Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

I fully expect to be at least 3-0 down after the first leg and at best manage a draw at Fir Park. If by some miracle we're still in the game at Fir Park I expect some of the worst "honest mistakes" from the red you've ever seen.Quite certain McDonalds appeal won't be overturned either, yet Dave King is deemed "fit and proper"?!?!

Your McDonald part was shite i hope the rest keeps up the tradition of being a lot of shite as well.

Like the look of Mitch's side, only possible change I would consider comes from liking the look of Ramsden as the extra man in the middle against United (I think it was?). Not sure if he's had enough game time recently to be sharp and on it in that role though.

I've liked Grant a lot on the middle, but every time he's impressed there has been when we've been a few to the good and the pressure has been off. He's been poor out wide which hasn't been his fault to be fair, but he has looked like his confidence drops when the pressure to perform rises.

As others have said, from what i've seen of both our performances and Rangers' (or Hibs'), the extra man in midfield has to be the way to go but I am also not convinced Barra will go with it.

I agree whole heartedly with the 4-5-1 formation. I have always felt that Ramsden looks a bit lightweight in the miidle of the park (although agree he performed well in the Utd game Al B) so would go with Connor Grant, who has the makings of a very tidy football player indeed.

Crazy as it may sound I would go with Sutton up top. With a strong 5 across the middle, providing width, service to the frontman should not be an issue. I would take Sutton to convert those chances over Erwin or McDonald. Erwin and McDonald are better at making something happen but with 5 in the middle (2 being wingers) they should have more than enough to get things going.

So my prediction if it's Ibrox is a John Sutton hat-trick, all within the 6 yard box, with assists from Johnston (2) and Ainsworth (1). 0-3 to the good guys and all the pain of season 14-15 and the last decade of misery inflicted by Rangers slipping away down the Govan back streets. Easy!!!!!

Crazy as it may sound I would go with Sutton up top. With a strong 5 across the middle, providing width, service to the frontman should not be an issue. I would take Sutton to convert those chances over Erwin or McDonald. Erwin and McDonald are better at making something happen but with 5 in the middle (2 being wingers) they should have more than enough to get things going.

So my prediction if it's Ibrox is a John Sutton hat-trick, all within the 6 yard box, with assists from Johnston (2) and Ainsworth (1). 0-3 to the good guys and all the pain of season 14-15 and the last decade of misery inflicted by Rangers slipping away down the Govan back streets. Easy!!!!!

Crazy is the right word. A lot of discussion on the forum about Sutts recently but one thing is for sure. He cannot play as a lone striker. It doesn't work.

His link up play and ability to hold the ball up or run the channels is non existent, which are a major pre requisite of a lone striker. So no.... Just no to this.

• Like 1

4-5-1 for me,

Marv and Ainsworth on the fringes, Skippy sitting deep as he has a good engine to track back and burst forward with Las and Pearo. As for up front, with Marv and Lionel on the wings, I'd be inclined to go with Sutton as he has a knack of getting on the end of crossed balls, however I'm torn between him and Erwin. The big fella never gives up and offers more mobility, however hasn't been as clinical as you'd like this season, partly as he's not played through the centre so I accept that.

Dom Thomas to come on to replace Ainsworth if he defaults to ambivalence.

As for the back 4, just keep it tight and stay organised, lacking at many keystone cop instances this season.

Someone told me McGregor picked upp booking first leg so will miss one of the final matches?

I'm sure I heard that in the commentary too. I think it's the second leg he misses, although happy to be corrected.

Hopefully they bring in Mohsni

Yeah, Erwin to start and Sutton to come on when their defence is gubbed, cheeky wee late brace as he's done a few times this season would go down nicely.

Cue the Daily Record double spread, Law brothers facing each other with fists out, suitably cringie headline using Cain & Abel or Brotherly love in some pun ridden way. Stuart telling how the day will be angst ridden and upsetting no matter the result, I'm dry boaking at the mere thought.

• Like 1

One good thing in our team now, that we haven't had in the past, is that we have three players who are used to playing at Ibrox in a red hot atmosphere, who have experience playing in crunch ties against Rangers and winning those games.

McManus, McDonald & Pearson will be vital and crucial to any chance of success..... Oh and it will be funny to hear the venom from the stands directed towards the three of them....

• Like 2

Yeah, Erwin to start and Sutton to come on when their defence is gubbed, cheeky wee late brace as he's done a few times this season would go down nicely.

Cue the Daily Record double spread, Law brothers facing each other with fists out, suitably cringie headline using Cain & Abel or Brotherly love in some pun ridden way. Stuart telling how the day will be angst ridden and upsetting no matter the result, I'm dry boaking at the mere thought.

Got to be something to do with "Brothers-in-Law"

• Like 1

Anyone waiting til after the first leg to get tickets? Would be surprised if they're sold out by Friday given the strong possibility that we'll be 2 or 3 behind after the first game.

Sell out? There will be thousands of empty seats!!!

We won't sell out even if we are 3 up after the first leg. We're not a sell-out kinda team.

Our champs league home game saw the south stand opened to Well fans because all other area's sold out (bar the disallowed bucket seats) at about £35 a ticket. If we win the first leg we'll sell out our sections I think, the Champs League is small potatoes compared to humiliating the orcs.

• Like 1