Motherwell V St Johnstone 31/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Tough one to watch today. Team selection was piss poor. We started with zero creativity and composure. Couldn't string 2/3 passes together. Looked a shambles at the back. Reid at right back was horrid to watch and no surprise the goal came down the right. He played better in the centre of defence,

2nd half was significantly better, in part I believe in Kerr slotting in and looking like a centre half and giving the team some solidityf. O'Brien was rotten, do we know yet if injury was his reason for being removed??

I was giving Sutton pelters today but all credit his finish was top drawer even if his general alround play was rotten. Law has to stay at RB. He looks competent there and works hard. Not a midfielder in a million years.

Strange one that IB brought on Moore at right wing and not Lionel, not a bad thing but does anyone else think that could be the end of his time at the club.

Agree with the rest of the guys in that Moore, Thomas and Erwin deserve extended runs. Thomas needs time but that boy is a talent. Constantly wanting the ball and looking for it as was Erwin. Considering how many other more experienced players this year have ran away from this responsibility it's refreshing to see.

Hard to judge the two newbies, Straker looked rank rotten until moving to full back where he looked better. Laing looked ok to begin with but poor for a spell prior to sending off. I'll be honest I totally missed this as was too busy embroiled in an argument with a prick seated near me, so can't comment on validity.

A good point in difficult circumstances but still a major disappointing day.

Really like Thomas, tried a few tricks but lost the ball a few times but he kept on trying with no fear beat 3 men for Suttons goal great to watch.

Dom Thomas has something money can't buy. Real belief in himself. Too many of our players are looking to the guy next to him to get their confidence up. Thomas just goes on there and does it even when his team mates aren't the best.

Having a player who when he gets the ball just want to go forward is huge for us. He just creates a sense of forward momentum when he comes on and that's why every time he's come on he's changed the way the game was going.

Strange one that IB brought on Moore at right wing and not Lionel, not a bad thing but does anyone else think that could be the end of his time at the club.

Ainsworth was less than subtle in letting the Main Stand know what he thought of the decision to bring on Moore.

Ainsworth was less than subtle in letting the Main Stand know what he thought of the decision to bring on Moore.

As Moore got stripped to come on, he trudged back to the bench and held his hands up towards his family/friends as if to say, "what's this about?", knowing he wasn't getting on as it was our third sub.

To be fair to IB, Moore did us a turn and the decision to leave out Ainsworth was justified in my opinion.

I think Ainsworth would have got on if it hadn't been for us being forced to bring on Kerr for O'Brien. He had a decent cameo last week (as did Moore) so I can understand his frustration but sometimes you have to make decisions and Baraclough picked Moore today.

The first half was disgraceful. Laing was all over the place, Straker didn't look like he had seen the ball before, Carswell and Ramsden barely had a touch, Law made a lot of unforced errors, Watt seemed to have no idea what Straker was doing and where he was meant to be and Sutton & Erwin couldn't get involved. The only positive was that we somehow came in within touching distance but if it had been 3 or 4, we could have had no complaints and I'd have been ensconced in Jack Daniels as there was precious little heart on show,

Laing seemed favourite for the ball at the red card, then let it bounce, then ended up behind him before bundling him over when he was going to get a shot away. Absolutely cast iron DOGSO decision and we can have few complaints. The penalty claim looked outside the box from where I was and it hit the guy from close proximity. I'd be raging if that went against us and hard to grumble we didn't get it.

Then the second half. What a difference. Undoubtedly we were helped because our opponent seemed absolutely happy to win 1-0 and invite us on to them. As we threw on younger guys through the middle and Straker and Law suddenly looked comfortable on the ball. By the time we equalised I thought we deserved it. It came from a great run by Thomas and Sutton showed he still knows where the goal is if you can work him in. We had no choice but to keep going with our offensive players as we had run out of changes and Wright by throwing on O'Halloran and Graham meant that there were about seven strikers on the pitch which meant an entertaining end.

Should have been 0-4 at half time so the fact I think we deserved a draw by the end speaks volume for the way we improved. Hopefully a couple of weeks off on the back of a good finish today should mean there is a positive atmosphere in the camp and if we can get Pearson and a couple of others back, I think we can go up there with confidence.

Just watched the TV highlights and I have to say the red card incident was in the very soft category. A foul? Maybe. A red card no way. Poor poor decision from Collum.

It absolutely cannot have been maybe a foul and never a red card. If it was a foul it was absolutely 100% a red card.

• Like 2