Motherwell V St Johnstone 31/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Given the circumstances, that was a good battling point. We are getting their slowly.

Agree a few weeks ago we would have lost that game heavily after conceding early goal and having player sent off. Hopefully our injury list will clear up now and can close gap on Partick.

We were that bad in the first half St Johnstone stopped playing.

Good spirit from the team in the second half. Thomas wasn't great but gave us a moment of quality for the goal. I thought Kerr was good as well, he put in some heavy challenges which were badly needed.

Bang on the money ^^

Reid looked semi capable at centre half too. A lot of talk will be about Thomas but Moores and Erwins energy also caused them problems.

Carswell law O'Brien and Ramsden (first half) were especially poor though

Think St. Johnstone will be sitting in the dressing room right now kicking themselves. Was a game they should have won comfortably but they were happy to stay in a low gear at 1-0.

First half we were dire and they team were deservedly booed off.

Second half wasn't much better until around the 60 minute mark when it became apparent St. Johnstone had downed tools and we got a bit of encouragement from the substitutions and slackness from the visitors.

To be fair to the team it was mediocre from back to front but we actually battled for 20 minutes or so and we got some reward off of it. Sutton took the goal really well after good build up from Dom Thomas, who looks different class in terms of attitude and ability. If only we had showed that attitude from the beginning of matches we might be further up the league.

All things considered a good point considering the side we had out today, going 1-0 down early and then losing a man in the first 25 minutes.

As for the red card, I literally turned my head to speak to someone just when it happened so I can't comment on the sending off but according to the wean it was a red card, although most of the East Stand seemed to disagree!

Bang on the money ^^

Reid looked semi capable at centre half too. A lot of talk will be about Thomas but Moores and Erwins energy also caused them problems.

Carswell law O'Brien and Ramsden (first half) were especially poor though

Should be trying these boys from the start. Moore and Thomas that is.

When everyone is fit I don't think we'll see much of Carswell and you'd like to think O'Brien and Law may finally be benched.

For the next game, the centre back partnership should be Kerr + A.N. Other. Sadly it won't be.

Erwin looked good today as did Moore when he came on. Sutton was decent and Ramsden came on to a game in the second half.

New guys. Straker looked like he was going to challenge for the Abel Thermeus Award for worst ever Motherwell player in the first half. Looked better when he went to left back. Laing and O'Brien look a disastrous partnership. Whether one or the other would look better alongside another player, I couldn't say. O'Brien hasn't impressed really so maybe Laing would be better with Kerr or McManus.

A point gained given how things were at half time. Problem is we don't seem to know a good starting lineup but occasionally stumble on to a better team...

The worrying thing is most of the fans could pick a better team from the players available than Barraclough!

The new boys aren't exactly getting glowing reports for their debuts, eh?

Not exactly heartening to think we have brought in much needed players who are worse than what we already have!

Is this a taste of what we're to expect in the summer?!

Very poor first half. Probably one of the worst I've seen in my many years of watching The 'Well. Much improved second 45 thanks to some positive substitutions. It could turn out to be an important point in our season. I think that is the first time we've recovered something from being behind. Hopefully a turning point.

For the next game, the centre back partnership should be Kerr + A.N. Other. Sadly it won't be

New guys. Straker looked like he was going to challenge for the Abel Thermeus Award for worst ever Motherwell player in the first half. Looked better when he went to left back. Laing and O'Brien look a disastrous partnership. Whether one or the other would look better alongside another player, I couldn't say. O'Brien hasn't impressed really so maybe Laing would be better with Kerr or McManus.

A point gained given how things were at half time. Problem is we don't seem to know a good starting lineup but occasionally stumble on to a better team...

Was surprised that Kerr didn't start I thought he had a decent game last week and O'Brien has been very poor most of the season.

I understand we have been badly hit with injuries but we can't hope for any consistency when various players are changing position weekly.

Hopefully over the next two weeks we can get some of the injured players back and start having a settled side.