In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Well, should we qualify for Europe, we'll be going into the first round of games with a central midfield partnership of Fitzpatrick and Lasley.

What's wrong with that?! :lol:

Agreed we need some signings in quickly if some players are to move on but going on past performances, McGhee is a nightmare at moving fast in the transfer market. May not be his fault but down to the budget constraints that he has been given. I'm sure he's known for some time that Hughes and Buzz were not going to be hanging around and I for one was pretty sure we couldn't afford to keep Klimpl so hopefully he'll have an ace or two up his sleeve. Just don't hold your breath.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with that?! :lol:

Agreed we need some signings in quickly if some players are to move on but going on past performances, McGhee is a nightmare at moving fast in the transfer market. May not be his fault but down to the budget constraints that he has been given. I'm sure he's known for some time that Hughes and Buzz were not going to be hanging around and I for one was pretty sure we couldn't afford to keep Klimpl so hopefully he'll have an ace or two up his sleeve. Just don't hold your breath.

Just realised after I posted that it sounded like I had something against Lasley and/or Fitzpatrick. Not at all, it's just that other than one is right footed and the other is left-footed, they're pretty similar types of player.

I know what you're saying about McGhee's track record on signings, and I appreciate the budget constraints he'll be working under. However, as you point out, it must have been fairly clear since we didn't make the top 6 (if not before) that Hughes, Malcolm, Smith and probably Klimpl would be on their way. That must leave a fair chunk of what was this season's wage budget to play with. Even if the wage budget is reduced somewhat for next season, there must be more cash to play with salary-wise than there was last summer. Like you say, rabbit out of hat time. Time for Mr McGhee to earn that wage rise he got last summer...

Possibly. I feel sorry for Lasley over losing his place and if Klimpl does leave then Lasley and his ilk should be valued even more for coming back to Motherwell. Guys with the 'Well in their heart are worth their weight in gold. Not to condemn a man before anything is 100%, but I'd be very disappointed in Klimpl if he does go. I thought he wanted to stay and McGhee wanted him to stay? Where the fuck did the might Plymouth come in from?

Is it not the case that the transfer window doesn't open until July 1st? If so getting players in before the first European game could be difficult... Also, are we not required to register a squad for the first round which would need to happen before the window opened?

When you think about it the Klimpl situation was always a possibility.

You'd like to think that he would prefer to stay where he's been made really welcome and been given a new role that he's done well in. However in football we all know money talks.

I'm not daft and know that players hang out to see whats available. But perhaps we should have been in there getting some sort of gentlemans' agreement sorted out.

You never know he might stay.

If he doesn't then we just get on with it dont we? That's what we always do!

C'mon The Well!

Is it not the case that the transfer window doesn't open until July 1st? If so getting players in before the first European game could be difficult...

Pre-contracts can be signed and just a matter of registering the signing on July 1st. Same would apply to signing players from other clubs. The deal could be arranged in principle prior to the window opening, contracts signed, just a matter of faxing the relevant football authorities on the day the window actually opens...

Can't say I am too fussed about Klimpl going. In about the last five matches he has looked shite.

If he stays then fair enough, but to be honest I think he is pretty over rated.

My thoughts exactly!

I really hope we aren't paying through the nose to keep him.

Kiegan Parker on trial at Killie.

They could have a very decent partnership up front next season.

Thought that myself when I read it. If they can pick up Parker, that'll be two strikers who can score goals at this level that they've picked up for nothing. Damn you, Jeffries, you fly old get...

I dont know if its been mentioned but i cant be bothered trawling through old posts to see. According to one of the players, Lasley is as good as gone too. Anyone know anything?

I dont know if its been mentioned but i cant be botherd trawling through old posts to see. Accorinding to one of the players, Lasley is as good as gone too. Anyone know anything?

Jesus christ!! It just gets worse!

That certainly would be worrying if Klimpl is leaving.

I also don't think Kevin Kyle will be at Killie next year, think a Championship side may come in for him given his goals in a short space of time.

I'd be happy if we moved McGarry on for a small fee, although if its true about Lasley, then maybe not as we would be VERY light in the midfield area.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...qpr/8057426.stm

Liam Miller's looking for a club apparently.

With the possibility of Hughes' exit I think he might be worth a punt

Might be an issue with wages but you know what they say about beggars

I think it's safe to say he won't be playing for us next season. He's on £16,000 a week wages just now and i doubt very much if he would drop about £14 grand in wages to join the mighty 'well. I think he'll find a club down in England no problem.