Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

What worries me is how much barraclough and the club have spoken about this red card.

Seems to me as if they are using this to hide the fact that we got beat on saturday and trying to get away from the fact that we are in the playoffs.

On the matter it just shows barraclough has not got a clue bout scottish football when he dosent know how many games skippy would be banned for

Wait, are we now being told that being involved in an arguement with someone is now grounds for a further ban?

Where is the precedent for this?!?

It's a pretty fact-free article, which doesn't help. Only way I can think they could even consider doing this is if the referee happened to see and make a note of the incident. Technically I suppose he could then be given a second red for foul and abusive language, but to get one retrospectively for something that happened before a match would certainly be a first as far as I can remember.

Suppose it's also possible St Mirren have reported him to the SFA on a disrepute charge or something, but would you face a match ban for that, and so soon?

If the entire South Stand is as I feared to be given to only away fans then we might as well charge full whack.

Why are Rangers and Hibs trying to gain an advantage at their home games but we're happy to relinquish that?!?!

Because we always bend over when it comes to these things, from a financial perspective I can see his point although how much is this parachute payment and should we be gambling on coming straight back up to bank it?

Half a million IIRC, and a further £250k if you don't come straight back up.

After season ticket holders get their tickets i'd expect everybody else will have their address checked, obviously it can't weed them all out but 'm guessing if somebody from govan who's never bought a ticket before turns up they won't be getting one.

Got to agree that it just sums up Motherwell's mentality of bowing to bigger clubs. If we are given decent allocations by Rangers or Hibs then yeah give them the south stand, but if we get 900 tickets at ibrox then id stick them in a wing of the main stand and make the full stadium a fiver a ticket. This playoff game isnt a money spinner, its not for profit and getting 6000 rangers fans in at 25 quid each. Its solely about winning the tie and keeping our club where we've been for the last 30 years

I just fear it coming down to it being all square with 30 minutes to go at fir park and rangers go on and win it with 4500 fans behind the goal roaring them over the line and we had been given a pishy wee corner at ibrox

• Like 1

Got to agree that it just sums up Motherwell's mentality of bowing to bigger clubs. If we are given decent allocations by Rangers or Hibs then yeah give them the south stand, but if we get 900 tickets at ibrox then id stick them in a wing of the main stand and make the full stadium a fiver a ticket. This playoff game isnt a money spinner, its not for profit and getting 6000 rangers fans in at 25 quid each. Its solely about winning the tie and keeping our club where we've been for the last 30 years

I just fear it coming down to it being all square with 30 minutes to go at fir park and rangers go on and win it with 4500 fans behind the goal roaring them over the line and we had been given a pishy wee corner at ibrox

Totally agree with this.

After season ticket holders get their tickets i'd expect everybody else will have their address checked, obviously it can't weed them all out but 'm guessing if somebody from govan who's never bought a ticket before turns up they won't be getting one.

Govan... and every other Town within a 200 mile radius of Glasgow. It's a difficult one. I prefer to think they'll knock folk back for looking like Rangers fans. That's a bit more bulletproof.

id stick them in a wing of the main stand and make the full stadium a fiver a ticket.

All that would happen if you did that would be instead of 4k Rangers fans sat together in the south stand you'd have them dotted all over the ground which would be much worse IMO.

I agree with your point in principal though.

Honestly, I doubt the crowd will effect the outcome of the match. We need to get a result away from home first, if that's Rangers, we will have to play in front of nearly 50,000 of them a few days before.

I've seen Motherwell beat OF teams in front of full houses at Fir Park and get turned over pretty easy in front of relatively low crowds in recent seasons.

If you could say with any certainty that the crowd had a real effect on the outcome of the result, I'd agree with you, but I don't think you can say that with any certainty and as a result we have to try and make as much money out of the tie as possible.

Even if Rangers fans are given the normal allocation of the South Stand and part of the POD they shouldn't outnumbered the home support by much, if we manage to get our support out for what is a pretty crucial game.

Govan... and every other Town within a 200 mile radius of Glasgow. It's a difficult one. I prefer to think they'll knock folk back for looking like Rangers fans. That's a bit more bulletproof.

Anyone who has bought tickets in last umpteen years will have address on fo system so it should not be a problem to sell tickets to genuine well fans.

It's a matter of principle more than anything.

Rangers are giving us that pissy wee corner which amounts to about 950. Hibs are giving us the upper tier only behind the goals which is 1500.

Rangers treat the away fans like shit. Why are we being so generous with our allocation to them?!?!

They should get the upper tier of the South Stand only.

Away from the seating allocation thing, now that's it's come to it, who do we want to win tonight/ tomorrow? Me personally I would rather play Rangers, as no matter what, we won't need to put up with their vile fans next season. Anyone else got a preference?

Posted in the shoutbox, I want Hibs. Only because you can see the confidence of our players running down the back of their legs when we play that other mob.Our players will be crying and shouting for their mammies if we have to play them. I have absolutely no doubt we will lose if we play that mob and by a significant margin. Gimme Hibs even though i think they are a better team than Rangers. The only reason being we don't have a significant bottle crashing cowardly bunch of players against the Hibs compared to surrendering meekly to Rangers.

• Like 2

Posted in the shoutbox, I want Hibs. Only because you can see the confidence of our players running down the back of their legs when we play that other mob.Our players will be crying and shouting for their mammies if we have to play them. I have absolutely no doubt we will lose if we play that mob and by a significant margin. Gimme Hibs even though i think they are a better team than Rangers. The only reason being we don't have a significant bottle crashing cowardly bunch of players against the Hibs compared to surrendering meekly to Rangers.

Just curious ,how many players do we have that lost last time at ibrox ?

In the past 10 or 15 years a change of personnel hasn't seemed to have helped us much at Ibrox. Of course, it would make a great end to a bad season if we beat them in the play-off final. More difficult than usual given the SFA's desire to see them back in the top flight. 2 or 3 dodgy pens per half likely the minimum required from the refs.

It's not just the advantage of numbers.

If we only get 950 tickets there will be probably be 1500 fans who want to go who will miss out and the club are just going to shrug their shoulders.

Haven't been to Ibrox since the '80s, it would be a thought to go again. I would prefer a sunny afternoon in Edinburgh, a bite to eat then a wander down to Easter Road. Just feels more civilised.

Haven't been to Ibrox since the '80s, it would be a thought to go again. I would prefer a sunny afternoon in Edinburgh, a bite to eat then a wander down to Easter Road. Just feels more civilised.

Considering it's midweek and most people will be working 15 minutes down the m74 or a quick train ride would be easier than travelling to Leith.

Regardless considering the numbers we have taken to midweek semis in Glasgow and Edinburgh I think we could take a good crowd to either ground.