Llanelli Ticket Information

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually according to UEFA Stadium Regulations 2006 Article 16. Point 2 reads:

The use of temporary stands is prohibited.

Although point 1 of the same article would put our O'Donnell Stand (North and South) out of use as it reads:

Seats for spectators must be individual, fixed (e.g. to the floor), separated from one

another, shaped, numbered, made of an unbreakable and non-flammable material

and have a backrest of a minimum height of 30 cm when measured from the seat

Although again same Article, if I read this right Terracing is allowed in the First Qualifying Round... Unless they have changed where it says Round 2, now reads round 1.

Sorry for quoting myself (please don't give me a warning wellfan1984)

Later in the regulations it sates :

Category 1 stadiums must provide a grandstand with 200 seats (Stebo passes this)

Category 2 &3 must provide a grandstand with 3000 seats (Stebo disnae)

Now I'm no Columbo but by deduction does that not mean Stebo must be a category 1 stadium and thus can host matches in front of standing spectators??

Now for the bucket of water, does Stebo have terracing? and a local council certificate for terracing??

Glad to see the bigwigs at UEFA have their priorities right at a time when clubs are going bust all the time while players get paid a disgusting 130 grand a week. Can't wait until football implodes on itself. 'Mon the 30cm backrests.

I read their forum last night and there's lots of talk about - yeah but would MFC guarantee 1500 or 2000 tickets if we switched. A lot of really decent guys on there to be fair.

Simple answer to that particular point is - stop fucking about and get the tickets up here and we'll sell the tickets on Manday and Tuesday before a ball's kicked in the first leg never mind the second.

I'm saying that based on a presumption on my part that I think they're a bit sceptical about our numbers and are a bit caught in two minds on whether they want to make money from a game they are expected to lose or whether they actually think have a chance of an upset.

If it's the latter fair play to them - they must stick by the decision they have made, regardless of how it goes at Airdrie and I wish them all the best. Don't change your mind if it goes Pete Tong. I think personally it will be closer than folk think - but that's a gamble that Llanelli AFC need to weigh up.

They also need to deal with a good few hundred well fans who will travel regardless - that's not always a good situation.

Bottom line here is following Nancy and Inverurie a fair number of Well fans will be on the verge of telling them to shove it anyway as to be honest - through no fault of MFC's these ticketing scrambles are becoming a bit tedious. Llanelli of course are unaware of this (and it's not their fault either) - however iI think it's something the might like to become aware of - because i think for a lot of well fans our patience is being stretched.

So with yesterday evening - all of today and most of tomorrow (until the clubs meet) for the relationship between us and the fans and officials of Llanelli AFC will sour a bit and yet again the enjoyment will be taken off a football spectacle that should have been a brilliant coming together of two wee british clubs.

All because fuds running football clubs stinking of self preservation - dont have the balls to try and win a football game in front of all the supporters that want to go when they have the means at their disposal.

I'm hoping that something sensible gets sorted out today. Although it appears like the officials of Llanelli have fired one across our bows outwith the agreed timescales as they want to show their displeasure at us not switching legs.

It's their shout.

Simple answer to that particular point is - stop fucking about and get the tickets up here and we'll sell the tickets on Manday and Tuesday before a ball's kicked in the first leg never mind the second.

Maybe they can't send us tickets when they haven't decided the venue yet.

MFC could sell us away leg ticket vouchers for £20, and that would give Llanelli a guarantee of income before they print tickets or decide the venue. Then if the first leg kills the game they still get their money. Problem there is that MFC would have to organise voucher sales/distribution and ticket distribution for the same match in a short period of time.

Of course, if they're keeping it at their home ground because they want the advantage if the tie is still undecided, then no argument with that.

Maybe they can't send us tickets when they haven't decided the venue yet.

MFC could sell us away leg ticket vouchers for £20, and that would give Llanelli a guarantee of income before they print tickets or decide the venue. Then if the first leg kills the game they still get their money. Problem there is that MFC would have to organise voucher sales/distribution and ticket distribution for the same match in a short period of time.

Of course, if they're keeping it at their home ground because they want the advantage if the tie is still undecided, then no argument with that.

You misunderstood my point

On their forum some of their guys were a bit sceptical that we would bring 2000 even if they did change to the bigger venue - particularly if Motherwell win the first leg they were asking if John Boyle would guarantee the cash up front.

My answer to that particular point would be - confirm the change of venue and send the tickets up today and sell them befor a ball is kicked. Right now we're all fired up to go down.

As I said in the post though, whether they switch or not is up to them.

I think that they don't believe the numbers will travel and they're wavering

A small town of 46,000...invaded by potentially 2,000 ticketless well fans..

Common sense must prevail. Alot of people myself included have booked hotels and flights. We will be going regardless of the ticket situation.

You misunderstood my point

Actually, I don't think I did.

They don't want to commit to changing the venue because they can't guarantee enough of an attendance to justify it. Your suggestion only gives them the guarantee of income AFTER they have already committed to the change in venue, so they may still stand to lose out.

My suggestion (or theirs that JB guarantees the cash - not that I think that's viable) gives them the guaranteed income BEFORE they change venue.

OK - I still don't think you're getting it exactly.

However it doesn't matter, they've confirmed on their website that its at their own park anyway before the agreed Thursday meeting - so it's all irrellevant. That's bad show for a kick off - and I think anyone looking at Flows diplomatic posts yesterday could imagine him shaking his head in disbelief at the same time behind the scenes.

