Vs Hearts

GazzyB

I think with jeno back in the team we are very solid in midfield which relaxes the strikers and makes the defenders more confident in the ability of the midfield to work alongside them. Ojaama adds a terrific bit of flair but he usually does that, terrific with 10 mins to go ojaama bearing down on the hearts defender and he totally shat it they had to put 3 on him and he still managed to set up the 3rd. This allowed Murphy a lot more freedom and he looked nearly back to his old self, with his running at players causing panic. The topping was his deftly flicked header. Las to me looked slow and didn't have a great game 1st booking deserved 2nd a bit harsh but can see why it was given. Pleasingly we never altered the shape after sending off hitting the bar in amongst other efforts. Hutchinson panicked a few times too many for me and ended up making silly mistakes but played well enough to get away with it. Higdon solid and very effective, should he have scored at the end i dunno it was a very quick ball to try and take. The rest were solid enough with law being the only other 1 to catch the eye, this boy is a real find and i live his drive and willingness to win everything might sound harsh but a lesser ojaama. Does it all but just doesn't have the wee WOW factor ojaama does.

All in all a very competent clinical win, we rarely looked really troubled apart from the hearts shot in the 1st halve where poor finishing only denied them. However we never really upped the gears drastically and always looked to have that in reserve if required. I thought we would pump saints and draw with hearts :blink: But i'm more than happy with the run coming up if were are now better at home than away.

Loved the 2nd half performance from us today especially after Lasley went off. Lasley (who must be in the running for SPL player of the year) had been outstanding in the first half, scoring the 1st and setting up the 2nd, and only Ian Black's antics fooled the referee into thinking that both fouls were deserving of a yellow card. Having moved Ojamaa out wide and Law into centre midfield, we attacked with purpose everytime we broke. Big Randolph, the back 4 and Jenno all allowed Murphy, Higdon, Law and Ojamaa to create chance after chance in the 2nd half and being honest, we should have had more. Ojamaa's 2nd half performance was Messi-like and he reminds me of a mixture of Faddy and Arnott. We should just enjoy him whilst he is here as it won't be long before bigger clubs come calling. Fantastic effort and quality from the whole team today....let's hope we can continue it on Wednesday.

On another note, I don't think it is coincidence that since Jenno has returned from suspension, we've not lost a match (think I'm right in saying that). Both him and Lasley are the heartbeat of our team.

I think what cannot be underestimated about our team at the moment is the partnerships that are being created and solidified around our full team.

Hutch-Clancy have been awesome together recently and look solid.

Hammy-Law on the left

Jenno-Las in the middle

Higdon-Ojamma up to

Hately-Murphy on the right

This to me is one of the reasons in our good form. People are clicking well with each other. Big Higdon I thought was different gravy today, sitter apart. His work rate and link up play was brilliant, he hardly gave the ball away against two decent centre halfs and won his share of headers.

Really happy at the look and gel of our team. Good times.

That was brilliant today, and surprisingly comfortable! Everyone played their part, wee Ojamma was different class with his constant movement. And is it me or does he look slimmer and fitter already? Hopefully he keeps improving at this rate!

Lasley to get a second yellow for that challenge was harsh, surprised McCall hadn't hooked him at half time since we were comfortable and 2 clear. Hopefully its a straight swap, Las for Carswell on Wednesday, don't break up that defence, leave Hately in his best position at right back!

Mon the 'well!

PS - The fans were superb today!

We started winning games the moment that the gaffer stopped farting about with the team. Keep it easy, keep it simple, dont change too much and as of now, the team picks itself anyway...

Everyone thought that today was a big game and i agree, but after todays result the game on Wednesday will be even more important now. Another 3 points would be impressive and would make 3 place more "do-able" than ever, maybe even more.

Doesn't get any better than beating Hearts with 10 men. Walter Kidd, Alex McDonald, John Robertson, Jim Jeffries, Rudi Skacel, Ian Baird, Ian Black, Jimmy Sandison and your entire pondlife Jambo creed throughout the generations....ROONYEZ YA MUPPETS!!!!!!

