2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

1342872601[/url]' post='351223']

You'd have to laugh at the irony or you'd cry if Jennings signs for Rangers after we can't afford him because they went bust.

Not so sure that's the case... The club made him a very good offer, his wish was that he didn't want to play in Scotland. We can copyright his agent on that score yes.gif

Be disappointed if he did try his luck in Govan though.

Heard a strong rumour we've agreed to sell Jamie Murphy. To whom, I don't know but person who told me seemed quite sure it was a done deal..

Not to doubt you but IF we had agreed to sell Murphy I imagine we'd be getting a decent wedge, 200k upwards. As a club desperate for money, if we had that money coming do you really think we would risk him getting injured in a friendly and them potentially pulling the plug..

Erm, naw. The fellow you suggest was the agent of the goal machine...

Jonni (the guy behind hammerfist) was not only Estebans agent but Craig Broons as well.... He dealt with Jenno as well

can name a number of players whos agent he was

Jonni (the guy behind hammerfist) was not only Estebans agent but Craig Broons as well..

Well, if that's legit then its a mystery solved, I guess. Terrible.

Am I the only one not keen on loaning Kerr? Nothing against the lad, thought he looked good yesterday but am I right in saying he did play for us, a bigger team comes sniffing and he's off. What's the difference between this and the slane situation, apart from that slane went to Celtic? I'd much rather focus on bringing our own young boys through than someone else's, especially given the situation.

Unless he's head and shoulders above the likes of Page and Cummins, it does seem a strange decision to bring someone in on loan in that position particularly if we sign Ramsden. We'd then have Saunders, Hutchison, Page, Ramsden and Cummins. Although part of me suspects we're selling Hutchinson and that's why we haven't used him this pre-season.

I'd imagine there are midfielders in a similar situation that we could get that would offer us cover in an area we're short. We only really have Lasley, Law and Carswell there...

Am I the only one not keen on loaning Kerr? Nothing against the lad, thought he looked good yesterday but am I right in saying he did play for us, a bigger team comes sniffing and he's off. What's the difference between this and the slane situation, apart from that slane went to Celtic? I'd much rather focus on bringing our own young boys through than someone else's, especially given the situation.

good point mate and I agree with what your saying but it has to be said he looked a decent player.

I touched upon it above but has it occurred to anyone that Hutchinson's continued absence might be down to the fact he's being sold.

Not saying it's the case but the thought has crossed my mind. Anyone else have the same thought..?

Stuart McCall mentioned in his post match interview that Hutchinson's just started running again after injury.

I don't disagree we need cover but for me central midfield would be the priority...

Not so sure I agree with you there. We all know Lasley can do the job and Law was superb there yesterday. Carswell has never let us down and in a full game on Tuesday and the 20 minutes he got yesterday the boy Hetherington looks better than the kid he is. Throw in that Hateley can play there too though I do prefer him at right back I think the centre half issue is number one priority.

Carswell has never let us down and in a full game on Tuesday and the 20 minutes he got yesterday the boy Hetherington looks better than the kid he is.

Both lads are promising but have a bit to go. They are young after all. Stuart Carswell struggled a bit in some games last season and Steve Hetherington looks good going forward but needs to brush up on his defensive skills and positional awareness - if you were at Starks Park last week you'll know what I mean.

Not so sure I agree with you there. We all know Lasley can do the job and Law was superb there yesterday. Carswell has never let us down and in a full game on Tuesday and the 20 minutes he got yesterday the boy Hetherington looks better than the kid he is. Throw in that Hateley can play there too though I do prefer him at right back I think the centre half issue is number one priority.

Based on the fact that Ramsden looks likely to sign, for me defence isn't a priority. A centre midfielder or a replacement for Murphy would top the list.

If I'd told you last season we'd lose Jennings and Clancy, who would you have wanted to replace most..?

I really like the look of Hetherington but at present we don't have anyone capable of replacing Jennings. Replacing our key player over the last 2.5 years is priority for me.

Re Hutchison, have no doubts he is injured. Had Watford not had a takeover though, he'd probably have been on his way there after they sold their centre half.

Reading between the lines, I'd say Randolph is closest to the exit. Hollis has had a fair amount of game time.