2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

From the BBC transfer deadline page.

"Motherwell fans can rest easy. We understand that manager Stuart McCall has gone home, while the chairman and chief executive are not at Fir Park. So we can fairly safely assume that Well are closed for business, either in or out, for this transfer window. Unless Real Madrid offer a few million quid for Keith Lasley!"

Browni - aye I saw that but why? A bit strange unless it was for charity?!

Yeh I don't get it at all. Why those guys? Was it a fundraiser?

Frazzie has answered for you.

It says on the official site that they won the opportunity so I assumed it would have been part of a raffle or an auction.

ETA: Seems like it was an auction

We will also have an auction not to be missed, with some of the most incredible ‘money can’t buy’ experiences that any ‘Well fan would love.

from http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2013/11/20/annual-sportsmans-dinner-2013/

1391247261[/url]' post='405319']

So transfer deadline passed with nobody out or in, i got the impression that SMC was not looking to add to the squad. Was that down to the clubs finances or did he think there was nobody available on our wage structure that would improve the team

blink.gif That's one and the same thing is it not?

Budget exhausted retaining Anier & Ainsworth so disagree SMC was not looking to add to the squad when he did.

This has been done to death. It would have been good to freshen up the squad with additions, arguably only Aberdeen, Ross County & Thistle have strengthened, but, we are where we are finance wise and early cup exits further compound that particular problem.

Time to cherish what we do have as the annual SMC rebuild is just around the corner...

..... and further downsizing.

i don't think we are downsizing, the cost of anier and ainsworth increased so we moved bob and cummins out on loan to balance the books.

if we lost 180k last season then you would expect it to me much worse this season with no cup income and less euro money plus no league sponsorship. there will be room for missteps like 2 year deals for mchugh and cummins and the likes of nielsen, mcfadden and lawson.

i heard that but i didn't believe it.

hutchy has been a long time and he'll be the same as every other player we've had in the bosman era when a good offer comes in.

My take on it was the extension wasnt so we can keep him for another 3years, but to keep him happy until a suitable offer comes in from a club he would be happy to move to.

Regardless, we cant afford to up his wages so its bye bye in the summer for hee haw

My take on it was the extension wasnt so we can keep him for another 3years, but to keep him happy until a suitable offer comes in from a club he would be happy to move to.

Regardless, we cant afford to up his wages so its bye bye in the summer for hee haw

if the offer hasn't come in yet will it ever? the league is on the slide to the extent where stevie may and billy mckay can score 17 by january and no one is interested.

why sign a contract to wait for a bid coming in when he could be a free agent in the summer which makes him more attractive to clubs down south?

£200k would have probably got him?

Even as a squad player for League 1, that's buttons to them. Our league has no cred at all south of the border.

Interesting statement and personally I think its largely down to the media and fans constantly talking the scottish game down and I find that frustrating. There has been plenty of success stories of players making the move south. Yes, failures too but no more than players south of the border moving north and failing to impact.

I also think this negative mentality has an effect on TV deals, sponsorship and so on that the league has struggled with recently.

• Like 1

Yes but that's money we desperately need and I assume no half decent offer came in. Hearts have just sold an untried youngster for £150k and Falkirk got a similar amount for a young player. St. Johnstone reportedly rejected £500k for May.

We don't seem to get these offers but unfortunately we can't force clubs to make bids.