MearnsJnr "Why are you waving to the fans in South Stand daddy?" after we scored the 3rd (Daddy was giving the entire South the Gareth Hunt...) :)

I thought that turned out to be pretty special today.

We were comfortably the better side in the first half but felt that our goals actually came after Hearts best spell of the half. Nice to see Las pop it home, there were two or three similar situations where their keeper made a save or a defender got a block in so it was a relief that one of them went in.

The second was significant as it came so quickly after the opener and gave them a mountain to climb. Beautiful cross and just enough of a change of direction from Jamie to loop it over their keeper. Was it at Easter Road he remarked on the rarity of his goals via his napper but that's a few now this season.

The opportunity we passed up early in the 2nd half when their keeper saved from Ojamaa and Law put the rebound over had me slightly worried we might come to regret it, particularly when Las got his marching orders but in the end it didn't matter at all.

I don't know whether we specifically train for playing with 10 men, or whether the players took confidence from the recent Dunfermline game but it never put us out of our stride at all and we looked as comfortable with 10 as we had done with the full compliment.

The third I think will be one of my favourite goals of the season. From the effort and desire to win the ball back when it looked like Elliott was breaking clear, to Ojamaa whirling his way around about six players to Nicky Law's pinpoint finish it was fantastic.

Beating Hearts is always great but in the context of the season, that was just outstanding today.

• Like 1

Was better than the 6-1 game for me. Considering what was at stake today the players completely responded and totally outplayed their rivals by the length of a street. Anyone doubting Ojamma before today, and there were some, surely are now convinced!

Email sent to SFA tonight, please everyone get on board with this.
Sir

I would like to draw your attention to an offensive gesture from Hearts FC player Marius Žaliūkas in the 73rd minute of todays Motherwell vs Hearts match.He was on the touchline receiving treatment and then was signalled to return to the field of play, at which point he made what is colloquially known as a "Wanker" gesture towards the Motherwell fans in the East Stand.

Please address this matter through the appropriate channels.

• Like 1

That was immense today. What a performance!

I don't know whether we specifically train for playing with 10 men, or whether the players took confidence from the recent Dunfermline game but it never put us out of our stride at all and we looked as comfortable with 10 as we had done with the full compliment.

I commented to my dad that it didn't really matter we'd went down to 10 men when we had the ball today as each time it went to Ojamaa he was occupying either 2 or 3 of their players. The third goal was the best example of that. Cannae wait to see it on the tv!

• Like 1

Sir I would like to draw your attention to an offensive gesture from Hearts FC player Marius Žaliūkas in the 73rd minute of todays Motherwell vs Hearts match.He was on the touchline receiving treatment and then was signalled to return to the field of play, at which point he made what is colloquially known as a "Wanker" gesture towards the Motherwell fans in the East Stand. Please address this matter through the appropriate channels.

Fuking nonsense , What abuse did he receive eh ? Was it this jesture :wa :wank:nk:If you had a couple of hundred people shouting abuse at you wot would you do ?

• Like 2

Sir I would like to draw your attention to an offensive gesture from Hearts FC player Marius Žaliūkas in the 73rd minute of todays Motherwell vs Hearts match.He was on the touchline receiving treatment and then was signalled to return to the field of play, at which point he made what is colloquially known as a "Wanker" gesture towards the Motherwell fans in the East Stand. Please address this matter through the appropriate channels.

wasn't at the game but i hate fans who complain about players doing this sort of thing. Unless it's OTT then it's all part of the game - i love it when players give a bit back

• Like 3

Have to agree with that i've no problem at all with opposing players giving us 'the vickeys' i was laughing my head off at that one today and it's part and parcel of our footie culture. Totally against any complaint against the Hearts player for that.. It's a passionate game and we should allow these things.

• Like 2