Motherwell V St Johnstone 31/01/15

Yabba's Turd

The thing about Tannadice is; we played better, but still conceded 3 goals. If that is constituted as encouraging then things are much worse than they appear.

We put them under much more pressure than we have anyone in recent weeks, were unlucky to have a goal ruled out and a penalty claim denied, and conceded a killer third goal while pushing to get back into the match at 2-1. The players were pushing themselves harder and trying to make things happen.

Surely you can see that's totally different to meekly surrendering 4 or 5 goals without any hint of fight?

Saying that the performance is encouraging, compared to what we've seen previously, is hardly the same thing as saying that we're all delighted with how Saturday went and would like the rest of the season to be the same. Baby steps.

We put them under much more pressure than we have anyone in recent weeks, were unlucky to have a goal ruled out and a penalty claim denied, and conceded a killer third goal while pushing to get back into the match at 2-1. The players were pushing themselves harder and trying to make things happen.

Surely you can see that's totally different to meekly surrendering 4 or 5 goals without any hint of fight?

Saying that the performance is encouraging, compared to what we've seen previously, is hardly the same thing as saying that we're all delighted with how Saturday went and would like the rest of the season to be the same. Baby steps.

As I said, we played better which is a rare positive in a run of 5 straight defeats. We had chances that we didn't take and were duly punished. We still conceded 3 goals and now have the worst defensive record in the league and have scored the least goals.

We are running out of time to keep taking babysteps. The manager has had 7 matches and almost an entire transfer window, all the babysteps should have been taken by now.

That's a positive then I guess, although a freezing night on top of ice & snow may prove to be an issue.

Anyone been down at the stadium? How's the surrounding area looking?

seen it yesterday and there was a lot of water at the east from the half way line towards the cooper surface water , but not draining away properly but apart from that all was well ( a decent dry night and all will be good ,

We are running out of time to keep taking babysteps. The manager has had 7 matches and almost an entire transfer window, all the babysteps should have been taken by now.

Agreed. We desperately need a win, and this weekend would be perfect for it. Take the positives from last week, pinning back a creative United side at times, making chances, and the thing that struck me most of all, using pace going forward, but turn that into three points this week. Playing well and not winning is frustrating, but ultimately not disastrous, as long as you're safe. We're not though, so we've got to start collecting points somewhere.

The best result this saturday is that surface water freezing over and the game off till we get a keeper and forward in for next saturday's must not lose at Dingwall. dry.gif .

The best result this Saturday is three fucking points. I fancy Erwin to get off the mark with an early brace, and Laing to score a late winner after Saints inevitably pull level

seen it yesterday and there was a lot of water at the east from the half way line towards the cooper surface water , but not draining away properly but apart from that all was well ( a decent dry night and all will be good ,

I was more meaning the area outside the stadium. We've seen games cancelled because of the conditions being considered dangerous for fans on their way to games, haven't we?

I was more meaning the area outside the stadium. We've seen games cancelled because of the conditions being considered dangerous for fans on their way to games, haven't we?

there was a large area behind the south that was clear ,from dl drive all the way down to the south stand about 2 tractor widths been cleared

The best result this saturday is that surface water freezing over and the game off till we get a keeper and forward in for next saturday's must not lose at Dingwall. <_ .>

You are an utter ghoul of a poster. I'd much rather see you postponed than the football.

Can we get back to the game....... Cheers....

Dan

Ramsden Laing McManus Straker

Law or Ainsworth Carswell Pearson Thomas

Sutton Erwin

Is the team I would prob like to see I think, not sure which Ainsworth will turn up.... Plus right back is hard one, Reid/Ramsden/Kerr who is the best of a bad bunch?? Play Law at RB and Ainsworth at right wing.... Tough one....