Even Approach

Orinoco

See Hamilton's game is off again because of a frozen pitch. It seems certain teams are making no attempt to get their games on, and nothing is being said by the authorities.

Utd have alot of injuries and apparently cant get a game on, yet their neighbours across the road can?

So where is the outcry from the media?

See Hamilton's game is off again because of a frozen pitch. It seems certain teams are making no attempt to get their games on, and nothing is being said by the authorities.

Utd have alot of injuries and apparently cant get a game on, yet their neighbours across the road can?

You'll need to wait till we call a game off on our horror pitch

Allegedly the Hamilton pitch is frozen as the undersoil heating is broken and it cant be fixed because the pitch is frozen :doh: you could not make it up. Motherwell got slaughtered last season for the state of the pitch and problems with the pitch heating, so why no SFA investigation this time.

Allegedly the Hamilton pitch is frozen as the undersoil heating is broken and it cant be fixed because the pitch is frozen :lol: you could not make it up. Motherwell got slaughtered last season for the state of the pitch and problems with the pitch heating, so why no SFA investigation this time.
Its a conspiracy :doh:

somethings not right in my opinion. Folk are to scared to speak out these days because they get accused of being paranoid and are made to look stupid.

The other week when we were supposed to play dundee took the piss. Called off in the week but by the time Saturday came the roads were clear but again people wont speak out because they are made to look like fools by folk knowingly or unknowingly protecting the powers that be. Like it or not, the clubs and police are using the weather to there advantage and calling games off far far to easily.

Also I think we just have to accept we have been living with Siberian temperatures for about a month and still trying to play football games in it. Its never going to work.

Our game with Rangers is a doubt due to the streets around Fir Park being covered in about an inch of ice that will not be moving at all this week.

There must be some short memories on here if we are having a go at other clubs after the shit heap we expected players to play on for the last 2 seasons

It's the opposite I think. Folk remember only too well the sustained criticism for the media, other clubs, and supporters of other teams about our pitch and stadium. We've had punishments levied against by the SPL in fact.

Clearly clubs are at the mercy of the police and local authorities as regards the exterior of their stadium but lets take Hamilton Accies as one example.

One of the criticisms made previously was that Hamilton could get games on when Motherwell couldn't and they were only two miles away or so.

Yet this isn't the first time their undersoil heating has failed. Remember last season for example they had to knock a few feet off of the wings because a section of their pitch was frozen when the USH chucked it.

Now we have their Celtic and Hibs game gone too and talk of remedial work to remedy the fault being delayed - because the pitch is frozen meaning our game there may also be in some doubt.

Ofcourse our pitch was absolutely shocking for long spells of the previous couple of seasons but in terms of postponements because of USH and related pitch protection problems there cannot be much of a gap between Fir Park and some clubs now.

But the call for ludicrously large fines? Points deductions? Banishment to the SFL? :thumbup:

somethings not right in my opinion. Folk are to scared to speak out these days because they get accused of being paranoid and are made to look stupid.

The other week when we were supposed to play dundee took the piss. Called off in the week but by the time Saturday came the roads were clear but again people wont speak out because they are made to look like fools by folk knowingly or unknowingly protecting the powers that be. Like it or not, the clubs and police are using the weather to there advantage and calling games off far far to easily.

i travelled over 2000 miles for the game and there was no way i was not going up.make your own mind up?

726069fc.jpg

:dash2:

Also I think we just have to accept we have been living with Siberian temperatures for about a month and still trying to play football games in it. Its never going to work.

Our game with Rangers is a doubt due to the streets around Fir Park being covered in about an inch of ice that will not be moving at all this week.

Most of the roads are fine around fir park. Yea there's some dodgy bits but an inch is a little bit of an exaggeration :dash2:

Anyway a wee bit of grit and scrape they will be ok. That's the thing though en it..... No one at the club will do anything about the roads.

Nothing wrong with pulling over a gritter man and asking him to give the roads around fir park a little bit of special treatment. In fact i will pull one over when out with the dogs tonight. You can only ask cant you. Probably tell me to fuck off mind :O

Most of the roads are fine around fir park. Yea there's some dodgy bits but an inch is a little bit of an exaggeration :O

Anyway a wee bit of grit and scrape they will be ok. That's the thing though en it..... No one at the club will do anything about the roads.

Nothing wrong with pulling over a gritter man and asking him to give the roads around fir park a little bit of special treatment. In fact i will pull one over when out with the dogs tonight. You can only ask cant you. Probably tell me to fuck off mind :O

Given that we'll be going in against Rangers with no experienced coaching staff about the place, might I suggest that most Motherwell fans might want you to tell the gritterman to leave Fir Park well enough alone. Some might be quite happy if Knowetop Avenue is deemed to hazardous for travel on Sunday... :dash2:

Allegedly the Hamilton pitch is frozen as the undersoil heating is broken and it cant be fixed because the pitch is frozen :dash2: you could not make it up. Motherwell got slaughtered last season for the state of the pitch and problems with the pitch heating, so why no SFA investigation this time.

Dundee United should be investigated definitely as their neighbours could get a game on.

Whhooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

I must have misinterepreted those posts as being tongue in cheek steve eh.

I do have a bit of sympathy for both clubs. Dundee had four inches of snow on Sunday so to compare the situation between Saturday and Tuesday is ludicrous. And as the police made the decision United have no case to answer in my view.

The Accies is a more interesting case. They have been unable to use their heating because of a burst pipe beside the boiler. Sure they are genuine and sure it has cost them more money but had that been Motherwell with our previous would we get away with it? Don't know is the answer.

But had the Accies game gone ahead last night nobody would have gone. It was -10 and even I would wonder about going to watch a game in that temperature.

I do have a bit of sympathy for both clubs. Dundee had four inches of snow on Sunday so to compare the situation between Saturday and Tuesday is ludicrous. And as the police made the decision United have no case to answer in my view.

It wasn't just that though - there was a fair bit of snow on the Tannadice surface, and that was cited as being a contributory factor in cancelling the fixture.

The Accies is a more interesting case. They have been unable to use their heating because of a burst pipe beside the boiler. Sure they are genuine and sure it has cost them more money but had that been Motherwell with our previous would we get away with it? Don't know is the answer.

Accie have previous. Remember last season around this time they had to narrow the pitch because their undersoil heating failed and one side of the pitch was frozen solid.

It wasn't just that though - there was a fair bit of snow on the Tannadice surface, and that was cited as being a contributory factor in cancelling the fixture.

WHen they callled off the Rangers game the first time they said the pitch failed a pitch inspection but could be made playable if the police had agreed the surrounding area was safe but they didn't. I don't know if things have changed since then.