Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

Might get a few fans annoyed here but if its Sevco I would give them the Cooper and let us try and fill the rest of the stadium.

Lets face it for that day we'll have a lot of "neutrals" wanting tickets and willing for a 'Well win, I would hope on such an important occasion for us tho, our fans will turn out.

Qos are the weakest of those 3 teams, those 6 points above still don't put me off wanting us to get them.Being relegated by dodgy decisions against Rangers would be hard to take and Hibs are the best of those 3 teams so I don't see why anyone seriously would rather get one of those two.

Lets face it for that day we'll have a lot of "neutrals" wanting tickets and willing for a 'Well win, I would hope on such an important occasion for us tho, our fans will turn out.

The only 'neutrals' who give enough of a fuck to do that are Celtic fans and they can keep the fuck away.

On your second point where is the evidence to support this?

I'm not suggesting for a minute that QOS would be easy because they won't. However if they are that good why didn't they finish in the top 3?

QoS started the season slowly and then came on to a game, the opposite of Rangers who's best form was at the beginning of the season.

Roughly bore out by the results between the teams, Rangers won the first tie 4-2, since then QoS haven drawn one and won two with the last being a 3-0 win for QoS.

Rangers finished 7 points ahead of QoS but QoS had a dead rubber match on the last game of the season against Livingston, something Rangers didn't have, even so it was 19 wins for Rangers to 17 wins for QoS, not much difference.

Over the last ten matches of the season Hibs had the best form with 24 points, Rangers and QoS both had 20 points but QoS played Rangers twice and Hibs once and won 2 and drew 1 of those matches.

Really I think there is very little between any of those teams and I wouldn't want to predict what team will get to the final.

The things that maybe swings it a little in QoS favour is that they have a very good home record and will play all their home ties first, giving them an advantage if they can win them and they have won 6 out of the last 7 at home. Also QoS have the better head to head record against both Hibs and Rangers.

So in terms of quality of opposition I don't really see any big advantage or disadvantage from playing any of those teams. For me the considerations we need to consider are else where - such as the consequences of dropping down a league, or playing on a plastic pitch or against a team where the pressure of being favourites is on us.

I'd put it this simply - would you fancy taking on this Rangers team over two matches or would you rather risk taking on next seasons Rangers over a whole season? For me that is an easy answer because I doubt they will get worse next term. Bring them on.

Queen of the South is the worst possible scenario.

1) All the pressure is on us to beat the 'wee' team

2) First leg on a plastic pitch

3) QoS have excellent home record

4) QoS have very good record against 'big' teams. Won head to heads against Hibs and Rangers this season.

5) Best striker duo in the Championship this season (Lyle and Reilly)

6) If they beat us we go down into a Championship with Hibs and Rangers.

Is the first leg def away ?haven't seen that anywhere .Edit , just looked it up .Your right .

Yes. Higher seeded team gets advantage of 2nd leg at home.

I personally hope we get QoS but can't see it. Rangers will pull it together when they really really have too.

With McCall in charge? Not got a track record in this type of cup/ playoff situation. Still would rather 1 of the others though as less pressure from media.

Now confirmed that I will make it home on the Friday before the 2nd leg of the play off final. Going to miss the 1st leg as I will be in the airport but hoping I might pick up some WIFI in the lounge to find a stream but I am not holding my breath for it being strong enough.

Still hoping that we are not going to be in the play off but it is not looking likely at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be 'washing ma hair' instead of watching that team of fannies getting gubbed by Sevco/Hibs.

Get the toys back in the pram, put away your petted lip and support your fucking team. This is football. This is the essence of it - good times, bad times, mediocre times we get behind the team. Just because there is a chance we might be relegated is no reason to not show up. You sound exactly like an old firm glory hunter, ready to chuck it at the first sniff of disaster. Even worse, that actually makes you sound like you play for us - such is your lack of heart.

Also, wash your hair? In my mind's eye I always had you down as a baldy!!

• Like 4