Motherwell V St Johnstone 31/01/15

Yabba's Turd

I thought we were very unlucky to lose at home to them but they seemed to have kicked on from there whereas that was probably one of our better games. Hopefully we can push on from an improved performance last week where we at least seemed to be offering a threat.

Given the team line up are we looking at the below then?

Dan

Reid Laing OB Straker

Law Carswell Ramsden Straker

Sutton Erwin

Reid/Law/Ramsden could be deployed anywhere on past selections

or...

Dan

Law Ramsden Reid Laing OB Watt Straker

Carswell

Erwin Sutton

drinks.gif

Pearson missing out, along with Lasleys injury is frankly a disaster for everyone who cares about Motherwell. If they're injured they're injured though so that is just rotten bad luck.

There's no excuse for Kerr, who had a good game at Tannadice dropping out for O'Brien who has been woeful, particularly in his last appearance at Dens park. Same goes for Law.

There's stuff Barraclough can't help (possibly), there's other stuff he's doing himself, the team and the fans no favours with.

I'll be astonished if we get anytjing out this game today.

Quality team today. Only 4 right backs and both new boys make their debuts.

Dan

Reid

Ramsden

Carswell

Straker

Watt

Erwin

Law

Sutton

O'Brien

Laing

Subs:

Gunnar, Thomas, MacLean, Cadden, Ainsworth, Kerr, Moore

Midfield of Law, Carswell and Ramsden/Reid in a 352? Creative. Or a 442 with Laing partnering O'Brien and a midfield four of Straker, Carswell, Ramsden and Law?

Only good thing is that if we as fans don't know how we'll set up, Tommy Wright probably doesn't know either...

I was confident until I saw that team really can't see how we will create chances, really defensive team for a must win game

To be fair to Barraclough he didn't have many options for central midfield today - no Lawson, Vigurs, Lasley, Pearson, Leitch, Ojamaa.

Long ball might be our best bet today, get Sutton and Erwin up there.

To be fair to Barraclough he didn't have many options for central midfield today - no Lawson, Vigurs, Lasley, Pearson, Leitch, Ojamaa.

Long ball might be our best bet today, get Sutton and Erwin up there.

I agree but we have 7 defensive minded players starting surely Thomas or Cadden would balance our attacking options a bit more, dare I say it I would prob rather see Law in Centre with Ainsworth given another chance with Reid dropping to bench

No Motherwell manager is going to find it easy if he's missing four key players. Today we're missing two of our first choice back four and two of our first choice midfield.

All we can do is give our backing to the eleven that are fit and starting. Even given the injuries, would it be the team I'd have picked? No, but the team needs our support so they should get it.

Time for both players and fans to stand up and be counted...