In's And Out's

AndyRoss

The papers are full of Motherwell's transfer negotiations..... criticism.

The papers have no mention of Motherwell's transfer negotiations..... criticism. :blink::rolleyes:

There is a list of targets being worked on, I'd rather read news of who these targets were once they have signed for us.

Indeed! It would perhaps be different if we were hours away from the deadline for registering new players for the Europa League or in the rest of the league were making signings by the bucketful and we weren't. But we're not.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The papers are full of Motherwell's transfer negotiations..... criticism.

The papers have no mention of Motherwell's transfer negotiations..... criticism. :blink::rolleyes:

There is a list of targets being worked on, I'd rather read news of who these targets were once they have signed for us.

I think the phrase you're looking for is

No one signed with around three weeks to our first competitive game....... criticism

Like you, I'd rather read about them when they're signed. I'm not complaining about the lack of information regarding negotiations. I'm complaining about the lack of signings...

my problem is that i have doubts that even if mcghee unearthed another porter, mccormack or hughes that we could sign he wouldn't do it as it may be in the back of his mind he could end up elsewhere.

if we were a bigger club in a better league someone might actually ask our manager how the speculation about his future is effecting his transfer activity but we're motherwell from scotland so it won't happen.

if we were a bigger club in a better league someone might actually ask our manager how the speculation about his future is effecting his transfer activity but we're motherwell from scotland so it won't happen.

Good point. And totally true.

Just heard 2 new rumours :

Mark Reynolds to Birmingham & Paul Quinn to Notts Forest anyone heard anything on these?

If these are true then we can kiss goodbye to the SPL unless McGhee or whoever is manager comes up with some AMAZING signings

If these are true then we can kiss goodbye to the SPL unless McGhee or whoever is manager comes up with some AMAZING signings

McLean and eh... Saunders no?

If those rumours are true then good luck to them but I'll wait and see tbh.

McLean and eh... Saunders no?

If those rumours are true then good luck to them but I'll wait and see tbh.

McLean and Saunders are good, not taking it away from them, but we need to bring in a quality centre half and right back if Quinn and Reynolds do go, just for back up as who would take McLean and Saunders's places if they were injured?

I still feel we should not be rushing signings just because of the really early start we have. We should only be concerned about having a decent squad in place for the first day of the SPL. Europa league is a bonus but if we get a decent draw we should be able to see them off with the squad we have at the moment.

In MMG we trust

Is John Kennedy not ou of contract at Celtic this summer? If he could stay fit, I'd like to see us pursue this one again. I know he'd probably end up in the Championship, same as last summer, but perhaps the chance to re-build his career, play every week and not having to move his family about would sway him to join. He was keen to sign for us before his agent and Celtic started to make noises about him going on loan and kicking off an auction for him.

Is John Kennedy not ou of contract at Celtic this summer? If he could stay fit, I'd like to see us pursue this one again. I know he'd probably end up in the Championship, same as last summer, but perhaps the chance to re-build his career, play every week and not having to move his family about would sway him to join. He was keen to sign for us before his agent and Celtic started to make noises about him going on loan and kicking off an auction for him.

I mentioned this one a short while ago on this forum. If the TV deal doesn't hit the budget too badly, we should have some flexibility in the wages to at least allow us to pursue him. If rumour is to be believed and Reynolds is on his way, we will need defensive cover...

If we're looking for a left winger, I see Peter Sweeney has been released. Was he not highly thought of a couple of years ago? Just a suggestion as we're missing a 'Worth A Punt?' thread...

Was he the boy that was at Millwall a few years back? Under McGhee perhaps?

Decent shout IMO. Though i'm sure I read on SSN that some League 2 side are after him. May sound silly, but can we compete with the wages of a League 2 team?? IIRC, didn't Craig Easton turn us down a few seasons ago to go to Leyon Orient?

Decent shout IMO. Though i'm sure I read on SSN that some League 2 side are after him. May sound silly, but can we compete with the wages of a League 2 team?? IIRC, didn't Craig Easton turn us down a few seasons ago to go to Leyon Orient?

Lucky escape for us then, eh no? Feckin' Airdrie loving bastard.

Sorry to ask guys but I have not seen Motherwell linked with anybody yet, do we have anyone on our radar? I have read multiple papers and visited multiple websites but I can't get any info on us being linked with players. Can anybody help me out and possibly tell me who we are interested in?

Thanks

Sorry to ask guys but I have not seen Motherwell linked with anybody yet, do we have anyone on our radar? I have read multiple papers and visited multiple websites but I can't get any info on us being linked with players. Can anybody help me out and possibly tell me who we are interested in?

Naw, we read the same papers and websites as you. It's not like there's a secret forum where there are exclusives dished out...

I saw Peter Sweeney play a couple of times for Leeds, primarily as a left sided midfielder.

Both occasions he attached himself to the opposing right midfielder and drifted in field and that was basically it. He never tried to create space, look for the ball, the few times he had the ball he never tried to take on or beat his man. Against Doncaster, I was convinced he'd been taken off at HT, I swear he never touched the ball second half and despite supposedly being left midfield he had totally disappeared somewhere infield or anywhere that wasnt left wing

He gave the impression he wasn't interested in getting into the 1st team, happily picking up his wages and being unimpressive in the reserve team. He became a joke amongst the Leeds fans and they are praying he does leave asap

Noticed this in the Soccer Shorts in the Daily Record

" Motherwell are reported to be close to securing a deal for Dumbartons former Everton and Crewe left sided defender Patrick Boyle, who impressed in the Son's successfull Third Division title winning season"

Dont know much about the lad but at least we are looking at other players outwith the norm.

Just on P&B so hopefully we can take it with a pinch of salt but there is a mention of Brian McLean being pursued by St Mirren.

Didn't Gus McPherson ask McGhee in January for him and he was told where to go!!!

On another note does anyone know when Hughes and Smith's contracts finally expire!?! We always seem to wait until the last minute before we snap up some targets. I wouldn't be surprised if we got many a loan signing this campaign.

Were we rumoured to be interested in Mark Hudson at Rotherham last summer. Think he's a centre mid.

Might be pointless second guessing targets until we know who our new boss is, but he's leaving them on a free transfer.