Vs Hearts

GazzyB

Fuking nonsense , What abuse did he receive eh ? Was it this jesture :wa :wank:nk:If you had a couple of hundred people shouting abuse at you wot would you do ?

wasn't at the game but i hate fans who complain about players doing this sort of thing. Unless it's OTT then it's all part of the game - i love it when players give a bit back

Have to agree with that i've no problem at all with opposing players giving us 'the vickeys' i was laughing my head off at that one today and it's part and parcel of our footie culture. Totally against any complaint against the Hearts player for that.. It's a passionate game and we should allow these things.

And no problem with Higgy getting banned for an alleged "Offensive gesture" ? dash2.gifdash2.gif

Personally couldn't give a rats arse if some wee Jambo prick gave us Davybhoyssmiley.gif sign but it's the principle behind it , the whole trial by Sportscene although if you don't care about our club getting screwed over then that's ok too.

• Like 2

I think the point folk are making is that if Higdon can get a ban for what he did, then so should the Herts player for what was, really, a much worse.

Yep. Precedence has been set and the laws of the game must be consistently applied.

It doesnt matter if nobody was genuinely offended by the gesture. Nobody was offended by Higdons.

• Like 2

It's a stupid set up and although Higdon got a 1 game suspension for it, everybody needs to do what they can to stop this crap. Although I see the point being made I think the bigger picture is forget that we got shafted and do what we can to keep the game with some passion and give and take in it.................OK back to the game FKN BRILLIANT

Email sent to SFA tonight, please everyone get on board with this.
Sir

I would like to draw your attention to an offensive gesture from Hearts FC player Marius Žaliūkas in the 73rd minute of todays Motherwell vs Hearts match.He was on the touchline receiving treatment and then was signalled to return to the field of play, at which point he made what is colloquially known as a "Wanker" gesture towards the Motherwell fans in the East Stand.

Please address this matter through the appropriate channels.

I found it funny, it's emails like this that ruin the game, I would like to see your reaction to getting abused by a few hundred people, are you offended by people swearing sitting around don't see much difference

• Like 1

I found it funny, it's emails like this that ruin the game, I would like to see your reaction to getting abused by a few hundred people, are you offended by people swearing sitting around don't see much difference

Clearly many people missing the point of this, the SFA set a precedent by banning Higgy , waht's sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander.

The rules have to be applied consistently across the board, although they probably wont.

the rule is wrong, just like the standing ban, the ban on tackles,

you can bleat all you want but the game is getting killed off slowly, as it becomes more and more sanitised and emails like that just accelerate it.

complain about the guardians ruining your game not a guy responding to dogs abuse

Higgys ban was wrong and Zaliuskas should get his reponse next time we beat them

Not enough superlatives to describe today's performance.

The 3rd goal was incredible. That was this seasons Jutkiewicz, and probably better than the McGarry one that defined McGhee's first season. Ojamaa roasting a handful of jambos before spraying it to Murphy and onto Law for a perfect finish.

Law is back to the form he was on at the start of the season and then some. Murphy had his best game in a long time today, looked a lot more comfortable. And Higdon's play was brilliant today. Henrik has revitalised the team (and the fans) and I don't think it's ridiculous to think about chasing Rangers, even if we don't catch them. We're certainly better than Hearts.

• Like 1

the rule is wrong, just like the standing ban, the ban on tackles,

you can bleat all you want but the game is getting killed off slowly, as it becomes more and more sanitised and emails like that just accelerate it.

complain about the guardians ruining your game not a guy responding to dogs abuse

I can understand where he is coming from, if our player gets done with it then only fair that others do. The rule book should applie to all.

For what its worth I agree with Al's stance, if Higgy can get banned then so should Zaliukas.

Regarding our performance I thought we were superb from start to finish. Yes we had a wee spell where we looked a bit nervy, but by and large we dominated every area of the game. In defence we were solid and our midfilders put in a great shift, especially after Las's shocking red card. Up front we were superb, big Higgy was excellent apart from his miss at the end, and The Sheriff was once again a constant threat.

It was a huge game and we won very well, another win on Wednesday and 3rd place is in the bag. Only then can we start to look beyond that, and onto possible Champions League qualification. Ha ha imagine us even discussing that seriously!!

Mon the Well!!

For what its worth I agree with Al's stance, if Higgy can get banned then so should Zaliukas.

Regarding our performance I thought we were superb from start to finish. Yes we had a wee spell where we looked a bit nervy, but by and large we dominated every area of the game. In defence we were solid and our midfilders put in a great shift, especially after Las's shocking red card. Up front we were superb, big Higgy was excellent apart from his miss at the end, and The Sheriff was once again a constant threat.

It was a huge game and we won very well, another win on Wednesday and 3rd place is in the bag. Only then can we start to look beyond that, and onto possible Champions League qualification. Ha ha imagine us even discussing that seriously!!

Mon the Well!!

GIFU , Mon the Well!! Are you offended?no offence meant BTW

Had Higdon not been punished, you probably wouldn't have heard a whisper about Zaliukas and his wank gesture today. It's only right that, if our man gets a ban for what he did, so should the Herts player. Either both do, or neither does. SFA has set a precedence, so a ban should be what happens. Happened right in front of the linesman who somehow failed to see it.

I think the point folk are making is that if Higdon can get a ban for what he did, then so should the Herts player for what was, really, a much worse.

Wouldn't it be better to put effort into stopping the pointless bans instead of encouraging more?

Had Higdon not been punished, you probably wouldn't have heard a whisper about Zaliukas and his wank gesture today.

:lol: You're kidding, aren't you? Some folk on here would have slevering at the prospect of running home to their keyboards to complain about what the mean old Hearts player did.

Why are we wasting time arguing about a Hearts player? Who cares? We pumped the Jambos! :yahoo:

• Like 3

Not enough superlatives to describe today's performance.

The 3rd goal was incredible. That was this seasons Jutkiewicz, and probably better than the McGarry one that defined McGhee's first season. Ojamaa roasting a handful of jambos before spraying it to Murphy and onto Law for a perfect finish.

Law is back to the form he was on at the start of the season and then some. Murphy had his best game in a long time today, looked a lot more comfortable. And Higdon's play was brilliant today. Henrik has revitalised the team (and the fans) and I don't think it's ridiculous to think about chasing Rangers, even if we don't catch them. We're certainly better than Hearts.

Don't you enjoy yourself too much in Auld Reekie now :whistling: - get tore in my man.

Why shouldn't folk let the SFA know about it if their own employees can't (or won't ) report it? Some were wetting themselves in the media to get Higdon done, yet there's no mention of this thus far apart from Motherwell fans reporting it.

Why shouldn't folk let the SFA know about it if their own employees can't (or won't ) report it? Some were wetting themselves in the media to get Higdon done, yet there's no mention of this thus far apart from Motherwell fans reporting it.

maybes a lot of folk have realised its a complete farce of a setup and is doing more damage than good, so have choose to just ignore it?