In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be devastated if Lasley left.

I stated somewhere on these boards recently that I'd want to keep Quinn and Clarkson. Guys like Lasley, Hammell and Craigan are important too. Guys who know what the club is all about. Always been a fan of Lasley, though it might not be that we're trying to get rid of him. Maybe McGhee's chat with all the players didn't go as Lasley wanted.

"Right, Keith, what's going to happen is, you'll be our best player for the first couple of months of this season again, and then I'll move you to right back where you'll be a fish out of water and it'll give me an excuse to drop you..."

Could you blame him if he wanted to leave? If he goes, he goes with nothing but my best wishes...

Might not be far wrong Melvin. You couldn't blame Keith if he wanted move, he's at an age where games are important for him. I feel sorry for him as he made a fantastic start to the campaign, winning various MoTM award and taking the captains arm band. I personally dont think he'll get a look in if Klimpl is still here, but we'll just need to wait and see.

If Lasley, Klimples, Buzz and Shug all move we are fucked!! Especially with McGhee saying the youth squad is where the majority of our squad is coming from.

We NEED new influence in the team, I have said before too we also NEED some foreign influence - The Scottish game is so primitive we need some flair - what is the problem with getting some half decent Portuguese 19 year olds from their second division or the like??? I'll guarentee you they will be better than Darren Smith or Marc Fitzpatrick!!

Come on 'Well, cast the net!!!

Ahmet Brkovic, Richard Duffy, Adrian Forbes, Lenny Pidgeley, Danny Senda and Danny Spiller are among those told they have no future at the New Den.

All these guys released from Millwall, wonder if we'll take a punt on them- seem to remember we were in for Pidgeley last year?

All these guys released from Millwall, wonder if we'll take a punt on them- seem to remember we were in for Pidgeley last year?

Pidgeley was here last summer. Fairly certain we couldn't agree terms/ he thinks he's too good for the likes of us.

If Lasley, Klimples, Buzz and Shug all move we are fucked!! Especially with McGhee saying the youth squad is where the majority of our squad is coming from.

We NEED new influence in the team, I have said before too we also NEED some foreign influence - The Scottish game is so primitive we need some flair - what is the problem with getting some half decent Portuguese 19 year olds from their second division or the like??? I'll guarentee you they will be better than Darren Smith or Marc Fitzpatrick!!

Come on 'Well, cast the net!!!

Spot on.

If we are finally going to have a pitch suitable for playing quick passing football then we sure as hell better get some pace and passers signed up. The players talked about leaving are some of our best passers. For me, the defence is reasonable comfortable on the ball but beyond that it's weak technically.

I'd be surprised if Motherwell really scout europe. Klimpl (looks Scottish) and Krysiak aside, there aren''t any other foreign players in the squad. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the squad is mostly made up of young scottish lads but maybe they would benefit from some foreign influence/experience in the squad.

For me the team needs some pace and craft.

With money tight there should be big clubs loaning like the good old RBS.

Well regarding the talk of Morais:

Inverness winger Filipe Morais will quit the relegated club. The 23-year-old is weighing up offers from the SPL and England.

So, I am guessing St Johnstone may well be one of the SPL clubs, and perhaps us as well?

Big Boab : -

Meanwhile, Motherwell midfielder Bob Malcolm has revealed he is quitting Fir Park for Australian side Brisbane Roar because of sectarian abuse.

The former Ranger said: "I've had enough of walking along a street in Glasgow and someone shouting ya dirty Orange b*****d' in my face.

"It's the main reason for me wanting to go to Australia.

"I was asked to go last year but didn't want to miss out on Europe with Motherwell. Now is the right time to move on.

"I feel I have done everything there is to do in Scotland."

Obviously breaking the Guiness "Number of Skelfs in yer Buttocks" World Record was the last 'thing' he had to do.

European football lasted long for him. Having said that he got onto the pitch I suppose, more than he did for the rest of the season right enough.

I hear that SemiChem may have to start shutting down stores now that Bob isn't going to be in to buy a dozen tweezers every week.

St Johnstone was looking at Gallacher but the Pars are looking for a significant fee for him and he's on substantial wages. Given that they've discontinued their interest.

If Dunfermline want to trim their outgoings they're going the wrong way about it.

1.5K a month is substantial in the First but surely not in the SPL, although if you add that to Fraser's wage when only one of them is going to be playing at one time it can add unnecessary cost.

Saying that I don't blame Dunfermline for holding out for as long as possible, I think he would do the business down in the Championship/League One as well.

Im sure the daily express reported St Johnstone were in for Paul Gallacher "but could still face competition from Motherwell'.

Dont know about the express but it was definetly in the star beginning of last week,also said if st johnstone didnt get him they would go for linfield keeper alan mannus another 1 of our targets recently if i remember correctly.St johnstone must have same scouts we have every player we look at so do they......

St johnstone must have same scouts we have every player we look at so do they......

Firstly, £1.5k per week is a decent wage for an SPL team outwith the current top 6. In other words, the Pars are continuing to pay some of their players decent SPL wages. Not sustainable in their position.

Its highly unlikely that the usual suspects (Killie, St Mirren, Hamilton, Falkirk, St Johnstone, Dundee etc) won't know about this level of player. If one club knows about an available player you can rest assured the rest will as well. I would think it'll be unlikely that we'll sign anyone in the summer that the others aren't aware of. There are exceptions of course.

Players like Scott MacDonald, Richie Foran, although unknown to you or I before coming to us were well known to the other clubs. These days agents will send out blanket mailshots to virtually every similar club in Britain, or perhaps further afield.

Teams as diverse as Crewe, Grimsby, Wrexham and Dundee will know far more about our own under 19s than Well fans will.