2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I agree we will be covered at right back between Hately n Saunders and now also young Devlin. Think we need a left winger (possibly the jamican guy released by Bradford), a centre half, a centre midfielder (possibly Hughes) and 2 or 3 strikers (with Higdon possibly being one) if all players that have been offered contracts accept them and we don't loose anybody else (which I doubt).

Surprised we are not trying to keep Ross or Jeffers.

I would have loved to seen Jeffers after pre season training.

guess McCall has a few players up his sleeve, he has done ok so far.

I'm guessing that a deal would have been struck with Jeffers if he wanted to hang around?

I cant believe some people would be happy to go this season with McHugh and Murphy up front. Two decent prospects i'll grant you but seriously lacking height,weight,games together,in fact i'll go as far as to say there's NO WAY we can play them both as our strike force as we'll be known as Motherwell NIL. <_ . we need at least two strikers to replace the that have left. it not rocket science.>

Not too surprised at any of those who we let go. Maurice Ross was decent, as mentioned above he was terrible against Rangers but other than that he was good, but obviously with Saunders, Hateley, Devlin and Page, the money could definitely be spent elsewhere. Jeffers could have been alright for one more year, but he was always only going to be a stop gap. The rest don't surprise me one bit.

If Craigan and Jennings don't sign I'd say we need two defenders, a centre midfielder, a left winger and two strikers to compete for top six next year.

Michael Higdon?

http://www.stmirren-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/higdon_linked_with_steelmen_680071/index.shtml?

Motherwell are reported to be lining up a move for Saints striker Mchael Higdon. The big forward bagged 15 goals for the Buddies last season but is now out of contract.

Higdon has been offered a new deal at Greenhill Road but his form in the last 12 months was always going to drum up interest from other clubs. He hs been linked with a move back down south, but Motherwell are the first club to be named in connection with the former Falkirk and Crewe man.

Motherwell are on the lookout for a replacement for former Saint John Sutton, who has moved to Hearts, and could see Higdon as the man for the job. However, while the Fir Park outfit can probably offer him more than we can, it's unlikely they'll be the highest bidders.

As things stand we need a right back, centreback/left sided defender. box to box central midfielder, left sided midfielder and 3 strikers, including a big mobile guy who can play on his own up front. That shopping list may of course change as more players leave the club.

I thought Higdon was superb for a team that really struggled last season. I'd be glad to see him in Claret and Amber next season.

I think Page has been good in the games he played, better than Ross and on much less wages I would guess. There are players that need to come through next season. We've lacked a true left midfield player for quite a few seasons, hopefully Pollock will show some promise next season.

Can't argue with Casagolda and Charambulous going, they've not shown anything at all.

The centre midfield area, if Jennings goes, needs serious attention.

McCall has not been too bad so far, hope it continues!

if we do have a few decent wages to give out a striker and a left mid should be the priority.

hateley was poor in centremid this season but he was much better in the games he played with las than with jenno. hopefully after a decent summer break tom will find his form again.

As things stand we need a right back, centreback/left sided defender. box to box central midfielder, left sided midfielder and 3 strikers, including a big mobile guy who can play on his own up front. That shopping list may of course change as more players leave the club.

While I might or might not agree with your assessment of where we're short, a bit of realism is required here. I'd describe your list as "what we'd like to see brought in" not as "needs". Three strikers would be excessive given we have Murphy who can play there. We have two players who are adequate SPL right backs. And I think every club in the SPL could do with the midfielder you described...

Our budget will only stretch so far. We should be looking for players who can perform various roles, similar to Murphy, Gunning and Hateley...

You just know that the goal machine will go on & have a blinder of a season at wherever he ends up. Anyone know what happened to Shivute when he left us?

casagolda will be playing wae the brass button nxt season.big eliphas went to china.i think he broke some sort of record regarding wages,transfer.

I do recall McCall saying in January that he had four strikers on his list and that for various reasons (family reasons, current clubs not getting their own targets) he couldn't get any of them. It definitely sounded at the time as if he thought some of them might be available in the summer..

Not sure why, but I have more faith in McCall than I had in McGhee or Brown to bring in,players that will do a job...