Vs Hearts

GazzyB

Why shouldn't folk let the SFA know about it if their own employees can't (or won't ) report it? Some were wetting themselves in the media to get Higdon done, yet there's no mention of this thus far apart from Motherwell fans reporting it.

Because it smacks of childishness.

If it's a stupid rule, then we should encouraging its removal, not its enforcement.

• Like 1

If it's a stupid rule, then we should encouraging its removal, not its enforcement.

So if Zaliukas is done for this you'll have the perfect opportunity to tell everyone just how ridiculous this rule is.

I'm pretty certain people aren't raising this because they were offended. It's because they want to make sure the rules are being applied evenly and the processes used to come to these decisions is fair.

E.T.A.

What our club said regarding Higgys suspension... All fairly relevent to this discussion (particularly the two middle paragraphs)...

"We are extremely disappointed by all aspects of the process and of course the ban. We have material concerns about the approach, the informal communication around it and the obvious disproportionate nature of the suspension.

“As a Board we have raised our concerns with both the Scottish Premier League and with the Scottish FA. There is an urgent need for clarification on what is being done, why and to what end. The precedent set does not give us the impression that justice has been done, or seen to be done.

“It will mean that a huge focus will be placed upon consistency in the application of such compliance rulings across the game at all levels. In essence our player has been banned for celebrating a goal in a way that has, to our knowledge, never resulted in a suspension in any game anywhere else.

“We are focused as a Club on improving how we are run and how we contribute to the rejuvenation of Scottish Football. We do not believe this process as executed is doing anything other than setting all of us back. The focus is supposed to be on football, more needs to be done to keep the administration of the game on that track.”

So if Zaliukas is done for this you'll have the perfect opportunity to tell everyone just how ridiculous this rule is.

I'm pretty certain people aren't raising this because they were offended. It's because they want to make sure the rules are being applied evenly and the processes used to come to these decisions is fair.

E.T.A.

What our club said regarding Higgys suspension... All fairly relevent to this discussion (particularly the two middle paragraphs)...

This.

Dynamite today. We made a decent Hearts side look like total fannies!

Never had as much fun at a game for ages. Ripping the pish out of Zaluskis's wee cut was magic.

Also the abuse Grainger got was magic! DAN! DAN!

http://fuckyeahstevecoogan.tumblr.com/post/5366405308/beyond-amazing-dan-dan-dan-dan

This allowed Murphy a lot more freedom and he looked nearly back to his old self, with his running at players causing panic.

Murphy has found form again since moving to the right wing and Law went to the left and it's no coincidence we've scored more goals since the change - Law and Murphy of course scoring a few themselves in the past couple of weeks, it's not just been the Ojamaa show.

Today was Murphy's 11th goal of the season, not bad for someone that's played most of the season wide midfield. He's had spells where he was off form, usually when the team as a a whole was poor, but I think he's taken some unfair stick this season and today was a nice little reminder of what an important player he is for us.

His top tally in a season is 12 so I'm pretty sure with 11 league matches and at least one match and hopefully more in the cup he will post his best goal tally yet in 2011/12.

Great result today and has put us on course for a third place finish. Lots of hard work still to be done but on current form we're well on track. Looks like the Hibs game being abandoned may have worked in our favour as we're in far better form now.

As for the Zaliukas incident we can only work with the rules that are in place. The incident has been mentioned by several people, including MFCTV radio commentators, so if it has been missed by the cameras I'd like to think the referee supervisor will have included it in his report. We've been penalised by the rule with Higdon for a far less offensive offence so I have no problem with our closest rivals for 3rd also being punished. I don' tagree with it but as long as it's in place it should be carried out.

Chompin at the bit for Yabba to get the highlights up. wish I had been there, Such a great feeling that the lads not only got 3 points from a crunch game but the manner in which it was achieved was apprentlly a joy to behold. Been a long time since I have heard so many poisitive comments.

Having already won another similar crunch game against St Johnstone, this team is showing some character!!

A great performance and result today. That was some of the best football I've seen for a while and our third goal was simply sublime. In fairness it could have been 4 or 5. It was a real team performance but Ojamaa certainly caught the eye with his show of perpetual motion - he was a real thorn in Hearts' side. Thought our defence did really well and Tim Clancy justified Stuart McCall's faith in him.

A very poor refereeing performance today which disadvantaged us although the sense of injustice seemed to spur us on. Keith Lasley's second yellow was very harsh and Ian Black really needs to look at himself in the mirror for trying to get a fellow pro sent off. If you can't take it don't dish it out Ian! Steve Hammell's yellow was also absurd. In contrast Taouil and MacGowan were both very fortunate to finish the game. Spitting at a fellow player is just filthy and inexcusable and swinging a punch at an opponent off the ball is cowardly and thuggish.

I'm not in favour of fans reporting players for gestures but if its applicable to Michael Higdon its also applicable to Zaliukas. It'll be interesting if the Compliance Officer listens to fans or only to media pundits with an agenda. This will be a real test for him.

Plenty of talking points and a great result which will do our chances of finishing in the top 6 no harm at all. Anything better than that is a bonus.

Wonderful Motherwell. We played incredibly well yesterday especially a man down, in a way it seemed to spur us on. Having almost scored in the first couple of minutes it took us a wee while to get right into the game after that but we were just building into it and got the goal from a corner. Fell beautifully to Lasley and a lovely hit. The second goal was a stunner too with a beautiful ball in, again by Lasley, and Murphy's use of his neck muscle to guide the ball where he did was outstanding. Not quite the same power on the header but similar to the goal Hutchinson scored in Gannon's first game at Perth. The third goal was just from another planet, Hutchinson and Jennings won the ball, a lovely feed to Ojamaa who then took the mickey out of about half the Hearts team (some of them twice), fed the ball to Murphy who found Law on the overlap and the finish was just a pearler. Certainly after a couple he missed didn't seem to be lacking in confidence. Hearts came at us a bit after that but a combination of good defending and poor attacking meant that all Randolph had to do were stop shots withy average pace in the middle of the goal. Even then at 3 up with ten men we looked much more lively going forward than Hearts. Super super day.

Given how good a day it was I don't want to moan about the referee and his decisions but some of them were just baffling - again with this guy! After about 70 minutes we had had two bookings, both for Lasley. Andthe worst two fouls (by miles) we had conceded had been by Ojamaa and Hutchinson who were never even spoken to. After a performance in the Dunfermline game that was a complete joke and that yesterday you have to wonder why he has had so many SPL games as he clearly just isn't up to it. Yet, we have a referee who is on the UEFA list and receiving good reports wherever he goes refereeing Stirling v someone yesterday. Bizarre.

Feared the worse for Las when he was booked so early in the game. So absolutely delighted with that result.

The lads are on a roll the now and long may it continue.

Would be good to get the CL place on our own merit and not because Rangers are still in admin at the end of March. Although I'll take it either way. whistling.gif

We have found a gem in Henrik Ojaama and he brought a freshness to the team.

Found this pearl of wisdom on the jambos kickback..........

Up to first goal, there wasn't too much in it. They get a lucky deflection to change things and then get another when their tails were up and before Hearts got settled again. That was effectively game over - they can sit back and play on the break. A mirror image of 24 December.

They now have one player - the Estonian - who makes a difference. He, like McCall, will be off to better things in the summer. That is how they balance the books.

Oooo the sourest of grapes. :laugh:

Nobody likes a grass.

I'd hazard a guess that the email wasn't sent because offence was caused or he wants to see Zaliukas punished.

This is more about testing the process thats been put in place to make our game fairer. Our club made a lot of noises about trail by sportscene which were dismissed by the SFA. So what going to happens if the TV cameras have missed this incident and what if the different 3 man panel come to a different desicsion should this case be investigated?

To quote our club again...

“It will mean that a huge focus will be placed upon consistency in the application of such compliance rulings across the game at all levels."

Thats perfectly reasonable is it not?

I don't want to see Zaliukas punished because of this, but I do expect to see it happening given presedence already set (not only by Higdon but also by Griffiths).

Should he be punished we can the look at this part of the MFC statement...

the obvious disproportionate nature of the suspension

I'd hazard a guess that the email wasn't sent because offence was caused or he wants to see Zaliukas punished.

This is more about testing the process thats been put in place to make our game fairer. Our club made a lot of noises about trail by sportscene which were dismissed by the SFA. So what going to happens if the TV cameras have missed this incident and what if the different 3 man panel come to a different desicsion should this case be investigated?

You've hit the nail on the head. If the SFA has set this controversial system up then they must expect it to be scrutinised. It will be a real test of whether or not it is focused on the say so of media pundits. Perhaps it would help if this incident was to be investigated, Zaliukas fouind guilty and then Well fans appeal en masse that he shouldn't receive any punishment. That would be point made.

I don't hold with the "everyone hates a grass" view. The fact is that not everyone does hate a grass, and its very presumptious to say that. If you commit the crime you take the punishment like a man.