2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Agree with that he is pish. Jeeso have we stooped that low. :wallbash:

I really don't think he is that bad. Fair enough he has had a couple of failed attempts down south, but he has always done well at this level. It's funny how you say "have we stooped that low", do you not remember both Esteban Casagolda and Alan Gow played with us last year?

Still no word on Jennings & tbh i won't be bothered if he goes. Sure he's a good player but he's exactly the same kind of player as Lasley and he spends too many important games suspended. If he goes then his wage can be freed up to sign a more attacking midfielder and bring more balance to the team. Got my tin hat on waiting for all the Jennings lovers to howler their disgust but at the moment we have an abundance of defensive midfielders and no attacking ones.

• Like 1

Between Lasley and Jennings I'd rather lose Lasley. More upside to Jennings and he's younger

I genuinely think Lasley is our most under-rated player, I think he's great. Jennings is always going to go at some point, if its this year then fair play to him, he's been excellent for us.

From Sky sports:

News: Rotherham United manager Andy Scott has toldskysports.com that he expects Adam Le Fondre to stay at the club next season. Le Fondre has been linked with Barnsley and Scunthorpe United, while Scott expects Nicky Law and Ryan Taylor to leave, and has told Mark Bradley and Tom Pope they are surplus to requirements.

Good & bad news? Nicky Law leaving (hopefully to us) but Le Fondre looks like no chance

There was a significant change in us when he went off against Dundee Utd. and continued until he returned, however I would argue that either Hutchison (even half a season) or Randolph.

Check out Lasley's photo on SkySports, is that really him?

I love the wee man, and like most of you I'd like to have his babies too.

However, I think that Jenno is a class apart - in terms of gaining and keeping possession and distribution.

Wee sexy legs throws himself in absolutely no doubt - but I think his combative style although rousing and brilliant to watch - doesn't end up in possession for Motherwell as often as it should.

I've actually watched the wee man regularly getting bums off seats and folk cheering loudly - and we don't end up with the ball.

But like I say splitting hairs - I regularly dream sweet dreams about the wee man just like most - so I'm no worried.

Never player of the season though.

I love the wee man, and like most of you I'd like to have his babies too.

However, I think that Jenno is a class apart - in terms of gaining and keeping possession and distribution.

Wee sexy legs throws himself in absolutely no doubt - but I think his combative style although rousing and brilliant to watch - doesn't end up in possession for Motherwell as often as it should.

I've actually watched the wee man regularly getting bums off seats and folk cheering loudly - and we don't end up with the ball.

But like I say splitting hairs - I regularly dream sweet dreams about the wee man just like most - so I'm no worried.

Never player of the season though.

Quite an accurate description Steve. Someone earlier said Las was the most under-rated player at Fir Park but I think he's the most over-rated.

Whilst he does have a combatitive style of play, I don't think he wins enough balls for him to be described as a defensive midfielder and although he contributed a couple of goals last year he is far from a creative or box to box midfielder. To me Keith is a decent midfielder for a team like us to have. He always puts in the effort and is rightly rewarded for that by being a fans favourite but has weaknesses in his game which many fail to realise (like getting dragged out of position as he is sometimes to over-eager to win the ball back).

If I had to choose between Las or Jenno then to me it would be Jenno everyday of the week.

I should point out, that I wasn't slating Jennings or saying that he wasn't better than Lasley. His passing and touch are absolutely terrific and is something that we've been lucky to have.

Unfortunately though, he will be going at some point. He will be able to earn a better wage elsewhere and thats something that will always be true.

I just felt that Lasley sometimes seems to be forgotten and he does seem to be breaking forward more often. His touch onto Murphy at Tynecastle earlier in the season (One-Nil and we smoked it up) was a player full of confidence. More of that please.

As a Motherwell fan, I can never fault the guys that give everything. Lasley, Humphrey and Sutton were terrific examples of that last season. We're never going to have a team of eleven top class players, sadly, so a bit of quality and plenty of graft is good for me. Hopefully, this boy Nicky Law is that bit of quality in midfield to stand beside Lasley if Jennings goes.

A Rangers supporting mate of mine once described Lasley as our Dado Prso.

His thinking was that Prso wasn't the best at Ibrox at heading, shooting or passing but was decent at every aspect. Lasley isn't maybe the best tackler in our midfield, probably isn't the best passer and isn't going to go beyond the strikers all the time. But he's decent at all these aspects of the game.

If you wanted to be harsh, you could say jack of all trades, master of none but look around the SPL and tell me how many teams outwith the SPL couldn't do with a midfielder like Lasley. He'd walk into four or five teams on the basis that in the SPL, a midfielder that can do a bit of everything who has a good engine is sought after. What that says about the SPL is another matter..

Actually, looking at my description of Lasley's attributes, I could easily be talking about Scott Brown. Just a thought...

You 2 are having a laugh surely?!

Fair enough Brown is a tit and he is imo over rated but he's a £5m player who's played and scored in big games.As much as i prefer Lasley as a person there's no way i wouldn't swap him for Brown and i don't doubt Mccall would say the same.