2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Also to clarify just after reading Jam20's post there...im more commenting about the talent and ability on the park being lower than it should be for a professional footballer, rather than there being 100's of amazing players sitting in the stands.

There will obvoiusly be loads of guys who were decent but for one reason or another didn't make it, thems just the breaks, but Im not saying there are guys in the stands who should be professionals. Im saying there are guys who are professionals that shouldn't be.

What about Rory McAllister (prob been brought up before)

He's on a free, from Brechin, so not to high a wage, worth a punt to me

I heard a few SPL scouts went along to watch him last season after taking notice of his scoring exploits and without exception their verdict was "this guys is absolutely howlin".

He was dreadful at Inverness Caly and didn't look SPL quality then but I've not seen him myself since then.

Anyway going by what I heard he won't be playing in the SPL any time soon.

Also to clarify just after reading Jam20's post there...im more commenting about the talent and ability on the park being lower than it should be for a professional footballer, rather than there being 100's of amazing players sitting in the stands.

There will obvoiusly be loads of guys who were decent but for one reason or another didn't make it, thems just the breaks, but Im not saying there are guys in the stands who should be professionals. Im saying there are guys who are professionals that shouldn't be.

the idea that there are guys with season tickets (meaning they're not playing on a saturday) who could do a job in the spl is mental. there are right good players who can only make it as far as a good junior or amatuer team so there's very little chance there are people sitting in the stands who are better than them nevermind the guys we're paying to watch.

some delusions of granduer here i think.

• Like 2

I heard a few SPL scouts went along to watch him last season after taking notice of his scoring exploits and without exception their verdict was "this guys is absolutely howlin".

He was dreadful at Inverness Caly and didn't look SPL quality then but I've not seen him myself since then.

Anyway going by what I heard he won't be playing in the SPL any time soon.

Some journalist on Twitter says Aberdeen, Hibs and a league one side are interested. I'd imagine they will all be able to pay more than we can so that would make things difficult on the off chance we are interested.

What about Rory McAllister (prob been brought up before)

He's on a free, from Brechin, so not to high a wage, worth a punt to me

Dunno about now but we did look at him. Suppose we look at a lot of players mind.

He's making good money as a plumber?

You can make good money as a plumber at 50 but you'll no be pro footballer at 50.

If you need help with that decision you don't have the hunger and so you can beat it.

Dont know if this has been mentioned but saw this.....

Real Madrid starlet Jaime Navarro is reportedly set for a trail with Orient after his contract at Bernabeu comes to an end.

Navarro, 20, plays in defence and Madrid teammate Cristiano Ronaldo recommended a move to England would be good for his game. After a trail at Motherwell last month, Navarro will hope to impress Russell Slade at the O's.

the idea that there are guys with season tickets (meaning they're not playing on a saturday) who could do a job in the spl is mental. there are right good players who can only make it as far as a good junior or amatuer team so there's very little chance there are people sitting in the stands who are better than them nevermind the guys we're paying to watch.

Sorry to once again jump into your ongoing mission to try and contradict as many people as you possibly can, but instead of just quoting the post you did...try reading it instead, particularly the last line.

Sorry to once again jump into your ongoing mission to try and contradict as many people as you possibly can, but instead of just quoting the post you did...try reading it instead, particularly the last line.

the last part is as stupid as the rest of it.

do you suggest we start playing 8 or 9 aside because you think players aren't good enough? if whatever players you are referring to weren't professionals who would take their place?

Talking of junior teams, didn't the magnificent DOOOOGIE! play for Shettleston Juniors? He wasn't a bad player, was he? Probably one or two more gems to be found down there!

In fairness to Grehan, he will have cost next to nothing and was up against more or less the best striking line up Motherwell have had in the last ten years. Definitely worth a punt, he could've made the step up, but didn't. Seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

the last part is as stupid as the rest of it.

do you suggest we start playing 8 or 9 aside because you think players aren't good enough? if whatever players you are referring to weren't professionals who would take their place?

If you don't agree, fair enough...there's plenty people that don't. Although It's hardly an unusual viewpoint to think that the standard required to turn professional in this country is lower than it should be.

But to quote a line that actually says "I'm not saying there are guys in the stands who should be professionals", and then try to contradict by saying that it's stupid to suggest there's guys in the stand who should be professionals...doesn't make you sound like you disagree, it makes you sound like a pedantic wee hoop that doesn't pay attention to what people are saying.

I'd expect every single SPL club (possibly outside the Old Firm), has season ticket holders that are better footballers than at least a couple of their first team squad.

so you didn't say this? i'd be interested to know who could walk out the stands and do a job in the spl at fir park, i've not spotted any candidates sitting round me. perhaps there are superstars who unjustly didn't make it in the cooper tho :whistling:

what standard do you think there is for turning proffesional. it's just a numbers game dependent on how much money is in the game at any given point. there is no benchmark of ability required.

you might say i'm a pendantic wee hoop but i come on here to give my opinion. you keep coming out with pish like this and saying paddy mccourt is the best player in the spl and i'll keep disagreeing with you.