Gannon And The Press

steelboy

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've seen the interview, how will the Sun or Record sensationalise it?

"REYNOLDS SET FOR [insert Bigot Brother Here] SWITCH"

"The [insert Shite Paper Here] can exclusively reveal that Motherwell's highly rated stopper Mark Reynolds is on the verge of a sensational switch to the Glasgow giant. When asked about his future, he didn't say that he doesn't want to go to [insert Bigot Brother Here]. It's thought that they will swoop for the 19 year old, who has played over 400 games for Motherwell since breaking through to the first team 5 years ago. Growing up in Motherwell, Reynolds has of course always wanted a move to [insert Bigot Brother Here] and that dream looks set to become a reality."

In all seriousness, I thought both Reynolds and Gannon handled their interviews very well and said all the right things. It's also good to see that John Barnes didn't attempt to bait the manager or get into an argument like some of the other "journos" in the country.

In all seriousness, I thought both Reynolds and Gannon handled their interviews very well and said all the right things. It's also good to see that John Barnes didn't attempt to bait the manager or get into an argument like some of the other "journos" in the country.

I'd wager Mr Gannon would be a harder punch than Jim McLean :nod:

JG speaks.......

Motherwell boss Jim Gannon looks to keep loan star trio at Fir Park

Nov 27 2009 Anthony Haggerty

Jim Gannon has started talks aimed at keeping all three of his loan signings at Motherwell until the end of the season.

Everton striker Lucas Jutkiewicz, Goodison keeper John Ruddy and Charlton defender Yassin Moutaoukil are due to go back to England in January but Gannon wants them to stay longer. He has left messages with Everton boss Davie Moyes regarding his pair and has spoken with Moutaoukil's agent.

Fir Park boss Gannon said: "All three have done brilliantly since coming here.

"We want to start dialogue about extending their deals over the next couple of weeks.

"They are delighted with how things have gone and if there is no other opportunity out there for them I am sure they will all be happy to stay."

Motherwell play host to Dundee United tomorrow and Gannon will meet up again with Jon Daly, his former Stockport team-mate. Daly scored in United's 2-1 home win over Celtic last week and Well will be acutely aware of the threat he and his United colleagues pose at set-pieces.

Gannon said: "United have a strong physical presence and a hard-working midfield and forward line.

"I was in the Stockport team when Jon made his debut. We had an influx of Irish players and as the senior Irishman I gave them a warm welcome.

"Jon was an exceptional prospect in his younger days and I am delighted to see him back in action and scoring a trademark goal against Celtic.

"He has the potential still to be a top player."

Clyde 1 just played Gannon's latest interview and he's had another go at the hacks AND the referees this time.

Basically he said that the refs are bringing the game into disrepute and the 'hacks' have no right to comment as they have never been footballers themselves.

Keevins isn't impressed by his conduct. :lol:

Gannon's proggie notes were first class. As I've always said, Hacks are trained to put sentences together in a certain manner, all of a sudden they think their view on fitba' gemmes are all important yet they know as much as we do about the game, and sometimes a whole lot less as is blatantly obvious week after week.

And the response was.........we responded!

That's a definitive answer to his complaints then! :nod:

While I think there's little doubt that Gannon does have very good points about the standard of refereeing and the media in this country there are times when I think that I'd prefer he stopped telling everyone else in Scottish football how to go about their business and just focus on managing Motherwell.

Basically he said that the refs are bringing the game into disrepute and the 'hacks' have no right to comment as they have never been footballers themselves.

Remember when football managers say this they are also saying that fans don't have the right to question them. It's a complete bullshit argument.

Fans will applaud any pop at the media but its time we started actually looking at what Gannon is saying - and a lot of it is slightly worrying.

Remember when football managers say this they are also saying that fans don't have the right to question them. It's a complete bullshit argument.

Fans will applaud any pop at the media but its time we started actually looking at what Gannon is saying - and a lot of it is slightly worrying.

But we aren't getting paid for talking shite about a subject we only know from the outside, are we?

But we aren't getting paid for talking shite about a subject we only know from the outside, are we?

what's getting paid got to do with the validity of anyone's opinions? if you take gannon's comment that football writers can't be well enough informed about the game to express a valid opinion then by extension fans must be in the same boat.

someone could quite easily pay you to produce the fanzine but it wouldn't make your opinions any more or less informed.

what's getting paid got to do with the validity of anyone's opinions? if you take gannon's comment that football writers can't be well enough informed about the game to express a valid opinion then by extension fans must be in the same boat.

He wouldnt be far wrong either. 90% of football fans know fuck all about football.

He wouldnt be far wrong either. 90% of football fans know fuck all about football.

by the same extension there are managers, players and pundits who do a good job of projecting that they know the exact same fuck all.

and as the old saying goes he who plays three centrebacks away to st mirren in the cup should not cast the first stone.

someone could quite easily pay you to produce the fanzine but it wouldn't make your opinions any more or less informed.

You sticking up for tired old hacks ahead of Gannon now? FFS fitba's tribal, it's us against them and journos are one of the most hated enemies of fitba' fans but you put your dislike of our manager ahead of that? I've always maintainted journos know fuck all about the game yet they're paid to write some amount of shite. If they stuck to the actual fitba' they might get on but they force their ignorant opinions on us when they're not worth tuppence. There are exception of course but overall that's a pretty accurate generalisation IMO.

Obviously there's more than just me who think along those lines

If you hadn't put your cards on the table regarding our manager already I'd say you had a point. Now I just think it's another stick to beat him with.

And for what it's worth I think you've proved Al B's point :woop::P

You sticking up for tired old hacks ahead of Gannon now? FFS fitba's tribal, it's us against them and journos are one of the most hated enemies of fitba' fans but you put your dislike of our manager ahead of that? I've always maintainted journos know fuck all about the game yet they're paid to write some amount of shite. If they stuck to the actual fitba' they might get on but they force their ignorant opinions on us when they're not worth tuppence. There are exception of course but overall that's a pretty accurate generalisation IMO.

Obviously there's more than just me who think along those lines

If you hadn't put your cards on the table regarding our manager already I'd say you had a point. Now I just think it's another stick to beat him with.

And for what it's worth I think you've proved Al B's point :P:P

Absolutely.

Even if Gannon was in the wrong (and he's not as far as I'm concerned), he's rattled the cage of that slimy bastard Hugh Keevins et al and that's good enough for me. :woop: