2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

The source was one of our many right backs. Doesn't exactly narrow it down I realise but there you have it. i have to say I would rather have Vigurs than the clown who told the story

Haha, could be 1 of about 16 then.

Fair do's. Interesting stuff...did the right back infer there were problems with the team and Bara? Or was it just business as usual?

1422676812[/url]' post='430924']

Love a bit of insider gossip I do. Favourite one was when Craigan nearly strangled Scott McDonald for something or other.

From memory it was Scott Lietch who had him by the throat after Lietch abused him for slacking at training. McDonalds reply was along the lines of "listen to you, just because your Mr Motherwell" Leitch had the thought that you tried like fuck no matter the team.

Sky's transfer centre had a piece up earlier saying Barra expected to be very busy tomorrow with another 2 or 3 coming in. Looks like he's being backed and we could be the busiest SPFL team on deadline day!

I didn't realise tomorrow is the deadline day - assumed it was yesterday as the end of the month. We've had a few deals in the past which have been after the deadline day so it's not the end of the world if deals aren't concluded tomorrow.

Anyone who can help us stay up is of course most welcome but they'll need to be of a decent quality. In Pearo, Thomas, Moore and Erwin I believe we have some of the tools to stay up.

If it's a Ruddy or Jutkiewicz calibre of loan them fine but failing that I'd rather see us go with the above named and see what they can do.

Sky's transfer centre had a piece up earlier saying Barra expected to be very busy tomorrow with another 2 or 3 coming in. Looks like he's being backed and we could be the busiest SPFL team on deadline day!

Are the cameras coming to town to report it? Boab Mchugh will be out doing the "#### her in the pussy" line

Countless times Law had his head up looking to pass with absolutely no-one anywhere near him and no-one looking for the ball. Not his fault if he has to go back.

Been like that quite often there are a few players hiding this season not looking for the ball it then makes it very difficult if you are trying to play some football rather than just hoofing it and in fairness to Law he's one of the few that has tried to pass the ball but he'll look worse giving the ball away rather than midfielders that hide away.

Unusual feeling as a Motherwell supporter, actually expecting us to do something on transfer deadline day. Not sure if I'd prefer a forward or a midfielder. Both is probably asking for too much...

With you on this...

If it's only one, I'd prefer an attacking midfielder that could be used as a striker if needed. Someone to really create something.

Not necessarily a question for today (and I know someone posted this on this forum before, can't find it), but maybe time to look at who we have out of contract in the summer. No need this season to wait and see whether we'll be top or bottom six to determine budget, so looking to secure guys that Baraclough thinks he's going to want next season might be an idea.

Thinking of young guys like Erwin, Moore, Thomas, Leitch, Watt and Kerr. From Les Hutchison's interview the other day, he said that we'd be a bit stronger in our transfer dealings. Like to see us take an approach like Hamilton and Dundee United and get our prospects on longer deals with the understanding that we won't stand in their way should a suitable offer come in. Hamilton achieve this despite not having more money than us so don't see why we can't replicate that model...

What we have to what we need....

----------------------------------GK

Ramsden---------McManus--------O'Brien--------Hammell

----------------------Lasley----------DMF---------------

------AMF------------Pearson-----------Thomas

---------------------------Sutton---------------

Subs:

Nielsen

Kerr

Laing

Watt

Erwin

Lawson

Vigurs

Reid

ZFA

Cummins

McHugh

Streaker

Carswell

IMO from this, we really need to be bringing in a GK, defensive midfielder and Forward of the Ojamma mould - all 3 are a must!

What is also totally apparent is we have an abundance of dead wood at the club. As we constantly claim to be pleading poverty, we really need to be looking seriously at offloading McHugh, Cummins, ZFA, Lawson, Nielsen and Kerr IMO - even if on loan until the contracts run out.

If we can get part funded salaries on loan deals for these, it could fund 2 of the above requirements who would be expected to be a much higher standard.

3 new players of a decent standard an that team SHOULD comfortably stay in the SPL however I have been thinking that all season...

An attacking mid is all thats required i think. Stracker looked good on the left and i thought Reid was excellent at CB. A few central midfielders back from injury with thomas/moore in the starting 11 would suit me. We do need someone else to create though.

I have no idea what scouts would be interested in Lee Erwin. He has a few nice touches at times but all he does it run into players and give the ball away. Hes also awful in the air.

If you'd have O'Brien in your team ahead of Kerr, Reid or Ramsden at centre back (we have Law or Watt for right back) after Saturday, can I suggest you use deadline day wisely and get your eyes tested?

Kerr as dead wood? He's had two decent games at centre back (his natural position) in a row. Have any of our other centre backs managed this so far this season?

• Like 1

Have Accies just signed the young Czech midfielder we have had training with us - or is this another player?

Thought the guy we allegedly had on trial was Hungarian? Although given the club have said that they had to look up the name of the keeper we allegedly had on trial, maybe take most of the names with a pinch of salt...