Motherwell Vs St Johnstone 19/05/24

TheoBair14

15 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

That kind of positivity has no place on this forum.....you should be ashamed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

End of season madness.

Based on absolutely nothing other than former players coming back to haunt old clubs.

Would be the icing on the redemption arc cake!

47 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Andy Halliday is a doubt for the game. Is it just me or does he always seem to have injury/fitness problems? Would a good pre season solve them at all?

I doubt it. I wasn't sold on him coming but he spoke well about helping the young guys in his wee interview. I've a feeling he has enough professional pride to know whether his legs have gone at this level or not, and act accordingly.

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

End of season madness.

Based on absolutely nothing other than former players coming back to haunt old clubs.

Would be the icing on the redemption arc cake!

On the other hand, he's Canadian, so he's probably far too nice to want to stick the knife in. But hopefully he'll just do it anyway and apologise afterwards.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Andy Halliday is a doubt for the game. Is it just me or does he always seem to have injury/fitness problems? Would a good pre season solve them at all?

I'm not one to buy into requiring a good pre-season argument unless a player missed it, but Halliday had a pre-season with Hearts last year. His stats from the first half of this season show that he was mainly either  'on the bench' or 'not in squad', which begs the question of why did SK think he was worth bringing in on loan then, and his performances since joining on loan haven't been great. It's clear to me that he's finished at this level and his signing for next season raises more questions than it does inspire hope. Maybe he'll step back or focus on coaching or become Obika 2.0. Who knows. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Actually, the more I see of Billy Bremner in those old YT vids, the more I admire him.

I'll never forgive him for missing the sitter against Brazil!

(Although, the first Scotland strip I got as a kid had his number on it, because he was my favourite player).

Even the greatest teams need balance in the midfield. Probably the best I have seen was in the French squad of Tigana, Giresse, Fernandez and (the disgraced) Platini - nicknamed The Magic Square.

Fernandez was the defensive ball winner. Tigana was the box-to-box. Giresse was a ball player and Platini was as good at scoring goals as he was at taking backhanders.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

I'm not one to buy into requiring a good pre-season argument unless a player missed it, but Halliday had a pre-season with Hearts last year. His stats from the first half of this season show that he was mainly either  'on the bench' or 'not in squad', which begs the question of why did SK think he was worth bringing in on loan then, and his performances since joining on loan haven't been great. It's clear to me that he's finished at this level and his signing for next season raises more questions than it does inspire hope. Maybe he'll step back or focus on coaching or become Obika 2.0. Who knows. 

I can see why we signed him in the first place,he was available and it would have been a fairly easy deal to get done and it was another body in the door at a time when we were needing it but having committed to have him here next season is a mistake for me,he looks done at this level.hes in his 30s,not played a great deal this season and picking up injuries,all he needs is a good pre season isn't the answer.

29 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'll never forgive him for missing the sitter against Brazil!

(Although, the first Scotland strip I got as a kid had his number on it, because he was my favourite player).

Even the greatest teams need balance in the midfield. Probably the best I have seen was in the French squad of Tigana, Giresse, Fernandez and (the disgraced) Platini - nicknamed The Magic Square.

Fernandez was the defensive ball winner. Tigana was the box-to-box. Giresse was a ball player and Platini was as good at scoring goals as he was at taking backhanders.

A cracking midfield that was, disgrace they were cheated in 1982 v Germany.     Midfield almost as good as Cooper....Griffin...O'Donnell  and Angus 

COYW 

33 minutes ago, mfc said:

I can see why we signed him in the first place,he was available and it would have been a fairly easy deal to get done and it was another body in the door at a time when we were needing it but having committed to have him here next season is a mistake for me,he looks done at this level.hes in his 30s,not played a great deal this season and picking up injuries,all he needs is a good pre season isn't the answer.

I too can see why we gave him a try when he became available. But he has shown little to convince anyone.

Are we absolutely positive we are tied into him for next season? Could there have been some sort of 'prove yourself' agreement which would explain why he has been featuring ahead of others, even if only for the first half? I think he cannot sign permanently until his Hearts contract actually expires .There is a huge difference between an option to sign and a firm contract. I ask in hope and on reading the media quoting today that he is on loan to season end with no mention of any fixed agreement for next season.

13 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I too can see why we gave him a try when he became available. But he has shown little to convince anyone.

Are we absolutely positive we are tied into him for next season? Could there have been some sort of 'prove yourself' agreement which would explain why he has been featuring ahead of others, even if only for the first half? I think he cannot sign permanently until his Hearts contract actually expires .There is a huge difference between an option to sign and a firm contract. I ask in hope and on reading the media quoting today that he is on loan to season end with no mention of any fixed agreement for next season.

On the official site it says he's on a 6th month loan and will become a permanent player in the summer on a one year deal.  

14 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

On the official site it says he's on a 6th month loan and will become a permanent player in the summer on a one year deal.  

I'm hoping we can get out of any verbal agreement we have given. Pretty sure he cannot have signed a permanent deal whilst still contracted to Hearts. No offence to him. but he has hardly proven his worth so far. Also the Club did not say we had entered into a formal PCA as per Spittal to Hearts. So I'm hoping it is a gentleman's agreement but linked to performance and fitness. 

Much rather stick with Slattery😍

10 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'll make a controversial and outrageous prediction....................we won't keep a clean sheet.

Have some faith Dave, personally I think we will pump them St J are brutal, Levein has made them worse since he took over.

They're heading for the playoff, but I would expect them to get past Raith rover ok.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, robsterwood said:

St Johnston. Be fearful! Be very fearful!

download.jpeg

As long as he's not a cocaine bear on the day we should be more than a match for him.

• Haha 1