2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Long and short is everyone outside Ross County can see they are circumventing financial fair play rules with 2 pensioners and a dug turning up to their games.

Last Motherwell v Ross County attendance : 3,279

Last Ross County v Motherwell attendance : 3,378

Maybe Motherwell took more fans to Dingwall, I don't know but the point is we have similar sized home attendances, perhaps a couple of hundred either way of 3,000.

You have to compare like with like though. By that I mean compare our attendances with those of Ross County when we were comfortably in the top 6. What were their attendances when they were struggling in the bottom 6?

Do we know how many away fans attended the two games?

I was up at the game in Dingwall and we had approx 150 at most 200 fans, there might have been slightly more county fans at Fir park but to be honest i think the numbers were pretty similar.

Being a saddo, I have just calculated Ross County and Motherwell average home gates for season so far - league games only. County - 4054 and Motherwell 4,559. Our average is bolstered by having 3 decent home attendances at start of season and 8888 against Celtic.

I was probably one of his severe critics. As I said in another thread he is easily disposessed when caught on the ball. However I have seen a marked improvement in his overall play since Lasley went off injured against Utd and again vs Aberdeen. Possibly nearer his natural position. McGhee did say he was cover for Lasley. Doubt we can afford both in midfield.

I thought Gomis looked very strong on Saturday, very calm on the ball (if anything a bit too calm on a couple of occasions).

Ultimately he's been brought in to do a job short term, and he's performed well so far. Not set the heather on fire but then again we weren't expecting him to come in and save our season considering our preferred midfield pairing is Lasley and Pearson. The next few weeks will be interesting to see whether McGhee pairs him with Lasley - too similar perhaps?

Ultimately he's been brought in to do a job short term, and he's performed well so far. Not set the heather on fire but then again we weren't expecting him to come in and save our season considering our preferred midfield pairing is Lasley and Pearson. The next few weeks will be interesting to see whether McGhee pairs him with Lasley - too similar perhaps?

He'll never ever set the heather on fire as he's just not that kind of player. He's the kind of guy who cleans up, closes opponents down, tackles, protects his central defenders and values and appreciates his goalkeeper. He'll never be eyecatching but he's the kind of player every team needs.

Yeah Lasley and Jennings did play a lot together but that was in a different formation, with a different squad and a Keith Lasley who was five years younger. Sorry mate but not really the same thing.

I like Las, he's Motherwell through and through but it's been the absence of someone who can consistently fill that now clichéd 'makelele' role that has cost us dearly in the past two seasons. Las naturally is not that player, his age dictates that he plays that role however.

As pointed out, Gomis is more suited to that role and is good cover for Las, nothing more and nothing less. A sensible short term signing that, based upon the last two games alone, has justified itself without deliberation.

I wouldn't fall out with signing him long term if he were to rotate with Las, but given his age and Lasleys status at the club, he neither fits the business plan targets nor is adaptable enough (like Grimshaw was) to play in the same team as Keith Lasley.

On a completely different note, if accies go down, they'll need to cut the wage bill. We will have necessity for a keeper for next season....would Michael McGovern be someone we would want to see at fir park?

Similarly, if Kilmarnock go down,I'll be the first to start the inevitable Jamie Macdonald rumours that happen on here every summer.

I can see Hammell being offered another deal, but Lasley will probably step back into the coaching side. McManus, to my mind, should definitely stay for another season purely because we don't have anyone who looks capable of stepping up. For all his frailties he has been beneficial in terms of Hall's development, and I don't think we're ready to pair the latter with Kennedy or a.n.other. Needless to say, a centre back and a right back is probably a must this Summer.

Other than that I don't really disagree with the shopping list Steelboy mentioned. Gomis will be away so the need for midfield cover remains (especially if Lasley goes), and given that Clarkson, Faddy and probably Fletcher will be away too, we need some new blood up front.

Again, it's probably more a case of getting rid as much as it is bringing the right folk in this year.

Before the sheep game ,I think we`ve only won one game without our captain .East fife .