2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

can we not get back to talking about players in and out???

What about Giles Barnes - On a Free

What about Steven Caldwell - on a free

Pablo Counago - Seen him play 2 years ago, looked great

Is omar daley not available, did we not try sign him in January?

Given that all three will be on about as much as half our team, I'd say that nips all three in the bud as goers.

Daley seems possible, has anyone actually seen him play?

Steven Caldwell has been offered a deal in Scotland but there is no chance we will be in for him.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more speculation given that McCall stated that he was looking at players that were keen on a return to Scotland. I've still got my hopes pinned on Kevin MacDonald should Jennings depart.

A former target of ours, Craig Forsyth, was about to sign for Watford but I imagine that may fall through now with Malky Mackay landing the Cardiff job.

I just hope the club dont take the view as money on here. Players used to be on high wages so we wont even try.

No point in not asking is my view.

Is a fair point, I suppose.

McDonald and Forsyth would be great signings for us. McDonald isn't the fastest of players, but he's very tidy. Be surprised if United aren't throwing money at him to reunite him with Robertson.

To satisfy our selling nature, we need to bring in/through 2-3 youngsters/starlets a season. Nobody has really stepped up from the U-19's other than Carswell, Devlin is a fair bit off the first team and definitely one for the future, however its still early in the recruitment process.

David Robertson is.

Yeah, sorry, Scott Robertson and Kevin McDonald played together at Dundee. Robertson almost looks fit again finally and they played pretty remarkably well as a pair.

so you didn't say this?

Of course I did, but you're just ignoring the fact that following it I said it was a comment based on my opinion of the low quality on the park, rather than any high quality in the fanbase. Disagreeing is fair enough, and i'd expect that...but ignoring half of what I say so that it changes the meaning of the other half is just being contradictory for the sake of it.

you keep coming out with pish like this and saying paddy mccourt is the best player in the spl and i'll keep disagreeing with you.

I didn't, I said naturally gifted footballer...which is hugely different. But again, be selective...change the meaning...contradict...same old same old....

Read McCalls email that the players not back for an other week and half?

for the last few seasons we would be getting ready to play or first game in a week or so. :D

wish he would just announce Jennings is staying and here are 4 new players, not asking for much?

I've been told that he has agreed terms with Motherwell, signed from Rotherham. From what I can gather he is being signed as a potential replacement for Jennings but regardless of whether Jennings goes, he's signing.

Couldn't be bothered reading through threads, so apologies if its already been posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Law_(footballer_born_1988)

Prepare to be merged

With respect to Law, I'm guessing he's out of contract? His Wikipedia page is well out of date. However according to this:

Nicky Law - Rotherham Website

He was in the Division 2 team of the season. Promising for a 23 year old.

Passing resemblance to Hammell, however we can't hire him, his name ain't Steve

Just read a report there (Yorkshire Post I think) that said Rotherham made Law and another dude a very good offer but had expected him to refuse & go and had already received some League 2 interest that included an 'offer'.

Dunno if that was a compo offer as he's under 24 and potentially moving between two english clubs or a bona fide transfer offer.

Maybe it will be another cross border lightening strike for a freebie for us.

Thanks SH - think he was linked with us in the January window as well if I mind right

Nicky-Law-Rotherham-United_2384812.jpg

You should do you posted this image :lol:

extensive posts in the now locked out transfers thread, Tam, I think first spotted it getting mentioned on SSN and other posts followed, including this: scrap that just traced it to WIKI :doh:little gem found by ShottsWellFan

sorry cant quote SWF direct but copied it:

Found this on the Net. Sound like it might be a deal.

On January 24 2011, it became strongly rumoured that Rotherham had accepted a bid from SPL side Motherwell. for the midfielder. Motherwell's manager Stuart McCall, whom Law played under at Bradford, confirmed this:

It is true that we have enquired about Nicky and are making progress with our enquiry. We still need to go over a few things but from speaking to Nick he is up for the challenge and I can't see any reason why the deal won't go through. He is out of contract in the summer so Rotherham have given us the go-ahead. He's certainly a player the fans will like.