Latest Rumour

Alfaman

we've just had a phonecall at the house from someone (who definitely doesn't post on here) with good contacts inside fir park saying it's going to be staunton.

i remain sceptical but i wouldn't rule it out.

But why? You can build a case for Luc, McCallister, Sanchez etc but Staunton's record is out and out rotten.

Sorry Trafficlight. You just got in there before me!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the source is obviously breaking Motherwell Internal Policy if he doesn't want to be named. Even that or it is bull shit like almost everything else in silly season.

That's like me blabbing on about Livingston FC v Pearce Flynn or Colquhoun v Heart of Midlothian Football Club or East Fife Football Club - Judicial Review in Causa of the Appeal against the Decision of the SFA Disciplinary Panal regarding Kevin Fotheringham because I worked for the law firm that did all the work for one side or the other in that case

Is it your time of the month?

And did you REALLY have to write your second bit or are you just trying to sound like a billy big baws!!

EDIT: Looks like Eddie has already nailed you on that one :notworthy:

I feel sick.

whoever gets it we need to get behind them. and that even goes for folk in america :notworthy: no bad vibes!

whoever it is in the dug out two weeks tomorrow will be getting a good reception from me. although i only waited 160 minutes to shout maplas must go.

I think, the sheer fact we are being linked with names like McAllister, Staunton and Sanchez, and the fact they've openly admitted they want the job, shows you just how much the profile of Motherwell has been raised that these international calibre managers are wanting a shot at the helm.

Best of luck to whoever gets it I say, we're in for a helluva ride.

Staunton was a fantastic player, but i just dont see what he has as a manager and doesent excite me at all. I've got a feeling we'l end up passing over luc a good few times and he'l end up one of the best managers in europe.

staughton would be a strange appointment, given his lack of managerial or even as a coach experience. All appointments are a risk, but if the club is going to take a risk, surely, its got to be with a guy has a previous connection with the club, i.e. Big Luc, or Mac.

Is it your time of the month?

And did you REALLY have to write your second bit or are you just trying to sound like a billy big baws!!

EDIT: Looks like Eddie has already nailed you on that one :D

tbf I did say it in past tense :evilgrin:

Of course Eddie did, he's my personal troll ^_^

I think, the sheer fact we are being linked with names like McAllister, Staunton and Sanchez, and the fact they've openly admitted they want the job, shows you just how much the profile of Motherwell has been raised that these international calibre managers are wanting a shot at the helm.

That is true actually. We have had a lot of exposure recently and it would seem we are, in the eyes of outsiders, a 'bigger' club than we were a few years ago.

I am shocked at the names mentioned to be honest. When you consider Hibs got John Hughes and Falkirk are getting Eddie May!! Both similar or bigger clubs than ourselves!

That is true actually. We have had a lot of exposure recently and it would seem we are, in the eyes of outsiders, a 'bigger' club than we were a few years ago.

I am shocked at the names mentioned to be honest. When you consider Hibs got John Hughes and Falkirk are getting Eddie May!! Both similar or bigger clubs than ourselves!

Would rather have Eddie May than John Hughes to be fair. Done wonders with Falkirk Youth. Any chance us nicking Brian McClair from Manchester United ^_^