For every event there comes a time where you chose a venue based on the intelligence you have and release tickets. No other concert, football match works on a guarantee basis - so they'll have to at some point either grow a set or play safe.

No worries mate

Common sense must prevail. Alot of people myself included have booked hotels and flights. We will be going regardless of the ticket situation.

Spot on!

This is something that hasn't really been mentioned. Many of us have already booked flights and hotels which are non-refundable and will end up travelling with or without tickets.

If this shitey wee pub team have any sense they will do their utmost to accomodate everyone who wants in or it could be less than pretty by the end of the night.

All this because they couldn't accept the luck of the draw. What a bunch of greetin faced wee weans!

If this shitey wee pub team have any sense they will do their utmost to accomodate everyone who wants in or it could be less than pretty by the end of the night.

Aside from the fact that you've just done his team talk for their manager, now you're suggesting it'll be "less pretty" if they don't let everybody in. Suggesting what? Violence? Aye, they're really going to want to move to the bigger stadium to let more Motherwell supporters down now, aren't they...?

Lol so it's bigger than Motherwell, i'm sure it'll cope.

All this because they couldn't accept the luck of the draw. What a bunch of greetin faced wee weans!

Erm , havent they accepted it and made their decision - to play it at their own home ? Motherwell fans are spoiled, we get a ticket for most games easily enough even cup finals but when it comes to Stranraer , Inverurie and wherever else and there's a scramble folk get their Billy Bigtime heads on and start whinging.

If we drew Villa or Everton in this tournament would we move it to Hampden just to please them and their large following.

Aside from the fact that you've just done his team talk for their manager, now you're suggesting it'll be "less pretty" if they don't let everybody in. Suggesting what? Violence? Aye, they're really going to want to move to the bigger stadium to let more Motherwell supporters down now, aren't they...?

I somehow doubt my post on an unofficial fans forum will be pinned to the Llanelli changing room wall so lets not get overly dramatic.

My previous post is certainly not a suggestion that anyone will go there purely to cause trouble. My fear is that a small element who will be pissed and hyped-up will have nowhere to to go other than the boozer for the entire day. To most, this doesn't pose an issue but the sad reality is that all supports have a bawbag element and a minor incident can spark something more serious especially given that many, including myself, feel (rightly or wrongly) that if there are insufficient tickets available for the match it will be down to the spiteful thinking of Llanelli.

In my own opinion, I reckon it'd be better for all concerned if everyone who wanted to see the game could do so. I'm sure that would ensure good relations between both sets of fans and also provide a break from the all day piss-up which, from experience, away euro trips tend to be.

Erm , havent they accepted it and made their decision - to play it at their own home ? Motherwell fans are spoiled, we get a ticket for most games easily enough even cup finals but when it comes to Stranraer , Inverurie and wherever else and there's a scramble folk get their Billy Bigtime heads on and start whinging.

If we drew Villa or Everton in this tournament would we move it to Hampden just to please them and their large following.

I think Fir Park is big enough to cope with the likes of Villa and Everton, so naw, we wouldnt move it.

I think Fir Park is big enough to cope with the likes of Villa and Everton, so naw, we wouldnt move it.

It would be if we gave them less tickets than they wanted

Llanelli think their place is big enough to cope with us

Folk wont travel across the dual carriageway to Hamilton then start stamping their feet when they cant get a ticket for South Wales :lol:

It would be if we gave them less tickets than they wanted

Llanelli think their place is big enough to cope with us

Folk wont travel across the dual carriageway to Hamilton then start stamping their feet when they cant get a ticket for South Wales :lol:

As an outsider, why is that? I noticed in the 2 derbies at NDP this year there was only a few hundred Mwell fans when you would expect a full stand.

Aside from the fact that you've just done his team talk for their manager, now you're suggesting it'll be "less pretty" if they don't let everybody in. Suggesting what? Violence?
Llanelli is Welsh rugby town. Only a complete idiot would mess with a bunch of Welsh rugby players.

The grey area is why they, seemingly, have decided to play the game at home and neither you or I know for certain what their motivation was. The cronological order of events (i.e. them asking to swap the ties, us refusing and then them refusing to move the game to accomodate our travelling support) may all be coincidence, it may be more financially rewarding for them or it may be a spiteful tactic. Who knows?

Your sweeping statement "Motherwell fans are spoiled" is garbage. We want to see our team play. Any seasoned supporter will tell you we don't get into Europe that often so I can understand if folks get a bit agitated at the thought of missing such an occassion.

Your point about drawing Villa, Everton, etc isn't valid as:

1. They're both unlikely to bring 10,000+ to an away game therefore Fir Park would be fine.

and

2. You can be sure that any decision we'd make about a venue for a "big" match would be based purely on finance and giving us the best possible chance of progressing. I remain unconvinced that thats the case here.

As an outsider, why is that? I noticed in the 2 derbies at NDP this year there was only a few hundred Mwell fans when you would expect a full stand.

I think being charged £20+ to sit in that shitehole may have had something to do with it!?

Llanelli is Welsh rugby town. Only a complete idiot would mess with a bunch of Welsh rugby players.

Nevermind the rugby players , i heard Llanelli is where the biggest Pot Noodle mine is too. Tough boys

PS Rugby players are poofs , they only play so they can put their hands and heads between each others legs - FACT.

I'm glad I can't go to the away leg now. Takes all this worrying over tickets we had for Nancy away from me. Also has the added bonus of not being attempted to be intimidated by all the hard men you never see at games anymore trying to fight everyone in sight for no reason.