is often a turning point in games when he completely loses the plot thereafter. The stramash could have been it on this occasion, especially as he bizarrely played on with two balls on the pitch straight after and I was thinking.... Oh no, here we go, he's snapped again.... But he kept his shit together.

I personally don't think Blair deserved a red. The fact that Collum might have lost the plot after has zero to do with Spittal and everything to go with how crap refs are 

1 hour ago, mio said:

I think we have a win left in us that’ll take us away from 11th place. Pleased for County today, nice wee place to go to, good ground, decent club and nice supporters.

personally I want st johnstone in 11th and see them relegated. Never liked them, can’t stand their “bought for them” ground, rubbish support and a manager that’d get the game stopped.

Im not pleased for County. They are below us and as such I don't want them to win 

2 hours ago, mio said:

Agreed, Inverness /Dingwall is a great away trip, ive had a few great weekends up there,  much better than Perth so personally I hope RC stay up.

14 hours ago, wellfan said:

I'm just not a happy clapper. 

I don't think anyone will ever confuse you for that. Happy? Very rarely. Clapper? I doubt you clap much at Fir Park.

10 hours ago, wellgirl said:

I would personally give the young boys a chance once we are mathematically safe. 

So would I, if they're good enough. Even once we're mathematically safe, we should push to finish as high up the table as possible. The difference between finishing 7th and 9th could be something like £125,000. 

Considering we're pushing for outside investment and needing cash, that money should be a priority.

6 hours ago, David said:

I don't think anyone will ever confuse you for that. Happy? Very rarely. Clapper? I doubt you clap much at Fir Park.

So would I, if they're good enough. Even once we're mathematically safe, we should push to finish as high up the table as possible. The difference between finishing 7th and 9th could be something like £125,000. 

Considering we're pushing for outside investment and needing cash, that money should be a priority.

That clown Shaw's miss not only cost us another two points but potentially some much needed cash as well . 

7 minutes ago, well_said said:

That clown Shaw's miss not only cost us another two points but potentially some much needed cash as well . 

Given that we are 8th with five games to go I don't see how - what's cost us is the number of draws we've had over the season and our defence which has been shocking at points. He's not the only striker that's missed a sitter either. 

Personal opinion but I'm not that interested now finishing 7th or 8th or 9th. I know money means a lot to club but to fans I'm not interested now and season over. Splits not a great idea. Means seasons finished and clubs in top half sometimes have less points than bottom 6. Think we're safe now points plus goal difference. Wil be back at league cup matches.