2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I think that players like Burke would look on our record of taking players on and helping them to kick start their career and possibly decide that a drop in wages for a year may be worth it.

Saying that, I won't be holding my breath on that one.

I think that players like Burke would look on our record of taking players on and helping them to kick start their career and possibly decide that a drop in wages for a year may be worth it.

Saying that, I won't be holding my breath on that one.

That's a good shout I for one widdnae mind seein him in claret & amber!!!

Wouldnt think there is much chance of him coming to FP. On far too much money for a start. Plus we have Humphrey at right wing we don't need another.

In saying that he is from Shettleston and is looking for a move closer to home. Could see Hearts or Hibs as a more likely destination.

That's the thing though - right now he's no' on any money. He's on the buroo!

That's a good shout I for one widdnae mind seein him in claret & amber!!!

No chance. I've seen a fair bit of him down here he's had a good season. Reason for 'free' is that Cardiff are unwilling to match his demands and offer him a new contract same goes for Bothroyd to be honest don't see either of them at Fir Park next season.

The Chris Clark rumour is gaining a bit of weight. I don't remember him at all!

I'm not surprised.

He was what I'd call a reasonably typical young Aberdeen (or Hibs) player. Lauded by all the newspapers he was "one of the best young players to come out Pittodrie/Easter Road for many years" (also true of the Young Brothers, Darren Mackie, Alexander Diamond, Danny Lennon, Billy Findlay, Graeme Donald and many many more). However any time I saw him play he never really impressed and I could never fathom out what all the fuss was about. That said he may have improved since I last saw him play.

Latest Beeb Gossip on some of our Usual Suspects

St Mirren are tracking midfielder Stephen Hughes, who is still under contract with Norwich City, and versatile wide man Jim Paterson, who has been released by Plymouth Argyle. (Various)

Dunfermline Athletic are hoping to bring Paul Gallacher back to East End Park, with the goalkeeper out of contract with St Mirren. (Various)

Mothrerwell, St Mirren, and our friends in Aberdeen also in for Stephen Hughes according to Daily Record. Cracking in his first season for us. Not so great in his second. Not sure about this one.

i wouldny mind seeing hughes come back he done well in the first season under mcghee but did nothing in the second though to be fair the whole team struggled that season.if jenno stays then i dont know if we would have the budget to sign hughes but we really need a central midfielder that will look to attack when in possession of the ball so hughes could be the answer and maybe mccall is the man to get the best out him

I like the idea of Chris Clarke. To my memory he was a key part of a very good aberdeen team that came 3rd. When he left Aberdeen got worse and worse.

He's a strong and fast winger so I reckon with him on Humphrey on either wing and Murphy finally moving up front and staying there, thanks to the departure of Sutton, we might have a really balanced side.